Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Automatic or Manual ?

No doubt in my mind the M6 would command more in the used market. But I am buying this car for me to drive. Not really worried about what a future owner wants.
Hint: Buy the car you want to drive. Don’t worry if you can make an extra $5k when you decide to move on.
Besides, if I owned a M6 car would be replacing the rear tires at least once a year and most likely the clutch every 2-3 years. A man has to know his limitations.

Last edited:
We're all talking about saving the manuals. What about saving ICE's instead?
yes indeed. We need to save the ICEs as well!

There are plenty of reasons to get a Blackwing with the slushbox. Those reasons include, and are limited to:
1. Your left leg was blown off in 'Nam
2. Your left leg was blown off in Iraq
3. Your left leg was blown off in Afghanistan
4. You don't deserve a car like this
This actually caught my attention... I have nerve damage in my right arm from Afghanistan. Needed surgery in 2011 since I was losing dexterity from the elbow down. When I got the surgery, I had my '05 CTS-V and was told I wouldn't be able to drive stick for maybe 3 months during my recovery, so I leased a second car with an automatic just to get by but kept the V. Half my hand in still usually numb but it won't stop me from driving a manual.

I sold my 809whp V3 cuz I got bored driving it. I missed driving my Z06s more but I need back seats for the kids. Waiting on my manual 5BW but managed to pick up a 4BW in the mean time. So far, pretty impressed with the ride. The clutch is pretty soft for a twin plate and the Tremec with rev-match is easy to drive.
If you're wondering on how much more Manuals will hold their value vs Auto, look at CTS-V Wagons. Low mileaged autos go for about $50-55K. Manuals are knocking $90Ks now. Mind you Manuals are super rare with less than 1800 made in the 4 yr span of production.

I have been driving my 6MT CTV-4BW for the past 2 days. Oh my, I forgot how much fun it is to drive a manual transmission. My last was a 1997 Dodge Avenger. And it was nothing like this. SO fun, the Tremec is AWESOME to row!

Despite every U Tube review of the CT5V- Blackwing preaching you have to "get the Manual" the fact remains that 59% of cars produced so far are automatics and 41% are manuals. I can see real advantages with either one. More content with the auto and more uniqueness and driver engagement with the manual. My question is do folks think the value of the manual will be substantially more over time than the automatic? Or is being the final ICE powered Cadillac with the brute engine and high performance running gear going to make it a classic regardless of transmission. I use the term "classic" optimistically, I know it is not assured.
Honestly I never even considered what would be worth more. For me, I need to row gears in order to really appreciate the car. Granted, this car will merely be a toy for me, my DD is an AMG. I sold my badass cammed 840whp GT500 which was wicked fast once I knew this "sleeper" was available.

If I had to guess, the M6 "if % of builds are low" will hold more value, long term.

This actually caught my attention... I have nerve damage in my right arm from Afghanistan. Needed surgery in 2011 since I was losing dexterity from the elbow down. When I got the surgery, I had my '05 CTS-V and was told I wouldn't be able to drive stick for maybe 3 months during my recovery, so I leased a second car with an automatic just to get by but kept the V. Half my hand in still usually numb but it won't stop me from driving a manual.

Thank you.

A real man doing real man s***. 😮

Thank you. (y)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop