Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Brake Vibration

Cadillac CT4-V model

zonearc0

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V
Hit the brakes and I get a lot of vibration. 5k miles on CT4-V. Visually and by touch the rotors look good, no grooves etc.
I'm thinking I have bad pads.
Unique or known issue? I'll probably schedule an Appointment with the dealer soon.

Had any of the wheels off for any reason? In the old days it use to be pretty easy to warp a rotor if the lugs weren’t torqued evenly. Not so sure if it’s as touchy with more modern designs.

Hit the brakes and I get a lot of vibration. 5k miles on CT4-V. Visually and by touch the rotors look good, no grooves etc.
I'm thinking I have bad pads.
Unique or known issue? I'll probably schedule an Appointment with the dealer soon.

I’m having the same problem. Not quite 4K miles on my 4VBW. Lots of front vibration under braking, getting worse. Took it to the dealer and they couldn’t find anything except a wheel slightly out of balance. Rotors spun out perfectly. Brought it home and it’s still vibrating under braking (obviously wasn’t wheel balance - just an easy out for the tech assigned to my car). My first thought was rotors but they’re incredibly beefy and I’ve not tracked this car at all. No threshold braking, not even really hard braking. I feel it in the steering wheel so it’s gotta be up front. I’m actually kinda impressed that it feeds back through the brake pedal, considering the brake-by-wire setup. What did your shop find??

They replaced all 4 rotors and caliper's. Then it came back. Turns out the wheels were the culprit. Not milled roght so they threw it off balance and so the pads and calipers wore the rotors uneven.
So then they replaced the wheels. 4000 more miles and no issues after the wheel swap.

I had the machine face. I used the opportunity to snag a set of Tech Bronze now.

All four rotors replaced. Same calipers, pads, and wheels. Vibration gone. Odometer noted. Fingers crossed.

Yes. But they didn’t credit me the $200 for the first visit when they misdiagnosed the problem as a wheel balance issue. Not a big deal but it would’ve been a nice gesture since I was pretty adamant going in that it was not a balance issue because the car felt like it was on glass when driving (not under braking). Plus, it got worse as the rotors heated up, after driving a few miles, which is pretty diagnostic. They must’ve rebalanced a tire and just driven it around the block. Took it back the next day.

Yes. But they didn’t credit me the $200 for the first visit when they misdiagnosed the problem as a wheel balance issue. Not a big deal but it would’ve been a nice gesture since I was pretty adamant going in that it was not a balance issue because the car felt like it was on glass when driving (not under braking). Plus, it got worse as the rotors heated up, after driving a few miles, which is pretty diagnostic. They must’ve rebalanced a tire and just driven it around the block. Took it back the next day.
I ask because yesterday I went to a dealer for this SAME problem and before they even took the car back for a tech to look at it, the service advisor said it “probably wasn’t going to be warranty…” I didn’t even leave the car…It kind of burned me up because I don’t drive fast and the car hasn’t been tracked but he said “it’s a performance car…” so I guess I’m guilty by association?! I have a performance car so I must drive at 9/10ths everywhere I go? I don’t even have 5,000 miles yet. I think I’ll find another dealer…

Mine was covered 100%. Use the Courtesy Pickup service so the tech comes and picks it up at your house. It helps when they experience the issue on their drive back and explain it to the service manager. From there, be firm with your service advisor about the issue. Should a vehicle with 5000mi shake violently on the road? If they push, escalate to GM. They'll back down.

Mine was covered 100%. Use the Courtesy Pickup service so the tech comes and picks it up at your house. It helps when they experience the issue on their drive back and explain it to the service manager. From there, be firm with your service advisor about the issue. Should a vehicle with 5000mi shake violently on the road? If they push, escalate to GM. They'll back down.
Dead nuts on, Zonearc. Those front rotors are pricey. I have a race trailer that’s over 7000lbs loaded and the front rotors on my pickup last way longer than 5k miles, and it’s primarily at tow-vehicle. This is a factory problem.

Dead nuts on, Zonearc. Those front rotors are pricey. I have a race trailer that’s over 7000lbs loaded and the front rotors on my pickup last way longer than 5k miles, and it’s primarily at tow-vehicle. This is a factory problem.
The car is brilliant but if servicing/warranty is going to be an issue moving forward I have NO problems getting out of it and into something else. Thank you so much for the info…We’ll see…

Just to update this - I found another dealer and they fixed the vibration problem under warranty. I'm thinking I will probably never go back to the other (and much closer) dealer for service ever again.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back