Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Bent OEM wheel

bl4ck_wng

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, Razor E100
Has anyone else bent an OEM wheel? At first I thought I heard something howling at highway speeds, but now I can feel it.

I did get caught out in that wild rainstorm the east coast had last week and went thru a puddle that was of unknown depth at highway speed in traffic. That one may have sealed the deal

Last edited:
Yes I bent a tech bronze about 6 months ago. Got tire and wheel insurance and pushed the dealer to fight for a new one instead of a repair which they did and got approved. They billed the cost as ~$950. I bought my own second set off a gm parts site and the costs usually were around $650.

I wouldn't expect a puddle of water to bend a wheel, but who knows these days. Any decent tire shop will put your wheel on their balancing machine for you and measure run-out. I think it's run-out. Wobble. You know, if it's bent.

Lots of places (may require shipping depending on where you live) can straighten bent wheels, typically for a lot less money than a new one. I had it done once on a Porsche wheel.

Also, I've come to believe that just normal driving will eventually cause most wheels to deform during their life span. I suspect that high performance tires (such as the Michelins that come OE on our cars) with the stiff sidewalls also shorten the life of the lightweight and often more fragile wheels than those that may come on a Silverado, for instance.

Here's my misadventure:

Had to buy new rim - didn't even try to repair. 20/20 hindsight wished I'd bought the tire & wheel insurance too.....

Here's my misadventure:

Had to buy new rim - didn't even try to repair. 20/20 hindsight wished I'd bought the tire & wheel insurance too.....
I had vossens on my prior car that were softer than play dough... 4 wheels and I think I did 5 or 6 repairs on them in 2 years. Gladly paid for that insurance. The way I look at it, I've got 3 "fuck it it's a rental" joy rides remaining 😂

Took the car to my local dealer for a formal diagnosis of the wheel vibration. It was cupped tires (10k miles on this particular set of PS4 A/S - OEM size). Otto Cadillac in Albany insisted it only needed an alignment about two weeks ago when I first noticed the sensation, yet failed to mention/notice the cupped tires -- which is funny because they absolutely go hand in hand. Either way, I needed the alignment so it worked out that my trip back down south started wearing them back out the right way.

I had this issue once a long time ago on a square setup and it was a great excuse to go rip some donuts after swapping the fronts and rears. I have tons of tread left so I say it's worth some experimentation. Very relieved it is not a bent wheel -- that would suck the big one

Yes I bent a tech bronze about 6 months ago. Got tire and wheel insurance and pushed the dealer to fight for a new one instead of a repair which they did and got approved. They billed the cost as ~$950. I bought my own second set off a gm parts site and the costs usually were around $650.
Can you share the site? Want to make sure I go to a reputable one and not a fake one off google search - thanks sir

I used gmpartswarehouse but any of them should be fine. Everyone complains that the sites are bad but fails to realize that they are all just private dealers that order the part from GM and drop ship to you. Expect the wheels to take 3-4 weeks from time of order to actually ship.
Can you share the site? Want to make sure I go to a reputable one and not a fake one off google search - thanks sir

Has anyone else bent an OEM wheel? At first I thought I heard something howling at highway speeds, but now I can feel it.

I did get caught out in that wild rainstorm the east coast had last week and went thru a puddle that was of unknown depth at highway speed in traffic. That one may have sealed the deal
I bent one... a pickup truck on the freeway lost a 2x4 right in front of me and I rolled right over it at "above limit speeds"... you will feel the difference.

$1100 + a wheel alignment for good measure.

Edit - took a full month to get it back from the dealer because I sprang a warning about the power steering.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back