Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

News: Cadillac shows plenty of promise. Will it deliver?

General News Post

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Cadillac shows plenty of promise. Will it deliver?

JEREMY CATO
Special to The Globe & Mail
Published Tuesday, Jul. 17 2012, 5:43 PM EDT
Last updated Tuesday, Jul. 17 2012, 5:48 PM EDT

The 2013 Cadillac CTS-V coupe is a 555-horsepower, intercooled and supercharged beast of a performance car and it hints at all the promise in the world for General Motors’ 110-year-old premium brand. The thing is, though, Cadillac has been largely about promise, unrealized promise, for more than a decade.

So here in the summer of 2012, Cadillac needs to start delivering in a big and sustained way – delivering on the promise, or should I say promises. Even now, I take with a large grain of salt these widespread reports about GM CEO Dan Akerson’s declared goal of quadrupling annual Cadillac sales in China to more than 150,000 units by 2018. When GM’s North American president, Mark Reuss, tells trade journal Automotive News that the upcoming ATS sports sedan will “win” against the BMW 3-Series, I suppress a yawn and recall the first-generation Cadillac CTS was also supposed to win against the 3, using a “bigger-and-better-for-the-same-money” formula that never fulfilled its promise.

Full Story: Cadillac shows plenty of promise. Will it deliver? - The Globe and Mail

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back