Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing on E30 = 546 whp

WONT TAP

Seasoned Member
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS-V A8, 2018 ATS-V M6, 2022 CT4-V Blackwing A10
Charley had a good friend drive his car up from Florida to our shop in Ohio for the Blue Belt Performance Package. After installing Green high performance air filters, Gigs ported throttle body, Brisk silver racing spark plugs and Tapout resonated downpipes, we strapped the car to our DynoJet and got to work on the tuning. Peak power increased from 416 to 546 whp, with more power at every single point across the rpm range. Multiple 546 whp pulls were done back to back using E30 fuel and a custom calibration map that we created in house. We also provided a 93-octane map in case he isn’t able to locate an E85 station on his 1,118 mile trip back home.

CT4-V Blackwing - Blue Belt - E30 - 546 whp.png

Our team has worked tirelessly to create and develop the best possible performance parts, tuning and complete performance packages for the CT4-V Blackwing cars. We’ve made some incredible progress for a car that was originally thought to be ‘completely untunable’. Since August 2021, Tapout Tuning has been the innovator and always led the charge in this platform. Stay tuned, because there is more to come…

Wahoo! How do we get our hands on the e30 tune? I picked up a set of 305 m/t... Spring time should be fun!

Charley had a good friend drive his car up from Florida to our shop in Ohio for the Blue Belt Performance Package. After installing Green high performance air filters, Gigs ported throttle body, Brisk silver racing spark plugs and Tapout resonated downpipes, we strapped the car to our DynoJet and got to work on the tuning. Peak power increased from 416 to 546 whp, with more power at every single point across the rpm range. Multiple 546 whp pulls were done back to back using E30 fuel and a custom calibration map that we created in house. We also provided a 93-octane map in case he isn’t able to locate an E85 station on his 1,118 mile trip back home.

View attachment 14242

Our team has worked tirelessly to create and develop the best possible performance parts, tuning and complete performance packages for the CT4-V Blackwing cars. We’ve made some incredible progress for a car that was originally thought to be ‘completely untunable’. Since August 2021, Tapout Tuning has been the innovator and always led the charge in this platform. Stay tuned, because there is more to come…
@WONT TAP
Great work guys!!

What’s the process to run E85 or E30 and get this kind of power? We have it at the majority of gas stations down here in DFW. Current setup is the JB4, green HP filters and Brisk plugs.

I’m lacking knowledge/experience in the fueling field. Are you able to just run a full tank of E85 or E30 as you would 93 & with the correct tune you should have no issues?

Last edited:
Wahoo! How do we get our hands on the e30 tune? I picked up a set of 305 m/t... Spring time should be fun!
Just order a JB4, or any of our CT4-V Blackwing Performance Packages, and we'll get you hooked up.

Please be sure to share any dyno charts, Dragy 60 to 130 mph times and/or quarter mile time slips with us. We are currently in the process of establishing CT4-V Blackwing specific ranking charts, and we would love to include you in those rankings. 😊

ugh .. 3 more hp gain than me. I need to custom tune my jb4 😄
Ethanol fuel blend tunes tend to approach the limits of the stock CT4-V Blackwing fuel system capacity. That's why we were conservative and stopped at 546 whp. It would be no problem to turn it up a little more. Tapout Tuning has an excellent reputation to protect, so all our custom tunes include a reasonable safety margin.

For those of you running gasoline with no ethanol, you can turn up the boost even more before you reach the fuel system limits. So 600 whp should be within reach when you add octane boost to the equation.

Ethanol fuel blend tunes tend to approach the limits of the stock CT4-V Blackwing fuel system capacity. That's why we were conservative and stopped at 546 whp. It would be no problem to turn it up a little more. Tapout Tuning has an excellent reputation to protect, so all our custom tunes include a reasonable safety margin.

For those of you running gasoline with no ethanol, you can turn up the boost even more before you reach the fuel system limits. So 600 whp should be within reach when you add octane boost to the equation.
@WONT TAP Sounds awesome! Is running e30 just a matter of "guesstimating" the correct mix of e85 and regular gasoline? I had true flex fuel capability on my last vehicle, but curious how that works on the 4BW?

@WONT TAP Sounds awesome! Is running e30 just a matter of "guesstimating" the correct mix of e85 and regular gasoline? I had true flex fuel capability on my last vehicle, but curious how that works on the 4BW?
If you were planning to run the e30 map3, you'd likely want to get a flex fuel sensor and gauge to keep in the right range. Or once you figure out the ratio, just keep an eye on pumping x gallons of 91/92/93 and X of E85 to hit the target e30.

Keep in mind, an E mixture will max out your stock fuel system much sooner than higher oct gasoline.

You really need to get a sensor if you want to run it all the time. E85 pumps can vary wildly and even if you test the fuel by hand it can change with different deliveries. If you don't plan on running the E map much then you can just hand test the pump and then do your fill up.

Any thoughts on just producing a slight bump in HP and TQ while keeping everything stock? I keep hearing if we could get the CT4 blackwing around 500 hp/500tq, it would be perfect.

Any thoughts on just producing a slight bump in HP and TQ while keeping everything stock? I keep hearing if we could get the CT4 blackwing around 500 hp/500tq, it would be perfect.
Yes, Just installing a JB4 on a stock car and running Map1 will give you about a 60-80whp increase, putting you in the high 4s to the wheels.

Yes, Just installing a JB4 on a stock car and running Map1 will give you about a 60-80whp increase, putting you in the high 4s to the wheels.
But from tap out page sounds like you should swap out plugs? And these plugs last like 10-15k miles?

But from tap out page sounds like you should swap out plugs? And these plugs last like 10-15k miles?
Yeah you should absolutely do a set of plugs too with tighter gaps. But I don't really consider that a 'mod' as in your car would still be considered factory.

You really need to get a sensor if you want to run it all the time. E85 pumps can vary wildly and even if you test the fuel by hand it can change with different deliveries. If you don't plan on running the E map much then you can just hand test the pump and then do your fill up.
@strohw Thanks, that makes sense. Is there a sensor/kit currently available for the 4BW? I looked a bit online and didn't see anything. Or are people just using one adopted from the ATS-V?

This is my first car pushing this much HP and boost. I wonder if it's typical for these sort of cars to need new plugs every 10-15k. With a V6 that has a lot of accessories on top, it sounds like a PITA to do about once a year, depending on how much you drive.

This is my first car pushing this much HP and boost. I wonder if it's typical for these sort of cars to need new plugs every 10-15k. With a V6 that has a lot of accessories on top, it sounds like a PITA to do about once a year, depending on how much you drive.
Copper plugs will need to be changed much more frequently, the OEM iridium plugs will last much longer, but they may not be the best heat range for higher boost levels. The trick is to find one step colder iridum plugs, been looking myself, but not found anything yet.

This sounds like so much fun, but highly modifying another car just scares the crap out of me... I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again...

@strohw Thanks, that makes sense. Is there a sensor/kit currently available for the 4BW? I looked a bit online and didn't see anything. Or are people just using one adopted from the ATS-V?
The sensors themselves are all universal. the atsv kit would get really close but likely would need a little custom love to work on the bw. nothing a shop doing the install couldn't do though.

We worked with DSX Tuning to develop an alcohol content sensor kit that fits ATS-Vs perfectly. However, it send a frequency output that works fine with E92/A ECMs. The E99 ECM in our cars has no alcohol content sensor input provision. In addition, there is no way to program the ECMs to enable flex fuel anyways. So what I'm saying is there is no point in purchasing the flex fuel kit, since it can't actually be used on our Blackwings.

If you use a basic cell phone app and always target an E30 blend, you should always be in the E25 to E35 range. The ECM will automatically adjust the fueling throughout this range, and the tune will remain safe if you work with us to set it up.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back