Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cadillac is Too Scared to Play with M & AMG

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
This article is not devoid of truth. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This article is not devoid of truth. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't understand this article. Cadillac claims the CT5-V BW is the M3 competitor but the author feels it should be the CT4-V, even though he/she offers no evidence why that is the CT5 isn't the right match up. I've owned an F80 M3 and that is the size car I want. I don't want something the size of an M5 or an M2, if I did I'd look at a CT6 or CT4.

I don't understand this article. Cadillac claims the CT5-V BW is the M3 competitor but the author feels it should be the CT4-V, even though he/she offers no evidence why that is the CT5 isn't the right match up. I've owned an F80 M3 and that is the size car I want. I don't want something the size of an M5 or an M2, if I did I'd look at a CT6 or CT4.
Well, the CT5-V Blackwing doesn’t match up with the M3 / 4 in either HP / Torque nor price while the CT4-V Blackwing does.

Last edited:
I'm purchasing a ct4-v blackwing primarily because I want a 4 door RWD sedan with a stick and at least 6 cylinders under the hood. That said, I loved the size of my e46 series bimmer, which according to the article was the original benchmark for the ATS-V, so this works out perfectly for me. It's true that the 3 series has grown substantially since then, and it's also true that many see the current 2 series coupe as the true successor to the e46 3 series.

There's really no point to my rambling, except to say people should stop worrying about perception and more about the overall package and whether or not it fits the bill for them.

Reactions: Rob
Initially, with the rumors that Cadillac was lowering their targets in regard to the CT4-V & CT5-V Blackwings from those of the ATS-V & CTS-V, I was hoping to be able to pick up a CT5-V Blackwing. Then, pricing was released. I then lowered my target. Before being convinced that this was the car for me, I had to go and actually sit in a CT4 because I was so concerned about the interior space. Much to my surprise, it was roomier than my current Infiniti G37S Sedan. I then chose it over the M3 / 4.

I honestly believe that the CT5-V BW could hold its own against an M5 but it is closer in overall dimensions and price to the M3 so why not target that car? And god knows its much better looking than that horrendous thing BMW is calling the M3 now. The older M3 (F80 I believe) is a much better looking car. Good luck BMW! Im guessing the sales may decrease on M3/M4's

I’m going to have to disagree with you my friend. You don’t target a mark with a higher priced car. CT4-V Blackwing = $60k, M3 = $69k, M3 Competition = $73k and CT5-V Blackwing = $85. Now, where Cadillac has beat them at their own game is in the length and expense of the options.

Well, the CT5-V Blackwing doesn’t match up with the M3 / 4 in either HP / Torque nor price while the CT4-V Blackwing does.
Except engines generally don't define vehicle vehicle classes/comparisons- overall size and function does. Whether a combination of 'shadow' and weight like Europe, or strictly interior volume per the EPA; this is how vehicle classes are built. Commercially, I suppose price point factors in as well, but that cut comes after class. Power and performance really don't, except within the segment. From a pure class standpoint, the M5 and CT5 are both mid-sized RWD sedans; while the M3 and CT4 are RWD compacts. And none even come close to the size of my SS!

Bottom line though, Caddy gets to decide who they want to compare themselves to, right? Others are free to make their own comparisons- and some make more sense than others. I'll admit comparing themselves to a FWD mini Benz, is... confusing.

As far as I know, only one sedan is currently being offered in the US with the proper 3/6/8 configuration. (3 pedals, 6 gears, 8 cylinders) So, that's a segment of one. Lop off 2 pots, and you've got the M3 and CT4. Unless I'm missing something, that's the end of the list, right? Nothing else with a manual sits in the mid-sized class with any engine, and the couple of compacts are some variant of a 4-banger, with the bulk being subcompacts.

I lost interest in the M5 when the M5 stopped being awesome in favor of flappy paddles. If only Alfa had imported the real Giulia...

I'm purchasing a ct4-v blackwing primarily because I want a 4 door RWD sedan with a stick and at least 6 cylinders under the hood. That said, I loved the size of my e46 series bimmer, which according to the article was the original benchmark for the ATS-V, so this works out perfectly for me. It's true that the 3 series has grown substantially since then, and it's also true that many see the current 2 series coupe as the true successor to the e46 3 series.

There's really no point to my rambling, except to say people should stop worrying about perception and more about the overall package and whether or not it fits the bill for them.
I had an E46 330xi and loved it. What a fun, well-balanced car. I had a 2008 335xi...while the power was better over the E46, BMW really started to lose the DNA of the E46. It wasn't as fun to drive as the E46 as the suspension was just too soft.

My daily driver is a 2015 M235 which I absolutely love. Plenty of power and really good handling. The 2-series finally brought back all the goodness that was in the E46 generation.

I see an M2 CS in my future - if I don't fall upon a V-series first! :thumb

I honestly believe that the CT5-V BW could hold its own against an M5 but it is closer in overall dimensions and price to the M3 so why not target that car? And god knows its much better looking than that horrendous thing BMW is calling the M3 now. The older M3 (F80 I believe) is a much better looking car. Good luck BMW! Im guessing the sales may decrease on M3/M4's
I have to agree. The new 2022 M3 and M4 with that giant grille is just....hideous. I love everything else about the platform, but that nose...

not funny no GIF

I had an E46 330xi and loved it. What a fun, well-balanced car. I had a 2008 335xi...while the power was better over the E46, BMW really started to lose the DNA of the E46. It wasn't as fun to drive as the E46 as the suspension was just too soft.

My daily driver is a 2015 M235 which I absolutely love. Plenty of power and really good handling. The 2-series finally brought back all the goodness that was in the E46 generation.

An M2 Gran Coupe would have been nice.

An M2 Gran Coupe would have been nice.
Yeah, some people really love the Gran Coupe design. I was never able to warm up to it. I actually passed one sitting by the street on a dealer lot when I left work tonight, and was like "ugh" lol

I completely agree with the 2 series...I had an E92 335i N54 that I loved driving...hated that everything BMw bolted to that bullet proof engine seemed to fail though. My nephew just bought his dream car a manual white 1M no nav manual. I still think he should have opted for an M2 for the price he had to pay. It has been his dream car for a long time though and I'm proud of him for finally finding one that was exactly what he wanted.

The M2 CS looks to be the perfect combo of just the right size and power. Amazing little car BMW built there.

Reactions: Rob

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners