Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Are flippers failing?

Snowwolfe

Seasoned Member
I been watching auctions on Ebay for the last couple of months and noticed 5's are not selling for inflated prices. Which is a good thing for people who enjoy driving their cars.
This could help keep the pricing at MSRP in the future.
Thoughts?

I been watching auctions on Ebay for the last couple of months and noticed 5's are not selling for inflated prices. Which is a good thing for people who enjoy driving their cars.
This could help keep the pricing at MSRP in the future.
Thoughts?
I think we will find out the true value of the vehicles once the total run is finished... dealers are dealers and likely see this as an opportunity to make a quick buck.

With parts already being scratched from the build list, and the push for EVs growing everyday, my money is on 1K for each the CT4 and CT5 tops.

Regardless, it will be a collector's car... especially if you got the manual.

I’m worried so I have two orders and I’m honestly considering paying a markup if I can just find a dealer with an allocation… all the dark emerald frost cars are going for an insane amount of money AT THE DEALERS.

Saw one and they’re asking 200k

Back in 2016 there was a Crystal White Frost Edition for the CTS-V...they made 29 of them. They were trying to flip them for 200k back then.
I saw one recently for Sale on Autotrader with like 12k miles for $ 83k.
I have a Dark Emarld Frost that is in purgatory (Lansing VDC). I have no expectation of appreciation, except for the appreciation of acceleration!!

Jeff

With so few data points it's hard to assess the current market value of both Blackwings.

When a couple go through the BaT site and they start swapping hands at Manheim everyone will have a better idea of where the car is trading.

I find the 'flipper' topic the most useless, tiresome, and most repetitive of all the conversations that populate car forums.

With so few data points it's hard to assess the current market value of both Blackwings.

When a couple go through the BaT site and they start swapping hands at Manheim everyone will have a better idea of where the car is trading.

I find the 'flipper' topic the most useless, tiresome, and most repetitive of all the conversations that populate car forums.

Then why did you respond?

I expect zero appreciation of this car and IMHO anyone who pays over MSRP thinking they are going to get back more than what they paid are in for a rude awakening.

Don't get me wrong, the car is a great accomplishment no doubt, but I don't see it gaining value with the exception possibly of those who keep it for 30-35 years with a few miles on it from the factory (or 21 in my case) and then sell it at Barrett Jackson like they did this year for the Grand Nationals (standard $117.7K and GNX $275K!)

bow down adam levine GIF by The Voice

Yeah I dunno, on one hand I agree with what you are saying, but on the other hand, look at the Chevy SS. It's not uncommon to see clean examples of those with low-ish miles (20-30k average) with the manual selling for roughly what the car cost brand new, and it's highly likely blackwings won't be built to anywhere near the total number of the SS production across it's 4 model years.

It really is hard to predict. But, anyone that thinks a car is an investment, has no idea what an investment actually is.

Yeah I dunno, on one hand I agree with what you are saying, but on the other hand, look at the Chevy SS. It's not uncommon to see clean examples of those with low-ish miles (20-30k average) with the manual selling for roughly what the car cost brand new, and it's highly likely blackwings won't be built to anywhere near the total number of the SS production across it's 4 model years.

It really is hard to predict. But, anyone that thinks a car is an investment, has no idea what an investment actually is.

Depending on your idea of actual sale price when "brand new", I bought my '15 SS (automatic) for $43k and got nearly the same on trade-in. I can't possibly imagine doing the same with the Blackwing in just 6 years, but also I don't expect it to depreciate nearly as much as the previous V models either (which, vs their competitors, already hold their value pretty well).

The investment proposition is like CT5VBW said, holding on to the car for 30 years (though probably more like 20?).

Last edited:
Just sold my SS a few weeks ago too. Bought brand new with 20% off. Drove 105,000 miles it cost me 8g. If I were to have anything remotely close to that when the day comes to sell my BW, I’ll be happy as possible. That is assuming it shows up…

Yea, I am not looking to make money if I sell it, just loose less 😁, but I plan to drive it for years so. At the end of it, it will be worth something, that is all the maters.

This. Even if a car appreciates it almost for sure underporforms boring stocks. And stocks dont cost anything to store and maintain.

I’m worried so I have two orders and I’m honestly considering paying a markup if I can just find a dealer with an allocation… all the dark emerald frost cars are going for an insane amount of money AT THE DEALERS.

Saw one and they’re asking 200k
Guess they can "ask" anything they want. Final selling prices are all that matter. My guess (and it's only that, just like anyone else) is that MSRP will be the rule for several more months until things come back to earth on the chip front.

Wouldn’t say failing. Markets truly unknown on these. hell, most people don’t even know what it is until you tell them, or they hear it. I put mine up for sale, cause I’ve got over 3k miles on it now, and I change cars like socks. It’s funny, when selling through my dealer, I’ve sold 2 a 458 and a r8, with this sitting next to it.

Point being, the only people that REALLY, know these cars are us…. The publicity and consumer knowledge haven’t hit in its entirety yet.

I had a guy ask me why I was trying to sell a Cadillac ct5 with a 3.0 v6 in it for over 100k. When I told him it’s a blackwing…… he proceeded to convince me that they didn’t come out yet and reported me as spam…..

Wouldn’t say failing. Markets truly unknown on these. hell, most people don’t even know what it is until you tell them, or they hear it. I put mine up for sale, cause I’ve got over 3k miles on it now, and I change cars like socks. It’s funny, when selling through my dealer, I’ve sold 2 a 458 and a r8, with this sitting next to it.

Point being, the only people that REALLY, know these cars are us…. The publicity and consumer knowledge haven’t hit in its entirety yet.

I had a guy ask me why I was trying to sell a Cadillac ct5 with a 3.0 v6 in it for over 100k. When I told him it’s a blackwing…… he proceeded to convince me that they didn’t come out yet and reported me as spam…..

so how much are you asking?

I think the ones that are reasonably priced (15-20% over) will/continue to sell. The $50k plus flippers may have to wait a bit longer.

It is truly mind blowing what dealers do not know, or how much they lie. I contacted a dealer in SC who had a 5 on the floor. They told me it was a limited production Cadillac and only 250 would be made, period. They said production ended and no more would ever be built.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back