Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

Wave was my second choice, but I am really glad I ended up with it. It's so subtle, but not just another gray scale car. Lot's of compliments on the color.View attachment 12289
Beautiful!! Same color combo I've ordered!! Looks like it was the right choice (since I couldn't place for Noir..)..

I have about 13K miles on mine and it has been a killer ride the whole way. Honestly, the car is amazing. That is my official review.
@burn813 my reference question was to this: Ugh. Stupid Buick go Boom make Kyle sad. Was that all taken care of?

i am cyclical when it comes to posting tbh
200.gif

My lucky day! Got the phone call!

Per usual, all carbon fiber still on constraint so I won't be getting my tan interior sadly but at least I have a car coming!

My lucky day! Got the phone call!

Per usual, all carbon fiber still on constraint so I won't be getting my tan interior sadly but at least I have a car coming!
What's the connection between CF and tan interior? The seatbacks?
Bummer you couldn't get it sans cf seatbacks.

What's the connection between CF and tan interior? The seatbacks?
Bummer you couldn't get it sans cf seatbacks.
Yes, unfortunately the natural interior is only available with the CF seatbacks, so no CF seats means no natural interior which sucks.

I placed my order in January 2022. Two months ago, my dealership called to inform me that they had an allocation and could place an order, but.....there was still a chip shortage and I could not place the order with options that included the parking package, supercruise, digital review mirror, etc.

The dealership has been radio silent since then. Has anybody been able to successfully place an order for a CT5 Blackwing with these options? Is there any update from more knowledgeable forum members about this? Thanks.

I placed my order in January 2022. Two months ago, my dealership called to inform me that they had an allocation and could place an order, but.....there was still a chip shortage and I could not place the order with options that included the parking package, supercruise, digital review mirror, etc.

The dealership has been radio silent since then. Has anybody been able to successfully place an order for a CT5 Blackwing with these options? Is there any update from more knowledgeable forum members about this? Thanks.
The same week that your dealer got a CT5VBW allocation with those items on constraint, there could have been another dealer that was able to order those items. GM has a set number of options they allocate every week, and it changes every week (except for carbon fiber...that's never gonna change). So, what was available to others really doesn't tell the whole story.

Your dealer should be able to at least share with you the ordering constraints that they had when placing your order. My dealer sent me a screen shot of what they could order What is your order status? If it's at 3000 or higher, highly unlikely anything can be changed.

The same week that your dealer got a CT5VBW allocation with those items on constraint, there could have been another dealer that was able to order those items. GM has a set number of options they allocate every week, and it changes every week (except for carbon fiber...that's never gonna change). So, what was available to others really doesn't tell the whole story.

Your dealer should be able to at least share with you the ordering constraints that they had when placing your order. My dealer sent me a screen shot of what they could order What is your order status? If it's at 3000 or higher, highly unlikely anything can be changed.
Things can be changed, it just resets your order status to 2000.

"However, the 2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing is not affected by this latest blower motor constraint."

Still seems like BWs get affected though as they get stuck in the middle of a sea of cars that are waiting for parts. Isn't Recaro the seat supplier for the uplevel seats? The blower motors are like $50 bucks each, so like $100 a seat for the set. GM is only offering $25 compensation for cars being shipped without them...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back