Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Clear Corner Markers? Too Passe?

Still waiting for my BW to come in, but I want to replace the orange side markers with clear/white ones. Has anyone found a set that will work with the CT5? I am assuming the CT4/CT5 side markers are interchangeable.

I was wondering if the CTS euro side markers will work, but I believe they are a different shape. Recently, I was checking out my local auto trader and I found a BW with what appears to be clear side markers. So it seems like there are options out there. View attachment 16905
Clear ones are available for 214 bucks from , I think, GScreations. Cts won't work.

I tinted mine with a roll of film from Amazon and I'm very happy with the result. And the price. (~$15)
Did the same. Went with their gloss smoke tint from lamin-x

Attachments

• 3941645A-6932-4F15-947A-05D422B2DA00.jpeg
    3941645A-6932-4F15-947A-05D422B2DA00.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 81
Anyone do the lamin-x tints on their taillights and if so, how did they come out?

Their lamin-x website has the following warning for the CT5 taillights

***ATTENTION, DUE TO THE EXTREME CURVATURE ON THE LENS, THIS PRECUT DOES NOT FULLY COVER THE TAIL LIGHT. PLEASE SEE OUR UNIVERSAL SHEETS PAGE FOR MORE DIY PRODUCTS.***

and the following for the CT4

***ATTENTION, DUE TO THE INSTALLATION DIFFICULTY THIS PRECUT DOES NOT COVER THE ENTIRE LIGHT. THE INSIDE PORTION NEAR THE TRUNK WILL NOT BE COVERED.***

The clear sides went up in price to 250 now. I almost rationalized 214, but I wont do 250 now. Hopefully some other company will make a set of nice clear or smoked ones

Edit: I'd like clear ones, I know stock ones could be tinted instead of smoked versions.

The clear sides went up in price to 250 now. I almost rationalized 214, but I wont do 250 now. Hopefully some other company will make a set of nice clear or smoked ones

Edit: I'd like clear ones, I know stock ones could be tinted instead of smoked versions.
That is ridiculous. No one should even entertain that price!

@GTANotch88 are the ones from GS Creations for CT5 your are speaking about? I thought someone tried and said they didn’t fit. Not 100% sure, but thought someone tried.

I bought a set for my 17 ZL1 and really looked great.

Yes, the GScreation ones. I wasn't aware of any fitment issues, so now I'm glad I didn't buy them previously for $214. I thought I read somewhere that savage Cadillac was working on a set or something.

I got a response from Savage Cadillac in regards to clear markers. They said they'd have them by the end of the year. Hopefully the price is reasonable.

In the meantime, I've turned to attempting to fabricate my own. Once I'm satisfied with the outcome, I'll post a whole thread about it. But the short version is that attempt 1 was maybe 50% satisfactory and by attempt 3, I'm at 90%. I think one or two more changes to my process and I should be at least at 98-99%.

Attachments

• 20230412_173540.jpg
    20230412_173540.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
  • 20230412_173533.jpg
    20230412_173533.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I got a response from Savage Cadillac in regards to clear markers. They said they'd have them by the end of the year. Hopefully the price is reasonable.

In the meantime, I've turned to attempting to fabricate my own. Once I'm satisfied with the outcome, I'll post a whole thread about it. But the short version is that attempt 1 was maybe 50% satisfactory and by attempt 3, I'm at 90%. I think one or two more changes to my process and I should be at least at 98-99%.
Great work! I am looking forward to watching your progress.

Nice work. Just tell us how much so you can take our monies?

GScreations fitment is 100% fine. Electrical connector just look sloppy. These are the only guys that made clear sidemarkers for the car(at the time i was looking for a set). If someone comes out with a clear sidemarker and white LED, I'd swap these out ASAP.
20230413_134648.jpg
IMG_20230407_153932.jpg
IMG_20230407_153941.jpg
IMG_20230407_153936.jpg
IMG_20230407_153933.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC