Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Caliper Color Change...

1BadTundra

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 BlackWing
Hey Guys, I bought a car that was ordered by someone that bailed out last minute. The order had Black paint, Bronze calipers on the bronze wheels. I've been thinking about having them redone in "Acid Green". At the risk of ruining the authenticity of the car, and possibly adding a bit of "rice" factor, any thoughts on this?

Attachments

• Acid Green Calipers.png
    Acid Green Calipers.png
    161.4 KB · Views: 53
I had a black STI with bronze Titan 7 wheels. It looked great on that car. To me, the Blackwing makes a different statement than the STI. (Edit: after looking at these pictures for a second, I think this combo would look great on the Blackwing too.) But that is subjective and all comes down to you, and how you think of your car. Eye of the beholder, after all.

Full disclosure.. I also have a 4VB in black with bronze on bronze, and I love it.

Attachments

• F2D31F58-6BD9-44E9-A3B5-8A888CB9D94C.jpeg
    F2D31F58-6BD9-44E9-A3B5-8A888CB9D94C.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 106
  • 3623B579-3F4F-4F42-9E45-9C5162832199.jpeg
    3623B579-3F4F-4F42-9E45-9C5162832199.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
It's your car, whatever floats your boat.

Its a tough call. My first pic was the Cadillac Blue calipers. But I didnt get the choice. Bronze is cool, and I told myself I didnt want to fall into that modded rabbit hole again... So I'm trying not to do this, but the temptation is pretty great.

I struggled with blue vs bronze when I ordered. I think the blue would look great. As long as you use the factory paint color it’s not really modifying the car. God forgives OEM mods, and wants you to be happy, so no guilt there. A good shop should be able to add the logo as well.

(BTW.. Blue is the color of calipers on BMW M series; that landed in the “con” column for me.)

I think it would look pretty cool but again your call. Def have to get the font right and a shop that will handle the logos properly.

I'd say it depends on what other mods you plan to do with it, as it might look out of place with just acid green calipers.

I suspect you're planning to keep this car long term, if not I'd probably leave it as most people buying these cars 2nd hand won't be interested in that. Just my two cents

I think it would look pretty cool but again your call. Def have to get the font right and a shop that will handle the logos properly.

I'd say it depends on what other mods you plan to do with it, as it might look out of place with just acid green calipers.

I suspect you're planning to keep this car long term, if not I'd probably leave it as most people buying these cars 2nd hand won't be interested in that. Just my two cents
I thought about this... it's is my other issue. I say I'm keeping all these cars long term, then 6 moths later, I'm hunting for something new. May just have to stay how it is for now.

ha, have the same color as a couple of the boys here on my STi as well... obviously it will pop and stand out, i just think its on the wrong platform, my .02, but if you do do it, make sure to add pics here to throw it in my face, would love to see how it actually looks. (i have the bronze calipers myself)

As soon as the weather breaks out here, I may go for it. Not sure if I'll do the Acid Green or a Royal Blue to match the OE option.

As soon as the weather breaks out here, I may go for it. Not sure if I'll do the Acid Green or a Royal Blue to match the OE option.
You can always paint it back to an og color. Just don't go overboard and paint a mural of your favorite band😉
1677446072580.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners