Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT-5 Moved to a 2023

DSG3249

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT-5 Blackwing
Has anyone else waiting for a CT-5 Blackwing been moved to a 2023?

I'm not sure if I made the right decision. I had an order for a 2022 sitting at 1100 since October 15. My dealer called this week and told me that he got one allocation for a collector's edition 2023 and he guaranteed that I'll get the car. I decided to take it and it will get ordered the weekend of May 7th. Apparently, there will be no constraints on those cars, but they won't be built until August, so now I'm playing the waiting game again. I can't figure out if that was the right way to go or if I would have gotten a car sooner had I just waited it out with the 2022. If it ships at the end of August, that means it will likely be September for a total of 11 months.

I mean if you get everything you want for it, why not? Those are going to be the first 2023 cars built and impression is every allocation for 2022 has been used/given out at this point.

Did they mention a price increase or any other differences? Either way, I would have done the same - even though I wouldn't believe the "guaranteed" portion of it lol..

I'm sure your original would have likely moved to a 2023 anyway.

That's true - I was getting ready for that. If allocations for 2022 have really ended, this probably was a good move. I wsan't aware of 2022 ending, but it makes sense since they told me that there have been 0 allocations across the country for the past two weeks.
I asked about a price increase and they won't know for sure until May 5th. They took a guess and told me that they are expecting it to be a few hundred dollars - so not too bad really.

I think you made the right decision. Especially if you can choose the carbon parts you want. The shifter medallion on the 6MT looks so cool.

I'm not sure allocations for 2022 have ended or not. That in it self would be interesting to find out. Maybe Dustin @1StunnaV can chime in. And when do 2023 allocations start?

So, they are going to build all at once? That's actually smart, but when you build 5-10 a week, that's a long time for us "regular" 2023 orders to get built. Hell, even at 20 a week that's 6 weeks delayed and squarely into mid/late Sept before they build "regular" BW's.

Plus they may have been hoarding carbon parts, or parts in general? If true, that kind of sucks for us waiting.

Sorry to be a Negative Nancy, but as someone else said, I'm really losing interest at this point.

That said, if my dealer calls and offers me one, I'm in!

I had the same thought. How do they magically have parts to make the Collector Edition cars with no constraints? I'm supposed to go in an actually place the order in a couple of weeks so I'll see what kind of information I can gather.

This is the last information I have about 2022/2023 orders. It came from a GM notice that was re-posted on this Forum. It would be good to know if it still stands:

DOSP = Dealer Order Submission Process
Initial Consensus = How many of the product the dealer has "earned" as allocated by GM
Final Consensus = Amount of product the dealer gets after GM has reviewed their requested quantities

1650836548428.png

I had the same thought. How do they magically have parts to make the Collector Edition cars with no constraints? I'm supposed to go in an actually place the order in a couple of weeks so I'll see what kind of information I can gather.
I wouldn't put it past them to stock any incoming parts that are on constraint, and save them for all the custom 120th anniversary cars.

Anyone who's buying a collectors edition should have a "Baller" title added to their name

"I am the Grandmaster Goatherder Blackwing King and I approve this message"

If the cars are being built 4-6 months from now, they don't need to have the parts now, just just need to have them before production starts..... No hoarding....... CFZ for CT5-V BW is available to order again but only extremely limited quantities, not even worth mentioning really

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back