Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Car arrived with damage...

@Rob and @CT4-V Blackwing both make great points as I have no intention to try and push the dealer for any discount since it is not their fault, but I am hoping they can help me get compensated in some way. First I just want to make sure the car won't have issues down the road from this that will make me regret the purchase and then I will worry about compensation.
I agree. Couple things to ask or think about...if you choose to have the car repaired, does the dealership have an in-house body shop or are they going to farm it out? If they have to farm it out, who's the body shop and what is their reputation?

I agree. Couple things to ask or think about...if you choose to have the car repaired, does the dealership have an in-house body shop or are they going to farm it out? If they have to farm it out, who's the body shop and what is their reputation?
Fortunately they have an in house body shop. They took me over there today to have the shop manager and the painter who was going to work on the car go over everything they are going to do for the repair. It is nice to actually know the names of the people performing the work. A little piece of mind at least...

Fortunately they have an in house body shop. They took me over there today to have the shop manager and the painter who was going to work on the car go over everything they are going to do for the repair. It is nice to actually know the names of the people performing the work. A little piece of mind at least...
Ok, THAT is very cool, and they didn't have to do that.

Yeah, but then you're asking the dealer to take a hit even though it's not their fault and it was out of their control.

This is why I want to get out of the automotive industry all together. I get that in the past, dealers pulled some really shady shit. Not all, but some. And that stigma has screwed over the dealer's that do conduct an honest business. Then, you have some customers that want to rape the dealer even though the situation was out of their control and not their fault, and the dealer is offering to repair it, which is basically all they can offer as an immediate solution.

Sorry...I'm not attacking you. It's just that I've been dealing with something similar all day long, and I feel like I just played an NFL game.

Before you go asking a dealer (who is the middle man in this situation) to sell you the .car at invoice or employee discount...think about what you're really asking them to do and the position you're putting them in....

Now if you don't want the car to be fixed that was damaged you have one of two choices. Back out of the deal and call it day all together, or see if they would be willing to order you another car and wait for that one to come in....as painful as that may be. They can fix your original Blackwing, turn around and sell it and make a profit, and you'll get a new car that hopefully won't suffer another shipping episode like that.
Even if the dealer sells the car at invoice there’s 3% holdback , doc fees and a repeat customer at the end of the day , there’s money to be had from the manufacturer in a case like this and from the transporter’s insurance.

Even if the dealer sells the car at invoice there’s 3% holdback , doc fees and a repeat customer at the end of the day , there’s money to be had from the manufacturer in a case like this and from the transporter’s insurance.
This car didn’t even come out of their allocation, so how are they going to take a hit anyway.

This car didn’t even come out of their allocation, so how are they going to take a hit anyway.
Quite simple.... MSRP vs Invoice. Now tell me what the difference is between the two, especially as they relate to a limited production automobile in high demand....

Quite simple.... MSRP vs Invoice. Now tell me what the difference is between the two, especially as they relate to a limited production automobile in high demand....
And go ahead and tack on the repair costs that they're expected to pay for too

MSRP on my car is $105030 , invoice is $100535.16 , if you back the advertising out it is $99026.65 , employee price is $94425 , supplier price is $98346 , it doesn’t make any difference if it is a high demand car, some dealers will add all kinds of fees , at the end of the day it’s all about customer service and satisfaction , you can shear a sheep repeatedly but you can only skin one once. Do you want a repeat customer or a 1 time customer ?

MSRP on my car is $105030 , invoice is $100535.16 , if you back the advertising out it is $99026.65 , employee price is $94425 , supplier price is $98346 , it doesn’t make any difference if it is a high demand car, some dealers will add all kinds of fees , at the end of the day it’s all about customer service and satisfaction , you can shear a sheep repeatedly but you can only skin one once. Do you want a repeat customer or a 1 time customer ?
What did your dealer pay to buy your car from Cadillac?

The incident certainly is unfortunate and i get the first reaction but in reality the car will be repaired and no one including you will be able to tell. Get the lifetime warranty in writing and you should be set. I personally would be upset too but i would not walk away from the car or the deal as it was. Who even knows how many they'll build with the way things are anymore. Get behind the wheel and forget it ever happened. Just saying

What did your dealer pay to buy your car from Cadillac?
I have been doing business with my dealer for 25 years , not only buying but having service work done and referring customers .

They are currently repairing it and plan to sell as new. They do have to disclose the damage, but it will not show up on any report such as Carfax. They are saying the repair is minimal and will be expedited to be done in a week. All paint work would carry a lifetime warranty for any visible defects of fading, discoloring, or mismatch. We agreed that I would come view the car once repair is complete and at that time I can walk away or purchase. It wasn't the dealerships fault so I am at least willing to do that.

In the meantime I am putting in an order at another dealership for a potential replacement.
So sorry to see this happen to you and a special car, gut wrenching man but so happy for you on how the dealer is approaching it and giving you a choice. Look forward to what happens!

Last edited:
Yeah, but then you're asking the dealer to take a hit even though it's not their fault and it was out of their control.

This is why I want to get out of the automotive industry all together. I get that in the past, dealers pulled some really shady shit. Not all, but some. And that stigma has screwed over the dealer's that do conduct an honest business. Then, you have some customers that want to rape the dealer even though the situation was out of their control and not their fault, and the dealer is offering to repair it, which is basically all they can offer as an immediate solution.

Sorry...I'm not attacking you. It's just that I've been dealing with something similar all day long, and I feel like I just played an NFL game.

Before you go asking a dealer (who is the middle man in this situation) to sell you the car at invoice or employee discount...think about what you're really asking them to do and the position you're putting them in....

Now if you don't want the car to be fixed that was damaged you have one of two choices. Back out of the deal and call it day all together, or see if they would be willing to order you another car and wait for that one to come in....as painful as that may be. They can fix your original Blackwing, turn around and sell it and make a profit, and you'll get a new car that hopefully won't suffer another shipping episode like that.
I couldn’t have said it better! Everyone wants a good deal, but a good deal is a win win for both, not one sided.. most dealers sell by market based pricing now which means we have done all the research to support the pricing. It doesn’t matter if we lose money or make a ton.
I suggest just finding a dealer that you like and can trust to take care of you for sales and service. In return they deserve to make a fair profit. Just my 2 cents

Wouldn’t the transport company’s insurance cover the dealer’s cost? I can’t imagine carrying half a million dollars worth of vehicles without insurance.

Why not force them to sell it at employee price or something like that? I thought the dealer got a full kickback from the Manufacturer whenever employee/supplier discounts are used?

In the other thread on the orange one it sounds like GM is shipping an already painted door to replace it. I wonder if they can just ship the quarter panels for your car.

In the other thread on the orange one it sounds like GM is shipping an already painted door to replace it. I wonder if they can just ship the quarter panels for your car.
It's the roof that is damaged on this car , the best to fix it is with body filler , prime and paint , unless you want the interior to be taken out of the car , the only thing is you will always be looking for the damaged area because you already know it's there and its at eye level , it all boils down to how o c d you are about your cars . If you can handle a little scratch or ding keep the car , if you can't move on .

It's the roof that is damaged on this car , the best to fix it is with body filler , prime and paint , unless you want the interior to be taken out of the car , the only thing is you will always be looking for the damaged area because you already know it's there and its at eye level , it all boils down to how o c d you are about your cars . If you can handle a little scratch or ding keep the car , if you can't move on .
Sorry I missed that it was the roof. If it were me I'd have them fix it and take the car but everyone's OCD is different.

Well I am pretty OCD so I have decided to re-order the car and walk away from this one. It won't be numbered, but that is not a huge deal to me. On the plus side after seeing the interior in person I plan to upgrade to the one with the quilted seat inserts instead of the suede. The seats with the suede inserts were pretty plain. Also added a few other items seeing as I have plenty of time to save up a little more money...and now it is time to start back at 1100 status:(

Well I am pretty OCD so I have decided to re-order the car and walk away from this one. It won't be numbered, but that is not a huge deal to me. On the plus side after seeing the interior in person I plan to upgrade to the one with the quilted seat inserts instead of the suede. The seats with the suede inserts were pretty plain. Also added a few other items seeing as I have plenty of time to save up a little more money...and now it is time to start back at 1100 status:(
You'd think cadillac could carve you out an allocation.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back