Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon seats questions

dataguy

Hi there, new to the community and seriously considering putting down an order for a BW. It'll be a family/weekend car (two young children in the back) but I also plan to track it from time to time, and my biggest question on the config is the carbon seats. Any insight on the following is appreciated!

1. Will my wife hate the carbon seats? Can she easily get in and out in the lowest bolstering setting? How much less comfortable are they vs the base seats? Is the massage function comparable? Are they good for 3-4 hour roadtrips?

2. Will my kids destroy the back of the seats? I expect some kicking to take place (naturally), plus some more abuse. I have read mixed reviews for other cars - some people say they are sensitive and hard to repair, others that they are very robust. If it's an issue, is there a suggested way to protect them?

3. Are the base seats good for track use (at high bolstering settings)? Or will I have to hang on to the wheel to stay in place?

For context I am 5'9 my wife is 5'7.

Thanks all!

Carbon backed is only available on the 5BW. If you're talking about a 2023, you can get the semi aniline seats with or without carbon. Non carbon seats have the suede backs. I'd say the first upgrade seat and the top tier are about the same in terms of comfort, which is subjective. My wife actually surprised me and finds the upgrade seats to be comfy.

As far as children, I think it's a Catch 22. Carbon would be easy to clean. They might scuff it, but I can't imagine they could break it or crack it. The suede will be a PITA to clean up a spill or worse.

I'd go with what you like or can afford, but I think either way, I'd cover them with something to protect them.

Hope that helps.

Carbon backed is only available on the 5BW. If you're talking about a 2023, you can get the semi aniline seats with or without carbon. Non carbon seats have the suede backs. I'd say the first upgrade seat and the top tier are about the same in terms of comfort, which is subjective. My wife actually surprised me and finds the upgrade seats to be comfy.

As far as children, I think it's a Catch 22. Carbon would be easy to clean. They might scuff it, but I can't imagine they could break it or crack it. The suede will be a PITA to clean up a spill or worse.

I'd go with what you like or can afford, but I think either way, I'd cover them with something to protect them.

Hope that helps.
I got the back seat organizer with the mid grade seats on my 5... mainly so my son has somewhere to put his feet without me killing him.

I got the back seat organizer with the mid grade seats on my 5... mainly so my son has somewhere to put his feet without me killing him.
Great suggestion, I was wondering if the back seat organizer fits well the carbon seats. Sounds like it does - thank you!

Hope that helps.
Suede in the back seats sounds like the worst of both worlds (except for the cost of course which is much more reasonable than carbon's). But I think I'd do either base or carbon. The back seat organizer sounds like a good solution if it fits them well.

Suede in the back seats sounds like the worst of both worlds (except for the cost of course which is much more reasonable than carbon's). But I think I'd do either base or carbon. The back seat organizer sounds like a good solution if it fits them well.
For my SS I went basic like jumpmanjay... but for my bw I went with the Cadillac version of the build-your-car website

1. Carbon seats are great IMO. I'm a bigger guy @ 6'6 and they're very comfortable (suede should be equally as good) even on long road trips. I just drove 8 hours to Road America to track for 2 days then drove home with 0 complaints. My wife loves the seats especially compared to the Recaros in my Camaro that wouldn't recline and didn't have a heating function lol. The massage function is good, not great but I'm glad I have it.

2. I too bought my car as a "family car" (still not sure how I convinced the wife on that one) and just had my first child. I plan to PPF the seat backs and any interior carbon once I start driving the car more (work from home limits its use right now) or my son starts to reach the seats with his feet. Suede backs sound terrible in terms of reliability with kids IMO.

1. Carbon seats are great IMO. I'm a bigger guy @ 6'6 and they're very comfortable (suede should be equally as good) even on long road trips. I just drove 8 hours to Road America to track for 2 days then drove home with 0 complaints. My wife loves the seats especially compared to the Recaros in my Camaro that wouldn't recline and didn't have a heating function lol. The massage function is good, not great but I'm glad I have it.

2. I too bought my car as a "family car" (still not sure how I convinced the wife on that one) and just had my first child. I plan to PPF the seat backs and any interior carbon once I start driving the car more (work from home limits its use right now) or my son starts to reach the seats with his feet. Suede backs sound terrible in terms of reliability with kids IMO.
Sounds promising, thanks! Smart move to first 'train' your spouse on fixed Recaros... Makes everything else feel like a living room sofa 😂

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back