Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Catch can install?

The SC needs to removed for this install?

I'm not aware of issues with videos being linked, there are plenty already. Same with portions of the FSM being attached.

Yeah with any direct injected engine I would not go without a catch can. Put on on my ATS-V and same as you had about 1-2 ounces of oil every oil change. I would have about 2-3 ounces from one track day.

I attached pics of the almost finished product. I need to clean up the routing of the lines and put some heat shrink over the ends of the lines to cover the frayed black nylon and SS braiding from the cuts, but it is good for now.
That is not how you're supposed to do that. You're supposed to take the pcv valve out and put a fitting in there and run a hose to the catch can and then run another hose back to the fitting on the throttle body that's capped off at the factory.

That is not how you're supposed to do that. You're supposed to take the pcv valve out and put a fitting in there and run a hose to the catch can and then run another hose back to the fitting on the throttle body that's capped off at the factory.
Yes that is if you run just a single output catch can. I ran a double output to avoid loss of vacuum at WOT. The second output goes to the CAI to help in that situation. Below is a quick break down of the three lines. I also attached a video running through the connections.

1: Catch can input from the PCV diverter that replaced the factory PCV under the SC.
2: Catch can output one from the catch can to the throttle body where it was plugged off.
3: Catch can to the intake where the line from the factory clean side separator comes into the intake.

Attachments

• PXL_20230305_235922472.mp4
    26.3 MB
  • PXL_20230305_235936008.mp4
    52.7 MB
  • PXL_20230306_000001902.mp4
    41.2 MB
  • PXL_20230306_000117931.mp4
    50.8 MB
  • PXL_20230306_000142682.mp4
    63 MB
Well I tried to upload videos.... but I don't think they worked. Someone let me know if they can see them.

Confirmed videos worked! Going to try to do this sometime this week. Also see your local, I'm doing the Death of Winter Track day this Month @ AMP.

Confirmed videos worked! Going to try to do this sometime this week. Also see your local, I'm doing the Death of Winter Track day this Month @ AMP.
When is this!!! I need a track day.... sadly my Infiniti needs a shake down. I changed the brake system and want to test it at an Autox event before a track day.

The SC needs to removed for this install?

I'm not aware of issues with videos being linked, there are plenty already. Same with portions of the FSM being attached.
Yes it has to be removed. Sadly it is just to get to the PCV valve. It doesn't have to be fully taken off the block, just lifted up from the front side to get to the PCV.

I uploaded some videos of the routing yesterday. Also attached are the images from the manual for the SC bolt pattern and torques along with the cooler cover.

1678109747939.png

1678109805854.png

Answered most of my questions by rewatching the videos. I Just ordered the part number you had. Guess I just have to buy hose and fab up a spacer for the bracket it comes with and be done.

Last edited:
When is this!!! I need a track day.... sadly my Infiniti needs a shake down. I changed the brake system and want to test it at an Autox event before a track day.
March 19! J Zilla Track day

March 19! J Zilla Track day
I actually googled it (which I should have done from jump) and am interested. I think I am just going to put the track pads on the Infiniti and send it :oops:. That is if it is point by passing. I am not into open passing. I have done it at a few tracks, but a little too risky for me.

I will ping you separately to start a chat.

Answered most of my questions by rewatching the videos. I Just ordered the part number you had. Guess I just have to buy hose and fab up a spacer for the bracket it comes with and be done.
No the hoses come with the kit. I paid extra for the nylon braided hoses, but it will come with pretty much everything needed, minus the spacer and the adapter I got from Garage king.

The spacer was around an 1/8th inch that I had sitting in the spare hardware drawer of my tool box. Nothing really that big. I attached an image of a similar spacer. It may work without the spacer depending on how you do your install. If your close to Mableton I can get you the space spacer I have.

One more thing is be prepared to shave down the barbed end of the diverter. It isn't hard, but will be needed due to the fitting hitting the water pump housing. I used my Dremel to shave it, took about 5 mins. I attached a few images of folks that have done the same. Elite "supposedly" has fixed this and has a new diverter. I hope you get the new one.

Attachments

• 1676305277352blob.png
    1676305277352blob.png
    191 KB · Views: 72
  • 1676305338481blob.png
    1676305338481blob.png
    526.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 1676305111607blob.png
    1676305111607blob.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20230306_205246580.jpg
    PXL_20230306_205246580.jpg
    734 KB · Views: 68
For any that installed the Elite: E2X-A1DVP20, Did it include everything needed except for the 1 fitting from Garage King?

Elite Engineering E2-X PCV Oil... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y2Z69SS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the kit I just received. It's seems the quick connect fitting isn't necessary anymore. They supply a t-fitting to just splice into the line. Opon install I will determine which version I will use. Those quick connect fittings are available at NAPA.
The replacement PVC fitting I first purchased from Mightymouse (black one) has fitting at a different angle, again opon install I will determine which fitting has better clearance. I also noticed that fitting opening size into engine is tremendous compared to Elite fitting (silver). Does that make a difference to volume of oil/air mist allowed to pass to catch can?
Will update as soon as I get kit installed.

Attachments

• PXL_20240228_191926397.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240228_191926397.MP.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20240228_192500381.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240228_192500381.MP.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20240228_192507497.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240228_192507497.MP.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 25
Elite Engineering E2-X PCV Oil... Amazon.com

This is the kit I just received. It's seems the quick connect fitting isn't necessary anymore. They supply a t-fitting to just splice into the line. Opon install I will determine which version I will use. Those quick connect fittings are available at NAPA.
The replacement PVC fitting I first purchased from Mightymouse (black one) has fitting at a different angle, again opon install I will determine which fitting has better clearance. I also noticed that fitting opening size into engine is tremendous compared to Elite fitting (silver). Does that make a difference to volume of oil/air mist allowed to pass to catch can?
Will update as soon as I get kit installed.
Nice looking kit but damn that’s a lot of money for a cc. Are these for the 5bw and 4?

Nice looking kit but damn that’s a lot of money for a cc. Are these for the 5bw and 4?
This kit is really listed for C7 Z06 so for LT4 . Overall for a dual chamber can and PVC replacement valve it's not at upper price range.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back