Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

powwaah

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V BW (ordered) / 2017 ATS-V (lease returned)
Since constraints seem to be the hot topic as of late, I figured it'd be easier to track in one place, versus having to read through multiple threads across the site to get the same info. I'll try to update this post weekly on Thursdays when the information is available.

**See latest replies for most recent info.**

Last edited:
This is fantastic, especially since some dealers don't seem to have a clue.

Just to understand...if it says 0% that means there are zero parts available? If it says 5%, there's only 5% of the part available? Maybe we could add deletions to this too. That might be the straw that backs my (goats) back.

This is fantastic, especially since some dealers don't seem to have a clue.

Just to understand...if it says 0% that means there are zero parts available? If it says 5%, there's only 5% of the part available? Maybe we could add deletions to this too. That might be the straw that backs my (goats) back.
The percentage basically represents the portion of all CT4 or CT5 allocations (including non V-series) that are available for ordering that week. So 0% means that 0 allocations were given that week for the entire country, 5% would represent a maximum of 5% of the total allocations for that week, and so on. So if your dealer has 2 CT5 allocations this week, with a 5% constraint, that's 0.1 car, which basically means zero Blackwings. If the same dealer has 20 CT5 allocations, they might get 1 Blackwing. It gets a bit more complex than that, but you get the gist. This info comes from the constraints report which is distributed to dealers as a PDF every Thursday, so any dealer that has any clue about ordering cars should be able to pull up this info for you in about 30 seconds!

@nickrgeorge ....thanks for this explanation. I did talk to my dealer this morning and he explained a few things. It's just frustrating to sit here and not fully understand and have NO idea when, if (and now), how your car might be built.

@nickrgeorge ....thanks for this explanation. I did talk to my dealer this morning and he explained a few things. It's just frustrating to sit here and not fully understand and have NO idea when, if (and now), how your car might be built.
Yep... tell me about it! I'm in the fortunate spot of being on the inside at a dealer group (someone at our Cadillac store sends me updates) AND on the outside as having an order personally, and I can tell you we're all in the same boat as being unsure as to when our cars will be built. Big picture wise, we used to carry 3,000+ new cars across 15 brands, and as of this morning we're down into the 400's. Take an already limited production car (V's in general) and reduce it relative to the rest of the new car inventory, and you end up with next to nothing. On a positive note though, we're hearing more and more from the manufacturers that next year will start to see pipeline improvement, so that's good. With the holidays approaching, the supply chain will be tested more than ever but from January on, hopefully we'll see some more cars built!

Last edited:
Thank you for putting this info out there.

What do these constraints mean with respect to an order that has already been accepted? Last I knew, as of a couple months ago, I was at 3000 status. Just curious if these constraints just go against new order that GM would accept as they attempt to plan their production lines and stage the parts needed.

Thank you for putting this info out there.

What do these constraints mean with respect to an order that has already been accepted? Last I knew, as of a couple months ago, I was at 3000 status. Just curious if these constraints just go against new order that GM would accept as they attempt to plan their production lines and stage the parts needed.
Sure thing. Constraints have no effect on your order once you have an allocation, so if you're past 1100 status, no need to worry about this stuff!

Sure thing. Constraints have no effect on your order once you have an allocation, so if you're past 1100 status, no need to worry about this stuff!
That's excellent news to know! Between you and my dealer, you've pretty much filled in the holes. Now, to get out of 1100 purgatory.

Can constraints cause an 1100 to be cancelled prior to an allocation? My 5 BW order w Carbon 1 package from first week of August was cancelled last week, and neither GM nor my dealer can explain why. They placed another, identical, order which is now again at 1100. I was wondering if having selected Carbon 1 without Carbon 2 could have had anything to do with the cancellation.

Can constraints cause an 1100 to be cancelled prior to an allocation? My 5 BW order w Carbon 1 package from first week of August was cancelled last week, and neither GM nor my dealer can explain why. They placed another, identical, order which is now again at 1100. I was wondering if having selected Carbon 1 without Carbon 2 could have had anything to do with the cancellation.
Nope, the whole point of "1100" is that it stays in that status until an allocation is available. If they were to be cancelled based on constraints, then for the past two weeks, everyone in that status would've been cancelled because both BW models were on 0% constraints.

Last edited:
I removed all CF parts from my build yesterday, let’s see if that helps. I wanted those semi-aniline seats but not a deal breaker.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. Been sitting at 1100 since Feb 23rd. Maybe I'll get a Christmas Miracle!

Updates for today! Some improvements on the horizon, but very few allocations were given this week for mid-December production (single digits). The next two weeks will likely see no allocations given for production in the 3rd and 4th weeks of December (which correspond to the 2 weeks of 0% constraints for 10/28 and 11/04) likely due to the holidays. The good news is the percentage has increased again this week for target production in January, so fingers crossed for the allocations to start flowing again... I'm guessing December 9th?

Last edited:
I guess we're not getting constraints or allocations this week. Checked again and nothing is posted... so my prediction from last week of zero allocations (for production Christmas week) so far is true. If it holds, next week (for production New Years week) will be the same, zero allocations, and then we should start see the allocations flowing again!

I guess we're not getting constraints or allocations this week. Checked again and nothing is posted... so my prediction from last week of zero allocations (for production Christmas week) so far is true. If it holds, next week (for production New Years week) will be the same, zero allocations, and then we should start see the allocations flowing again!
Thank you so much for this insight. It’s priceless really. I have no clue how to interpret the data… I hope you are right and that allocations do start coming December

Any updates on the heated steering wheel situation?

A guy on FB posted this link for order constraints as well.

“ It has package ordering info for all gm vehicles. Plus if you go into distribution updates. You can see updates oh what changes are being made to packages and what is available and what isn’t. https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/“

Any updates on the heated steering wheel situation?
Good news on that front, just shared here: Heated Steering Wheel Situation - Doesn't Affect Blackwings

Also, the fleet order guide is a great reference, but it doesn't contain info on constraints. Those are public facing docs that show available standard and optional features down to the smallest detail. Think of constraints as a weekly update to dealers on what the factory can or cannot build for that week, and therefore what allocations can or cannot be given.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners