Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Clear Corner Markers? Too Passe?

DustinEarnhardt

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
So I haven't done a whole lot of car modifications in the past few years, but I've always been a bit irritated with the DOT's mandate to have amber lenses on the front corners of vehicles. Are clear corner markers something that's still done today, or does this scream "early-2000s-boy-racer" too much?

1629253035036.png

It’s still a thing. Check out Diode Dynamics.

Ah cool. Good see Diode Dynamics is still around. (I bought some switchback bulbs from them ~8yrs ago)

Sadly they don't have anything for the latest generation CT4.

I didn’t like the orange side markers on my electric blue CT4V BW. So I had them tinted…I think they look better and don’t stick out as much
My detailer mentioned tinting mine.

Blacked mine out with some tint.

Attachments

• C2AAE813-E892-4479-8747-542DF790C0AD.jpeg
    C2AAE813-E892-4479-8747-542DF790C0AD.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 223
Not a Blackwing but my CTS. I purchased the European reflector lenses right from GM for around $10 each but you need to cut a hole for the bulb and I just stuck in amber bulbs so it's all legal. They may have them for the CT5?
01fe006328912ce8346f406c6825e4cd07177b7a20.jpg

So I haven't done a whole lot of car modifications in the past few years, but I've always been a bit irritated with the DOT's mandate to have amber lenses on the front corners of vehicles. Are clear corner markers something that's still done today, or does this scream "early-2000s-boy-racer" too much?

View attachment 4158
Good lord... I just looked at their website on these again. Read this and I'm seriously glad I didn't order them without looking closer:

Smoked version: The front markers are OEM lights that we have tinted by spraying a mix of black and clear paint then they are clear coated, buffed and polished to give that perfect smoked look. Please do NOT confuse these with what others make which can be a flat acrylic cover that will stick out when installed or a film that will leave you with bubbles and shrink over time exposing the factory light edges.

If the clear lights are indeed like $10 each, you're basically paying $140 for GS Creations to spray them. No thanks. A rattle can of spray tint is also like $10.

Not a Blackwing but my CTS. I purchased the European reflector lenses right from GM for around $10 each but you need to cut a hole for the bulb and I just stuck in amber bulbs so it's all legal. They may have them for the CT5?
View attachment 6261
I tried looking into that..
All I found so far is that the CT5 debut in China in 2019 has a version without any front side marker. Still looking for a European(maybe even an Australian) version. I feel like all the worldwide BW exports will have the orange side marker lights, instead of making a handful of light-free bumper versions or clear lenses.
Cadillac-CT5-China-Version-2.jpg

I tried looking into that..
All I found so far is that the CT5 debut in China in 2019 has a version without any front side marker. Still looking for a European(maybe even an Australian) version. I feel like all the worldwide BW exports will have the orange side marker lights, instead of making a handful of light-free bumper versions or clear lenses.
Cadillac-CT5-China-Version-2.jpg
Bummer. But probably correct. :confused:

The markers are easy to get out. You can pull them out and tint/wrap them yourself for $10-15.

with the proximity to the front lights all being clear i was looking for decent clear ones
also would match better

with the proximity to the front lights all being clear i was looking for decent clear ones
also would match better
I too prefer the clear look. I usually do white lights to match the DRLs (never been pulled over for lack of amber lights)

Still waiting for my BW to come in, but I want to replace the orange side markers with clear/white ones. Has anyone found a set that will work with the CT5? I am assuming the CT4/CT5 side markers are interchangeable.

I was wondering if the CTS euro side markers will work, but I believe they are a different shape. Recently, I was checking out my local auto trader and I found a BW with what appears to be clear side markers. So it seems like there are options out there.
Clear Side Marker_BW.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners