Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Corvette Z06

I'm getting a C8 Z06 too and think it will look great next to my C6 ZR1 and 5BW in the garage. Hopefully this time next year or before, I'll have it in the garage.

I've sold my C8 and am on the list at Criswell for a Z06 but he's saying it'll be 3 years.
Do they promise the car at MSRP? I've noticed some of their retail offerings have ADM on top. They are probably the nearest "big" dealer for me, but I don't want to play games and some of the other big corvette dealers are very clear about the pricing, which is nice.

Do they promise the car at MSRP? I've noticed some of their retail offerings have ADM on top. They are probably the nearest "big" dealer for me, but I don't want to play games and some of the other big corvette dealers are very clear about the pricing, which is nice.
Yes, Mike Furman sells at MSRP.

Last edited:
That makes two engines that GM has spent serious R&D money on and dumped with no recoup recently- these are crazy times...
Not necessarily. The LT5 engine was based off the Z06's LT4 engine. They didn't have to spend that much development money like they would have with the the 2023 Z06's LT6 engine, and even then, that's based off the C8.R race car's engine.

Huge development costs come in when it's a whole new engine with no predecessor

C8.R is a huge chunk of why the LT6 is so much more impressive than the Voodoo. And I'm not saying that to bash Ford; they just don't play in the same space and it cost them.

Not necessarily. The LT5 engine was based off the Z06's LT4 engine. They didn't have to spend that much development money like they would have with the the 2023 Z06's LT6 engine, and even then, that's based off the C8.R race car's engine.

Huge development costs come in when it's a whole new engine with no predecessor
I guess I hadn't actually looked that closely before- I really thought there was more to it than whatever the manufacturer equivalent of a 'pulley and a tune' is ;)

So, just the BW as a 1-off R&D exercise? At least in recent years.

I guess I hadn't actually looked that closely before- I really thought there was more to it than whatever the manufacturer equivalent of a 'pulley and a tune' is ;)

So, just the BW as a 1-off R&D exercise? At least in recent years.
I can't speak on the CT4-V Blackwing's engine because I haven't researched it enough, but the engine in the CT5-V Blackwing is straight out of the C7 Z06 Corvette with some changes. Again, it's not a whole new engine.

I can't speak on the CT4-V Blackwing's engine because I haven't researched it enough, but the engine in the CT5-V Blackwing is straight out of the C7 Z06 Corvette with some changes. Again, it's not a whole new engine.
I was thinking the actual BW engine- from the CT6. One car, one MY, $23M is what I remember

I'm not suggesting it was all loss, because sometimes you learn something vital from the process. Take the F-117. Not actually a fighter, and not really all that useful compared to what we spent on the program... But without it, we don't get the B-2 or the F22! So, an important step even if it seemed ludicrous when the AF strapped a missile on it that one time and only to pretend it really was the 'fighter' Congress had funded!

Reactions: Rob
The 4 Blackwing’s engine is definitely not a whole new engine. It’s the same engine that was in the predecessor ATS-V with mods.

I was thinking the actual BW engine- from the CT6. One car, one MY, $23M is what I remember

I'm not suggesting it was all loss, because sometimes you learn something vital from the process. Take the F-117. Not actually a fighter, and not really all that useful compared to what we spent on the program... But without it, we don't get the B-2 or the F22! So, an important step even if it seemed ludicrous when the AF strapped a missile on it that one time and only to pretend it really was the 'fighter' Congress had funded!
Not to nitpick ;) but the B-2 derived more from the YB-49/35 + tacit blue + software to keep it in the air and the B-21 Raider will be the evolution of the B-2. (I was a lead S/W Engineer at Northrop ASD/B2 division for 8 years in Pico Rivera, CA at the former Ford factory just to loop it back into the car discussion). We also got the F22 when it was chosen in a fly-off between it and the Northrop F23. The F23 was technically a better plane and could super-cruise with either GE or PW engines but the F22 could only do it with the PW engine however contracts are often awarded for political reasons or to avoid ending up with only one supplier in the future.

I wonder if they possibly dropped the LT5 as a crate engine since it still required the use of the encrypted ECU which made it less desirable than other options. I'm hoping there is some news about a plan for aftermarket access to locked ECUs at SEMA this week since even the sales of performance products offered by the car manufacturers are likely impacted by that situation.

From what I read on the Corvette forum if a guy wanted to pay MSRP with no ADM it is roughly a 5 year window from today if you place an order with one of the top 3 dealers.
Just in time for the C9...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners