Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cold Air Intake

omnivore

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2013 CTS-V Coupe 6-Spd Manual
I looked around at every Cold Air Intake (complete) for my 2013 V-Coupe. Was not able to choose one, mainly because when I spoke with each company, they all said they had not yet determined if their product worked on a 2013 model. This is apparently because Cadillac is infamous for changing their Mass Airflow Sensors from year to year as well as the associated parameters in the ECU. D3 has one they say works, but they also want to sell you an add-on module to get the "best performance" out of the CAI, which I think is likely true, but also ridiculous. Plus, D3 is one of the most expensive systems out there.

Do any of you V-brethren out there have any recommendations? I have a B&B cat-back exhaust - same issue, had to wait about 3 weeks before they would actually guarantee fitment. I think whatever minimal improvement the exhaust gave me in breathing will be enhanced with a good CAI (and maybe a tune).

I recently installed an Airaid CAI on my 2013 V-Wagon with no issues whatsoever. Autoeverything had the best price at the time.

I had the Airraid in my 2011 and had no issues with it. Install is pretty straighfwd and I don't see you having any issues with it..

I had the Airraid in my 2011 and had no issues with it. Install is pretty straighfwd and I don't see you having any issues with it..

I also had this question when I was looking for an air intake late last Sept. I ordered a Hennessey but it was back ordered. I then talked to Airaid and they told me that they would give me 1/2 off the price if I reported back if it worked or not. I said send it. I had it installed 2 days later. Worked perfectly. I forgot that I had the Hennessey ordered and it showed up a few weeks later and is now sitting on my work bench. I may eventually do a comparo but for now I will keep the Airaid on the car.

Dyno differences?
Did you see any differences between the stock system and the Airaid system?
Cost .vs. the Hennessey system?

I have not done anything to my V Wagon except drive it. Would like to know if the cold air systems actually do anything to a stock engine.

Dyno differences?
Did you see any differences between the stock system and the Airaid system?
Cost .vs. the Hennessey system?

I have not done anything to my V Wagon except drive it. Would like to know if the cold air systems actually do anything to a stock engine.

The Hennessey was about 500 bucks. The Airaid system Part # 250-253C lists at about 580.00 but I got it for 275.00 because they weren't sure it would fit my 2013 model. It's carbon fiber as is nicer than the Hennessey. I haven't done any dyno testing but it sounds bitchen. From what I understand it's worth about 6 actual HP.

500+ bucks. That's a lot for 6 HP and more noise. Think I'll leave my V Wagon stock a while longer. It's the rarest car I own but it's also my daily driver. Wife gives me a little grief about that sometimes.

500+ bucks. That's a lot for 6 HP and more noise. Think I'll leave my V Wagon stock a while longer. It's the rarest car I own but it's also my daily driver. Wife gives me a little grief about that sometimes.

The non CF version is less money but I agree...not good bang for the buck. Hard to make power with this engine unless you do things that void the warranty.

1st mod I get will be intake.. gotta hear that supercharger white a little louder. cannot wait.

There is a video on Youtube that shows Dyno results of installing an AirRaid intake. It was supposedly a stock car and the after install Dyno result said it increased by 21 RWHP.

There is a video on Youtube that shows Dyno results of installing an AirRaid intake. It was supposedly a stock car and the after install Dyno result said it increased by 21 RWHP.

Did AirRaid produce the video?

Did AirRaid produce the video?

No it was done by Power TV. They were doing an Airaid intake and Corse exhaust install. They did a before Dyno before each install and the result for the Airaid intake was done before they put the exhaust on. Stock air box and exhaust results were 457 WRHP and 458 FT/LB torque, Airaid intake addition only results were 478 WRHP and 476 FT/LB torque, and results for intake and exhaust were 483 WRHP and 468 FT/LB torque. I found it interesting that the Corsa exhaust only increased the WHP by 8 yet decreased the torque.

Airaid intake systems for the V run $440 to $590. For that price, they better work.

Like you, I'm surprised the Corsa exhaust didn't create more power than it did. Guess the stock exhaust is pretty good even though it a little too quiet.
I put Corsa on my old 1992 Vette a few years ago and gained almost 30 horsepower - the stock Corvette exhaust back them was pretty restrictive.

I'm going to leave my V stock for the foreseeable future. The only thing I've done to it is install a K&N air filter and new tires.

Airaid intake systems for the V run $440 to $590. For that price, they better work.

Like you, I'm surprised the Corsa exhaust didn't create more power than it did. Guess the stock exhaust is pretty good even though it a little too quiet.
I put Corsa on my old 1992 Vette a few years ago and gained almost 30 horsepower - the stock Corvette exhaust back them was pretty restrictive.

I'm going to leave my V stock for the foreseeable future. The only thing I've done to it is install a K&N air filter and new tires.

After further review of the video I noticed they only put on the Corsa exhaust but didn't upgrade the pipes which is why it didn't do a whole lot. I purchased the Carbon Fiber hydro print Airaid intake yesterday for $579. I'll be installing it once it gets in.

I put an Airaid on my 12 sedan a couple weeks ago. I got it from Jegs, non carbon fiber, dry element, for around $400 including tax. Airaid is offering a $50 rebate during the month of September. The SC whine that I can now hear is addictive. FWIW, Airaid claims a 28hp/aroud 40lb/ft torque increase. I figured if I got half that I am happy.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners