Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Attention: Cadillac Chief Engineer

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
God bless you sir for fighting to keep the manual transmission alive for those of us driving enthusiasts who care more about connecting with the car and the driving experience, than 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

While performance specs are important to me, the overall driving experience is of the utmost importance to me. There's nothing like experiencing a performance automobile on winding coastal roads with a manual transmission. It's just not the same with an automatic.

So...thank you!!!! :Steer

I couldn't agree more. Cadillac has outdone itself on this one! Cheers to all of those involved in the creation, production and delivery of these fun toys for all of us drive them like we stole them. And thank you, thank you, thank you for the manual!!!!!

We asked for it and Mr Roma went to bat for us , he not only knocked out of the park but did a Grand Slam ! It looks like 2/3rds of the CT5 B/Ws that have been produced so far are manuals .bring on that 5 manual
Just sold my 2019’z06 …. When i heard the same year that the 8th gen was going to be auto only… found my manual in miami and had it shipped to the house…. At that point dealers still had inventory but got lucky finding the color and accessories i wanted….. yes the auto is quicker but this old dog loves rowing the gears … whether in traffic or not

Totally agree! Manual transmission was one of the biggest reason for getting this car.

Agree with the above. I would not own my 5BW now if it only came automatic. I'll be keeping this nuclear supercharged V8 and six-speed for a long time even if it has to share my garage with electrics in the future. :)

I'm guessing everyone here that is oohing and awwing over the Tremec 6spd are going to leave their cars primarily stock and are not trying to add much power to them?
Only saying this because I just sold my ZL1 manual with nearly 1100hp and I can absolutely say for a fact (I've driven manuals for about 30 years now) I will not do that again....it was too much to handle on city streets. out in the back roads it was fun as hell but the 10spd automatic transmission in these cars is no joke. its the same in the auto ZL1's.

but hey, looks like my A10 car is going to be much more rare than a manual now...thanks fellas hahaha

I'm guessing everyone here that is oohing and awwing over the Tremec 6spd are going to leave their cars primarily stock and are not trying to add much power to them?
Only saying this because I just sold my ZL1 manual with nearly 1100hp and I can absolutely say for a fact (I've driven manuals for about 30 years now) I will not do that again....it was too much to handle on city streets. out in the back roads it was fun as hell but the 10spd automatic transmission in these cars is no joke. its the same in the auto ZL1's.

but hey, looks like my A10 car is going to be much more rare than a manual now...thanks fellas hahaha
Paddles are for ping pong Lol

Paddles are for ping pong Lol
again...my "ping pong paddles" will be faster than the "stick" you're holding on too....though, I'm envious of the area you live in...if I lived there I'd be buying a manual as well. Too many nice mountain roads so easily accessible.

But the stick is more fun and will ALWAYS be worth more… IMO true drivers cars are manual only!!

I guess that I’ll weigh in. I’ve never not owned a car with a stick for over 40 years. I currently own 2 cars with a stick. I advocate for sticks. With all that said, I have never owned nor desired to own a sedan with a stick. 🤷🏻‍♂️

LOL in implying the TR6060 isn't a very stout transmission. Look, I'm glad Cadillac offered both the six-speed and the great 10-speed automatic. But, I'll say if Cadillac only offered the automatic, it wouldn't be sitting in my garage right now. I bought this car because it's probably one of the last of it's kind. Six-speed, supercharged V8, in a beautiful, luxury Cadillac with incredible suspension and carbon ceramic brakes wrapped around the drivetrain. Count me in.

Attachments

• garage 1.jpg
    garage 1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 141
  • garage 2.jpg
    garage 2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
LOL in implying the TR6060 isn't a very stout transmission. Look, I'm glad Cadillac offered both the six-speed and the great 10-speed automatic. But, I'll say if Cadillac only offered the automatic, it wouldn't be sitting in my garage right now. I bought this car because it's probably one of the last of it's kind. Six-speed, supercharged V8, in a beautiful, luxury Cadillac with incredible suspension and carbon ceramic brakes wrapped around the drivetrain. Count me in.
I, in no way implied that the TR6060 is bad...Ive had them in my last 2 Camaro's...it's hands down the best manual transmission offered in any car today...all I have ever said is that the A10 is a faster car. just facts bud. like @CT4-V Blackwing said...I've had manuals in all of my past cars as well but see no need or haven't any desire for a manual sedan (just my opinion/choice)
now your C6 ZR1 for that matter (if they made it in an automatic) is a car I wouldn't even consider buying with an Auto tranny...I'm not a huge fan of the C8's for this same reasoning. that and the rear end is too big for the car. the corvette team could have done a much better job if they weren't so concerned with putting golf clubs in the trunk of it.

BTW, great combo on your BW...its similar to the one I ordered shadow metallic, blue calipers, but I skipped out on the carbon ceramics and got the standard wheels because I'm having HRE cut me some wheels. enjoy bud!

But the stick is more fun and will ALWAYS be worth more… IMO true drivers cars are manual only!!
it most definitely won't be worth more considering over 2/3rds of them are manuals....it'll be the most common option on used ones....which in this day and age with most people not being able to drive a manual may very well drive the value down on them.....which I would hate to see. I don't plan on selling mine anyways as my grandfather was a Cadillac employee for his whole life. this car will have his 1978 Cadillac "Achiever" ring in it at all times. Thats back when Cadillac gave out nice things to their loyal and great performing employees, now they probably don't even get a pat on the back, sadly enough.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back