Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Car arrived with damage...

I'm pretty sure a dealer could repair that without showing up on carfax. I have paid to have several of my corvettes repaired outside of insurance and nothing showed up. Its a beautiful car, yes it has dent but not major repair. Guess you have a decision to make, what does dealer say ? Ask them about carfax if they did repair it. just my opinion.

I'm pretty sure a dealer could repair that without showing up on carfax. I have paid to have several of my corvettes repaired outside of insurance and nothing showed up. Its a beautiful car, yes it has dent but not major repair. Guess you have a decision to make, what does dealer say ? Ask them about carfax if they did repair it. just my opinion.
Dealer said it would not show on Carfax and they indicated it would be a minimal repair. Minimal is pretty subjective though...time to start drinking...

Carfax or not, the repair can be detected. Value is diminished and you should be compensated for that diminished value. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have I mentioned that these were supposed to be delivered by covered carrier which would all but eliminate these cases of shipping damage?

Dealer said it would not show on Carfax and they indicated it would be a minimal repair. Minimal is pretty subjective though...time to start drinking...
Have them sell it to you for invoice or back of invoice, ,maybe employee price that will save you about 6k

I think it depends, are you going to keep it long-term or will you sell it in 4-5 years? If I was keeping it long-term I would probably wait for another car. Besides, what’s another 6 months in the big scheme of things?

I don’t know, I’d want my new car to be brand new with no flaws. Whether I’m spending 30k or 100k. Sorry you have to deal with this.

I would tend to think this is more than just a minor repair, as it looks like it is on a crease. Do not know how this is done, but would probably want a new car. Just my 2cents. Sorry you are dealing with this ... very disappointing.

I assume these cars aren't like Corvettes where the body panels are painted off the car in batches? I wonder if you could get two new quarter panels painted at the factory if they would match.

Sorry mate, that sucks to hear. I wonder if they could work out some sort of deal with you where you drive it until a replacement arrives? I'm guessing there's no way they would make that cost the same as just having 1, but maybe they can make it close enough it's easy to stomach? Long shot, but can't hurt to ask.

Thanks for all the input!! It is sad to say, but I think I am going to walk away from this one and order another. It will not be number, but that was not a major selling point on the car anyway. The additional wait time will go by fast enough and hopefully I can get some kind of consolation from the dealer. Should start having that conversation with them this evening. I will reply back once the final resolution is worked out...

I didn’t want to tell you what to do but I would do the same. Maybe they can make your next order high priority somehow (yeah, right!)

I'm curious as to what will happen to it if you do in fact refuse it. Will the dealer keep it, repair it and sell it as new? Do they have to disclose the previous damage to any potential buyers?

I've been there done that in refusing delivery on a GT350R that they didn't want to make right. It's difficult but, sometimes you have to stand on principles.

I'm curious as to what will happen to it if you do in fact refuse it. Will the dealer keep it, repair it and sell it as new? Do they have to disclose the previous damage to any potential buyers?

I've been there done that in refusing delivery on a GT350R that they didn't want to make right. It's difficult but, sometimes you have to stand on principles.
They are currently repairing it and plan to sell as new. They do have to disclose the damage, but it will not show up on any report such as Carfax. They are saying the repair is minimal and will be expedited to be done in a week. All paint work would carry a lifetime warranty for any visible defects of fading, discoloring, or mismatch. We agreed that I would come view the car once repair is complete and at that time I can walk away or purchase. It wasn't the dealerships fault so I am at least willing to do that.

In the meantime I am putting in an order at another dealership for a potential replacement.

Have them sell it to you for invoice or back of invoice, ,maybe employee price that will save you about 6k
Yeah, but then you're asking the dealer to take a hit even though it's not their fault and it was out of their control.

This is why I want to get out of the automotive industry all together. I get that in the past, dealers pulled some really shady shit. Not all, but some. And that stigma has screwed over the dealer's that do conduct an honest business. Then, you have some customers that want to rape the dealer even though the situation was out of their control and not their fault, and the dealer is offering to repair it, which is basically all they can offer as an immediate solution.

Sorry...I'm not attacking you. It's just that I've been dealing with something similar all day long, and I feel like I just played an NFL game.

Before you go asking a dealer (who is the middle man in this situation) to sell you the car at invoice or employee discount...think about what you're really asking them to do and the position you're putting them in....

Now if you don't want the car to be fixed that was damaged you have one of two choices. Back out of the deal and call it day all together, or see if they would be willing to order you another car and wait for that one to come in....as painful as that may be. They can fix your original Blackwing, turn around and sell it and make a profit, and you'll get a new car that hopefully won't suffer another shipping episode like that.

Last edited:
Yeah, but then you're asking the dealer to take a hit even though it's not their fault and it was out of their control.

This is why I want to get out of the automotive industry all together. I get that in the past, dealers pulled some really shady shit. Not all, but some. And that stigma has screwed over the dealer's that do conduct an honest business. Then, you have some customers that want to rape the dealer even though the situation was out of their control and not their fault, and the dealer is offering to repair it, which is basically all they can offer as an immediate solution.

Sorry...I'm not attacking you. It's just that I've been dealing with something similar all day long, and I feel like I just played an NFL game.

Before you go asking a dealer (who is the middle man in this situation) to sell you the car at invoice or employee discount...think about what you're really asking them to do and the position you're putting them in....

Now if you don't want the car to be fixed that was damaged you have one of two choices. Back out of the deal and call it day all together, or see if they would be willing to order you another car and wait for that one to come in....as painful as that may be. They can fix your original Blackwing, turn around and sell it and make a profit, and you'll get a new car that hopefully won't suffer another shipping episode like that.
I totally agree with @Rob while at the same time believe that @JAL_787 should be compensated by corporate for diminished value / pain & suffering. I doubt that the dealer is paying for the repair. They’re going to charge it back to corporate.

I totally agree with @Rob while at the same time believe that @JAL_787 should be compensated by corporate for diminished value / pain & suffering. I doubt that the dealer is paying for the repair. They’re going to charge it back to corporate.
Absolutely, the dealership needs to make corporate aware, and all 3 parties need to be brought together for a mutually agreed upon resolution. But once you go in and start demanding invoice or employee discount, you're backing the dealer up against a wall. And while they may go ahead, bend over and assume the position, you can forget about being able to do business with that dealer ever again. Because they will not forget you.

@Rob and @CT4-V Blackwing both make great points as I have no intention to try and push the dealer for any discount since it is not their fault, but I am hoping they can help me get compensated in some way. First I just want to make sure the car won't have issues down the road from this that will make me regret the purchase and then I will worry about compensation.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back