Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Back into the Rodeo

Exia

Seasoned Member
Well I'm getting back into the rodeo for a 2025 CT5-V Blackwing.

I'm not a big fan of the changes (I like the old front end and a regular gauge cluster) however I really like the new green colour and I would like to order a car without constraints so I can finally get exactly what I want.

I'm also a big fan of green on brown so I'm hoping when allocation comes up that there aren't any constraints and I can load it up with carbon, ceramic brake, the new green, bronze wheels etc

I'm first in line at a local dealership and they get one Blackwing a year so I will definitely be getting a 2025, I will just be hoping I won't have carbon constraints.

Congrats. You should be able to get the carbon.

I tried, unsuccessfully, to get a 2024 Black Diamond Tricoat. I don't think that color will continue as a 2025. If it does, I'll be loosely tempted. But the front end... major downgrade to my eyes.

lol. So which car is out? The z06 or the Camaro.
Probably the Z06 if I have no constraints, if any carbon is on constraint I won't do it.

Lots of time until that happens though.

Did they switch to Google infotainment in the 25 BWs? That’s in one of only annoyances with my Z06. Love the 23 BW system much better and it’s way less buggy.

I couldn’t give up my C8 Z06 (unless I had to of course), it’s such an experience over nearly anything else I’ve ever driven.

Man I thought the z06 would be a keeper.
I don't think I ever would have kept it long term. The transmission and engine scare me for out of warranty repairs. That said I still have a lot of years left for that warranty coverage and beyond that I really do love it, I just can't see myself keeping it outside of the warranty as a forever car.

Also the car is just really expensive, I could sell it and pay off the rest of my mortgage, although I would just be down to my Camaro. We have come a long way from what past Z06s used to cost.

Honestly besides the Blackwing there isn't any other brand new car I would buy. I would probably go look for a used ZL1 or another C7 if I can't get a new Blackwing.

So I figured if I find the right vehicle I will sell the Z06 for it before the warranty is up.

Maybe down the road if I find a magical piggybank I will consider another but long-term the plan is to sell it at some point.

Can't wait to see the reception you get on reddit when you get the BW again lmao

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back