Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone upgrade to red seat belts to replace your black oem ones i did 😆.

Work in progress its to hot for this today lol but looks good.
@loudmofo Thanks for posting the part number links to the red belts. They were the only option missing from my CT4 BW build that the original owner regretted. Do you have any tips for removal and install?

I found a site that had everything for less than $175 shipped. Hopefully, parts should be here next week.

I just did this install on my CT4. Make sure you have a couple of torx or star sockets and take your time. Also - get some plastic trim tools Amazon or Harbor Freight. Get the 3 day subscription for the manual from the GM manual site

-I disconnected my battery to avoid fault codes. 200 miles so far and all good. If you do disconnect your battery, make sure not to close your trunk all the way or you’ll have to climb through the back seat like I did 😂

-The passenger side has two fussy electrical connectors instead of one.

-The front seats don’t have to come out - all the way forward should do it. The back seat cushion needs a little leverage and strength. Everything - the sill covers and plastic trim - feels like it’s breaking but it’s not.

-the new seatbelts can be a bit of a pain to unwind if they aren’t bolted into their expected positions in the car so either hold them like they are or bolt them in otherwise it’ll take forever to get some slack in them.

it goes faster as you work but also take breaks and make sure you have plenty of light - it’s hard to see some of the connectors in a dark garage.

I’d been waiting for temps to cool off a bit so I could get to this and I was still drenched after the install, but I’m glad I did it. My interior is all black and this gave it some *pop* and added like 10 horsepower 😉

Ok thanks. LF shows discontinued. Rear belts are really only $26?

I updated the part numbers as the fronts were superseded, Generally when you place an order the dealer will automatically do this. Correct the rears are cheap...for now

Looks like the UAW strike is hitting parts hard. Half of my seat belt order was cancelled with no ETA. The other half won't be delivered for 3 weeks. I checked a few other dealers and it's the same issue. I called the local Cadillac store to find out what was going on with a power seat module that was ordered last week. They have no ETA. This is going to suck...

I just did this install on my CT4. Make sure you have a couple of torx or star sockets and take your time. Also - get some plastic trim tools Amazon or Harbor Freight. Get the 3 day subscription for the manual from the GM manual site

-I disconnected my battery to avoid fault codes. 200 miles so far and all good. If you do disconnect your battery, make sure not to close your trunk all the way or you’ll have to climb through the back seat like I did 😂

-The passenger side has two fussy electrical connectors instead of one.

-The front seats don’t have to come out - all the way forward should do it. The back seat cushion needs a little leverage and strength. Everything - the sill covers and plastic trim - feels like it’s breaking but it’s not.

-the new seatbelts can be a bit of a pain to unwind if they aren’t bolted into their expected positions in the car so either hold them like they are or bolt them in otherwise it’ll take forever to get some slack in them.

it goes faster as you work but also take breaks and make sure you have plenty of light - it’s hard to see some of the connectors in a dark garage.

I’d been waiting for temps to cool off a bit so I could get to this and I was still drenched after the install, but I’m glad I did it. My interior is all black and this gave it some *pop* and added like 10 horsepower 😉
Thanks for the write up! If you need a little more pop hollow out the engine air filter been doing it for years always adds another 10hp😉

Thanks for the write up! If you need a little more pop hollow out the engine air filter been doing it for years always adds another 10hp😉
You mean the filter box, right? ;)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners