Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Maintenance Regimen

I gotta know what makes this filter a knock off? My filter looks identical to it. What makes you think its a knock off??
Not my photo. But similar to what I received. On the left is a store bought filter. On the right is what was sent by Amazon.
IMG_0896.jpeg

Not my photo. But similar to what I received. On the left is a store bought filter. On the right is what was sent by Amazon.View attachment 24703
I just checked the filters I have in the garage. I have a PF64 from Amazon and a PF63 for a Yukon XL and both have the same look as the PF64 on the right hand side. My guess is the design changed. You have two different part numbers there as well so that only helps to support the hypothesis that ACDelco updated the end cap design.

Yeah those two filters are real GM filters just the one on the right is updated. When I did my oil change I removed the factory filter and it looked just like the one on the right

I am going with the upgraded UPF63R oil filter that TAPOUT recommends. For oil, I've always been a Mobil guy, but have heard good things about Liquimoli. This meets Dexos 1 gen 3 and is fancy. what do y'all think?

1710336038910.png

Yeah those two filters are real GM filters just the one on the right is updated. When I did my oil change I removed the factory filter and it looked just like the one on the right
LS6-M22 is correct and recently another new part # will surface when typing either of the two others - 25206377
Many things lead to changes thus new parts #’s, such as different supplier, product changes, global packaging, etc.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back