Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwings and Watches

Can't recall if I posted this piece by Airain. Exceptional watch, very well put together, and a very reasonable asking price.

20230708_122219 - Copy.jpg
20230708_122426 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I was watching a show about high end watches. The speaker actually stated that if you don't wear an automatic watch enough......you should NOT keep it in a winder. Its like keeping your engine running while your car is parked and you are asleep. It only causes additional wear and tear and will require expensive servicing more often.
I guess it made some sense.
My watchmaker doesn't agree. He says it is like keeping a diesel running while it is parked, which is normal.

What time does it read?

The hours definitely do wander.

What time does it read?

The hours definitely do wander.
4:02 in that shot. The complication is referred to as "wandering hours". The entire cage rotates clockwise. When the numeral 4 gets to the last minute mark or "60", the numeral 5 will be in position at 00 and start displaying the next hour of time.

I see the upper left set on 4. The upper right is on 3 and the bottom circle is on 4 again. But I don't see how that gets me 4:02. So I am definitely not reading it correctly.

I see the upper left set on 4. The upper right is on 3 and the bottom circle is on 4 again. But I don't see how that gets me 4:02. So I am definitely not reading it correctly.
The 4 is going to follow the arc from 0 to 60 minutes on the top. In the pic, it is sitting on the second hash (minute 02). Then the 5 will rotate up and start doing the same thing.

That is a really interesting watch! I like it!

The 4 is going to follow the arc from 0 to 60 minutes on the top. In the pic, it is sitting on the second hash (minute 02). Then the 5 will rotate up and start doing the same thing.

That is a really interesting watch! I like it!
Exactly, Sir. The time is read only across the top 120 degree minute track.

There are two 60 second marks. One 120 degrees and one 360 degree. Which reads seconds and what does the other do? What do the 3 circles in the center do, if they don't tell time?

Edit: Ok, I get it. So as they rotate they will give you the start of the hour and you read the minutes from the 120 degree sweep and the seconds from the 360 deg sweep! That is why the 'hours wander.'

I like an old school watch with the kindergartens "big hand , little hand". Digital is ok too. I'm not a fan of a watch that I have to do algebra to figure out what time it is. That's just me.

I like an old school watch with the kindergartens "big hand , little hand". Digital is ok too. I'm not a fan of a watch that I have to do algebra to figure out what time it is. That's just me.
If I were to pay that much for a watch, it better entertain, start a conversation and not just tell time. :D

Reactions: CBH

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners