Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

News: Cadillac’s new twin-turbo system looks to kick turbo lag to the curb

General News Post

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Cadillac’s new twin-turbo system looks to kick turbo lag to the curb

New Vsport models feature twin-turbocharged V-6 engine producing 420-horsepower, 430 lb.-ft. of torque

BY Dan Ilika ON July 26, 2013
Canadian Manufacturing

2014CadillacCTSVsport.jpg

DETROIT—Anyone who has ever driven a boosted car knows that not all forced induction systems are created equal.

While superchargers are known for giving a stern shot of instant power to the drive wheels, they also have a reputation for pounding the pumps as much as the pavement.

The traditional turbocharger puts power and efficiency in the same package, but the lethargic lag of the average system can make the waiting game enough to make you feel like you’re driving a grocery getter.

That’s all about to change, if Cadillac has its way.

Added to the already boisterous Vsport line of luxury sedans, the Detroit automaker is launching its first-ever twin-turbo system to the 2014 CTS and XTS Vsport models, delivering boosted performance with little delivery time.

Full Story: Cadillac looks to kick turbo lag to the curb with twin-turbo | Canadian Manufacturing

That would be nice.

Can't wait to drive one - once they get to the dealers and they let me take one out.

I can relate as I owned a Grand National many years ago and turbo lag could be measured with a sand timer if the engine was anywhere below 2000 RPM. The GN had a single turbo on a 3.8 L engine with the intercooler out in front of the engine.

The Caddy set up with twin turbos and the intercooler on top of the engine ought to help.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back