Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing bucket seats?

My dealer told me the paint code is the same as rapid blue on the C8.

Need pics to compare HMR and HEA seats.

d.

red stripe seats are semi-aniline seats ... $6k option ... but I do not know what the power (heat/vent) differences in the seats are?
I read heated and cooled front seats and heated steering wheel are standard.

d.

I read heated and cooled front seats and heated steering wheel are standard.

d.
So I finally got an answer on the front seat features. The order guide for the CT5-V BW indicates that the base seats (AQ9) are 18-way adjustable with heat/ventilation as well as have power lumbar adjustment and massage features, all of which come standard. However, it's not clear if these are included in the high performance bucket seats (AQJ).

One of the reps on Cadillac's facebook page responded to my PM about this and pointed me to the following press release:

V-Series Blackwing: Designed to Perform

and highlighted the following point:
  • Available high-performance front seats, with up to 18-way adjustability, heat, ventilation and lumbar massage — and available carbon fiber-accented racing seats on the CT5-V Blackwing
The rep said that the seat features (as well as heated steering wheel) are part of the Climate Package (Y6F). On the CT5, that package comes standard regardless of whether you have the base or high performances seats. So the 18-way, heat, ventilation, lumbar and massage features are included in either seat RPO.

On the CT4, the Climate Package is optional. But as long as you choose that package, you will similarly get the 18-way, heat, ventilation, lumbar and massage features with either of the seat RPOs.

My dealer said that orders for the initial run will be accepted from Feb 10 thru March 18. Not sure how numbers will be assigned though. I emailed him the specs for my order last night, though asked him to hold off submitting until he gets absolute confirmation that the high perf seats have all of the features of the standard ones. Hopefully will hear back today.
Is it March 18th or, March 12th?

Sure looks like rapid blue to me. We have a rapid blue C8 and love it.

We want an exclusive color on the blackwing. So, that is electric blue or orange.

D.
Is orange exclusive or, just new for 2022?

My dealer is still saying March 18. But I would take his words with a grain of salt given he couldn't even find an answer on my seat question.
I just double checked and my dealer said March 12th. Can anyone else confirm or deny the 12th or, the 18th?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back