Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

All windows down

jumpmanjay

Seasoned Member
Just came to my car after work with all the windows down. No idea when they went down. Time to turn off the remote window control.

Holding the unlock button on the fob will roll all the windows down. Could have accidentally pressed and held it.

Holding the unlock button on the fob will roll all the windows down. Could have accidentally pressed and held it.
Yeah, I turned that feature off after getting in the car. I think the windows went down shortly after I locked it 12 hours prior because the car smelled like outside and not new car smell.

Yeah, I turned that feature off after getting in the car. I think the windows went down shortly after I locked it 12 hours prior because the car smelled like outside and not new car smell.
Didnt even know you can turn it off. Dont remember seeing it in the settings.

Settings -> vehicle -> remote lock, unlock, and start -> remote window operation

This morning confirmed the new car smell is gone. 😞
LITTLE TREES Car Air Freshener | Hanging Tree Provides Long Lasting Scent for Auto or Home | New Car Scent, 6-Packs (4 Count) https://a.co/d/eg8u5Kc

I never understood the new car smell. To me it's the essence of formaldehyde, burning plastics and petroleum.

You did your lungs a favor, but don't be bummed as it will come back in the summer when you park it out in the heat.

I never understood the new car smell. To me it's the essence of formaldehyde, burning plastics and petroleum.

You did your lungs a favor, but don't be bummed as it will come back in the summer when you park it out in the heat.
The smell is the product of off-gassing and not necessarily good for you. But...it has an intoxicating effect that you always remember. Not much different than any other drug that makes you feel good, but could be harmful over time. :D

The smell is the product of off-gassing and not necessarily good for you. But...it has an intoxicating effect that you always remember. Not much different than any other drug that makes you feel good, but could be harmful over time. :D
Oh yeah that sweet smell of VOCs. Like I say to the OP, it will be there waiting for you in the summer👍🏻

1670817829728.png

I'm convinced it's that leather that makes it smell great. They need to make a conditioner that smells like that.

We bought 2 new cars this year and I have to say the Caddy smells amazing by comparison to our Mazda chemical factory smell.

I daily drove the Mazda from February to July and I literally went through a Costco sized bottle of Excedrin... It's all cheap Rubbermaid plastic. I can't complain too much about a $38k 3 row suv.

Just tried this on my 5BW. This works in reverse as well. Holding "Lock" on the remote causes all windows to close.

Not the case with all manufacturers. My Ford allows me to press "Unlock" once, then press and hold "Unlock" for 5 seconds or so to open all windows. But closing via the "Lock" button does not work. Maybe Ford's lawyers were more nervous? I'm told it may be possible to enable this in Fords via ForScan software.

Anyway, the point is that I like GM's implementation here better than Ford's.

I'm convinced it's that leather that makes it smell great. They need to make a conditioner that smells like that.

We bought 2 new cars this year and I have to say the Caddy smells amazing by comparison to our Mazda chemical factory smell.

I daily drove the Mazda from February to July and I literally went through a Costco sized bottle of Excedrin... It's all cheap Rubbermaid plastic. I can't complain too much about a $38k 3 row suv.
I still have some Zaino "leather in a bottle" and that's just what it smells like.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back