Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

considering CT4-BW as a daily? a few questions

Who would race a rear wheel drive car in the snow??

Who would race a rear wheel drive car in the snow??
Uhhh...who wouldn't?

5Qy1vZ.gif

Yea I don’t think it’s meant to be a street setting. Snow/ice mode changes the power delivery down low. Makes the car less torquey. PTM-wet is not a traction setting for the snow lol.
It's a setting for low traction surfaces. That's why I asked the guy who has driven his Blackwing in the snow what he used. Have you driven yours in the snow? :rolleyes:

Page 264 of the CT4 owner's manual PDF:

PTM (Performance Traction Management) (If Equipped)
PTM controls vehicle performance systems for professional handling on race tracks.

And on page 262 it gives a chart of Driver Mode Control options that shows PTM is only available in Track mode.
Thanks for the backup lol

It's a setting for low traction surfaces. That's why I asked the guy who has driven his Blackwing in the snow what he used. Have you driven yours in the snow? :rolleyes:
Yes I’ve driven all my RWD sports cars in the snow. All on all season tires.

Page 264 of the CT4 owner's manual PDF:

PTM (Performance Traction Management) (If Equipped)
PTM controls vehicle performance systems for professional handling on race tracks.

And on page 262 it gives a chart of Driver Mode Control options that shows PTM is only available in Track mode.
PTM is also available as a subset of V-mode, it is not Track mode only.

You'll figure it out when you get your car. ;)

I live in NJ as well and was driving it daily until it got too cold. The 4BW is a very comfortable commuter car for sure. I've only had it for the summer but from my experience with my other RWD cars (which all have winter tires) you generally don't want to drive it in the snow. Just get the winter tires if you want performance in the cold.

How do I know? I drove my Lexus GSF with Pirelli Sottozero 3s into Vermont for some skiing. When I drove into the lodge the roads were clear, but by the time I was heading out there was a foot of snow. All the heavy AWD SUVs with all seasons were doing just fine. The RWD of the GSF struggled bad even with fresh tires. I learned to just stay off the roads when there's snow. Especially with these performance cars, there's only so many winter tire options and it's a pain to have to swap tires each season.

What settings do you run in the snow? I'm curious how Snow/Ice mode compares with PTM-wet.
So for everyday driving I run "My Mode" which is pretty much everything in comfort/touring mode but the loudest exhaust settings. This is for dry, cold road conditions. When it's actually snowed (only a few times so far) or been icy, I have used the snow/ice settings and it has worked well. Throttle mapping is blunted and I don't feel like I'm going to spin out with every prod of the throttle.

Very easy car to drive in the snowy conditions. I would not hesitate at all. Snow tires are a must in my mind for Michigan, not sure about other states.

Cheers,
Christopher

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop