Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

All Season Tire Question

DesertRJ

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V Blackwing
Shopping for a set of all seasons to go on the stock wheels as I got my Aerolarris (Yay!). I'm finding that the only all season that matches up perfectly is the Michelin Pilot A/S 4 which are a bit hard to get my hands on. The curiosity comes if there's any requirement for the XL rating as SL opens up the Continental DWS 6+ and a number of other options. I've liked the DWS in the past and seems to generally be a bit better in wet/snow and quieter than the A/S 4 from Michelin.

As I've got dedicated summers, the DWS seems like it might be the better option. Anyone know if we can run SL as opposed to XL on the 4BW? Seems like the lower pressure max would be fine as it's still right where Caddy suggests. Not having a reinforced sidewall is the only place I could see there being a problem. I just don't have enough tire knowledge built up yet to know for sure.

I will say auto crossing with an SL tire instead of an XL tire was a mistake. The roll under was ugly on my Boxster. Certainly not planning to run any autocross events on the all seasons!

Thanks!

I ordered a set of Pilot A/S 4's last week from Discount Tire but they said they are on backorder with no ETA. I'm looking at some alternatives as well. Looking at the Continental you referenced as well as the Bridgestone Potenza RE980 A/S. I need something for late fall, winter, and early spring. I'll be driving my wife's 4Runner to work when we get bigger snows.

I'd have no problem running the dws. The load rating is fine and you don't plan on using them for anything but street duties.

Please post a photo or two of the Aerolarris wheels
Thanks
I'll get some pictures up as soon as I have some tires on there. Well, suppose I could always snap some shots in the box if you'd prefer in the meantime. Let me know :)

FWIW, I put the DWS 6+ on my Miata, and they are a great all-season tire. Good grip and not problematic in cold temps.

I bought a set of Conti DWS for my 4bw. I didn't spring for new wheels though. Someone mentioned to me that run-flat tires (the stock summer tires) should stay on the wheels until its time to replace them.. Not sure why this would be the case.. maybe to avoid damaging them since they are stiffer and more difficult to mount? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I bought a set of Conti DWS for my 4bw. I didn't spring for new wheels though. Someone mentioned to me that run-flat tires (the stock summer tires) should stay on the wheels until its time to replace them.. Not sure why this would be the case.. maybe to avoid damaging them since they are stiffer and more difficult to mount? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Run-flats?... news to me

Did that someone actually know what car you drive?
The MPS4S TPCs are definitely not runflat.

Edit - nvmd already handled :)

At least on the 5BW, the tires are hard to mount. One tire place wouldn't do it because they said it required the auto mounting machine.

Please post a photo or two of the Aerolarris wheels
Thanks
tempImageYrkqh3.png
There's my 4BW with the Aerolarri wheels!

The tires for both the 4BW and 5BW are ingenuously named "stop flat" tires. They don't stop flats from happening, as the name would imply. Instead of run flat, which let's you run with them flat, they require that you stop when you get a flat. Makes total sense.

In other words it’s a tire. Sometimes the marketing folks can go overboard, thinking everything needs some kind of name.

The tires for both the 4BW and 5BW are ingenuously named "stop flat" tires. They don't stop flats from happening, as the name would imply. Instead of run flat, which let's you run with them flat, they require that you stop when you get a flat. Makes total sense.
ew-nope.gif

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners