Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Attention: Cadillac Chief Engineer

I, in no way implied that the TR6060 is bad...Ive had them in my last 2 Camaro's...it's hands down the best manual transmission offered in any car today...all I have ever said is that the A10 is a faster car. just facts bud. like @CT4-V Blackwing said...I've had manuals in all of my past cars as well but see no need or haven't any desire for a manual sedan (just my opinion/choice)
now your C6 ZR1 for that matter (if they made it in an automatic) is a car I wouldn't even consider buying with an Auto tranny...I'm not a huge fan of the C8's for this same reasoning. that and the rear end is too big for the car. the corvette team could have done a much better job if they weren't so concerned with putting golf clubs in the trunk of it.

BTW, great combo on your BW...its similar to the one I ordered shadow metallic, blue calipers, but I skipped out on the carbon ceramics and got the standard wheels because I'm having HRE cut me some wheels. enjoy bud!
You seemed to imply the TR6060 had a hard time with your 1100hp ZL1. Either way, very few people will mod the 5BW to those power levels and it is likely the manual could handle the power better overall than the 10-speed.

Regardless, both transmissions are great and I’m glad we have a choice. Congrats on your ride!!

Agreed, if you want an auto, the Blackwing is still amazing, but the differentiator with this car is the manual transmission. Otherwise, you should cross shop the M5, E63, RS6/7, etc. against the 5BW automatic because they are all similar with auto trannies and big horsepower wrapped in a luxury sport sedan.

That, in my humble opinion, will make an automatic V less valuable in the long run as it’s missing that big differentiator.

Regardless, as I said in another thread, I don’t care about value, I’m working this supermodel over and not saving her for the next boyfriend. She’ll be ridden hard and put away wet. I already have 200 miles on mine. :D

Agreed, if you want an auto, the Blackwing is still amazing, but the differentiator with this car is the manual transmission. Otherwise, you should cross shop the M5, E63, RS6/7, etc. against the 5BW automatic because they are all similar with auto trannies and big horsepower wrapped in a luxury sport sedan.

That, in my humble opinion, will make an automatic V less valuable in the long run as it’s missing that big differentiator.

Regardless, as I said in another thread, I don’t care about value, I’m working this supermodel over and not saving her for the next boyfriend. She’ll be ridden hard and put away wet. I already have 200 miles on mine. :D
Mines going to have 500 miles on it before it gets to me, from all the shuffling around it is doing in the shipping yard.

Mines going to have 500 miles on it before it gets to me, from all the shuffling around it is doing in the shipping yard.
You better give her an incredible look over before taking possession. Couldn’t imagine where she’s been

it most definitely won't be worth more considering over 2/3rds of them are manuals....it'll be the most common option on used ones....which in this day and age with most people not being able to drive a manual may very well drive the value down on them.....which I would hate to see. I don't plan on selling mine anyways as my grandfather was a Cadillac employee for his whole life. this car will have his 1978 Cadillac "Achiever" ring in it at all times. Thats back when Cadillac gave out nice things to their loyal and great performing employees, now they probably don't even get a pat on the back, sadly enough.
Ehh wait a few years and see.. it doesn’t matter if more are stick if it’s the last 6sp super sedan.. not to mention supercharged v8

Like others have already said, if it wasn't for 6-speed manual there will be a lot less people interested including me. For the amount of money the CT4/CT5 BW are asking there are plenty of options in the market. Hell for a 6 figure that CT5 goes up to, you are in exotic car territory which might not only be faster but also better looking/more luxurious/better materials/head turners etc.

As for the value, manual will always have better value compared to auto no matter how common they are because of the same reason stated above.

Yes, auto is faster but not everyone just want to step on gas and call it a day. Some people actually enjoy the connection with the car and the experience of driving it which IMO totally lacks in an auto.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back