Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Aftermarket carbon spoiler

FishinV,
Can you just confirm that the factory small spoiler is just held down by double stick tape? I have my spoiler and the car finally and this week/weekend I will do the install.
How did you remove the stock spoiler?I'm thinking maybe some heat and fishing line.
And you said there are holes in the trunk lid already?
I plan on adding some type of threaded insert in my spoiler so I can secure it with some screws in addition to double sided tape.
I'll probably document my install with a bunch of pics to assist others doing this.
Thanks in advance.

FishinV,
Can you just confirm that the factory small spoiler is just held down by double stick tape? I have my spoiler and the car finally and this week/weekend I will do the install.
How did you remove the stock spoiler?I'm thinking maybe some heat and fishing line.
And you said there are holes in the trunk lid already?
I plan on adding some type of threaded insert in my spoiler so I can secure it with some screws in addition to double sided tape.
I'll probably document my install with a bunch of pics to assist others doing this.
Thanks in advance.
To get mine off, i pulled the trunk liner first, there are 2 plastic pins that just pull straight out, then i used a plastic trim tool to pry it loose. I taped thr trunk where i was using it to keep from messing up the paint. Yes there are holes in the trunk. The 2 spoilers i bought were both hollow so you wont be able to put an insert into them. I used small stainless screws with some flat washers and only hand tightened to keep from stripping. I also used a whole bunch of 3m emblem double sided tape. Mine is very solid and doesnt move after i got it finished. The trunk liner is fairly easy to get out just be careful not to seperate the plastic/metal clips on the back. If you do, you can use a small torch to reheat the plastic and stick it back onto the inside of the liner. (Ask me how i know lol) there are youtube videos on how to install a spoiler on a CT5v. The trunk lid is the same on all of them so the video applies.

Good luck. Should be about 30 min to an hour.

just dropping this here that it looks like the STANDARD 4 blackwing spoiler is up on GM accessories site, not interesting in itself but what is nice is that they also have the installation guide that shows what holes are currently drilled in the rear decklid and where. could be useful to someone as they look for aftermarket ones. Doesn't look like they have the standard CT5 on the site yet however.

leaving it here in case anyone is interested.

Here's mine installed. Its called the "PSM style" apparently. Seems to be all carbon fiber. I added three stainless steel studs underneath to help attach it. Much better than the stock standard spoiler, but I'll still be open to future aftermarket options. And I have a plate frame on the way to make that look better lol

IMG_20220410_122856_798.jpg

IMG_20220410_122907_427.jpg

IMG_20220410_122914_342.jpg
IMG_20220410_122902_296.jpg

Here's mine installed. Its called the "PSM style" apparently. Seems to be all carbon fiber. I added three stainless steel studs underneath to help attach it. Much better than the stock standard spoiler, but I'll still be open to future aftermarket options. And I have a plate frame on the way to make that look better lol

View attachment 8088
View attachment 8089
View attachment 8090View attachment 8091
these cars in nj are gonna stick out like a sore thumb lol only a handful are here

Search ebay for Ct5 v carbon. I bought from 2 different sellers and was the exact same product. You can catch deals on there. I bought one for 180 and the other for 280 including shipping. They sold out so the exact links dont exist anymore. I have seen them as high as 500 plus 200 shipping, but keep looking. They pop up from time to time. They are hollow so not as solid as factory piece, but very good weave and nice piece.
FishinV,

is yours made from real carbon fiber ? At that price point, I see some that are described as carbon fiber color only, not real carbon fiber.

FishinV,

is yours made from real carbon fiber ? At that price point, I see some that are described as carbon fiber color only, not real carbon fiber.
Yes its made from real carbon fiber. Sold the car about a month ago though

why did you sell your Caddy? i have one on order, did i mess up?
Main reason...22k more than i paid.
3 other reasons. 1. Seats a little narrow for me (im not skinny) 2. No tuning and none really in sight. 3. Styling awesome except front end. They should have made it more aggressive imho. Car is an engineering marvel for sure and a great car. I paid 105 including tax and got 127 cash. Hard to turn that down after 6 mos and 5k miles. Looking at a maybe a used Ferrari F430..want something a little more flashy! Wife still has the Ct4 Bw but it will be sold/traded when her lyriq gets here.

Got a replacement for the 5 BW today

Attachments

• 20220718_125903.jpg
    20220718_125903.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 116

Attachments

• 643E695E-1F73-4788-8C9A-1F0FEEE8ABA8.png
    643E695E-1F73-4788-8C9A-1F0FEEE8ABA8.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
The v10s are over 6.5 seconds slower around VIR compared to the 5 BW
Didnt buy it for track use. Bought it for the styling. Seeing kids faces light up when they see it is priceless. Had it one day and more thumbs up from kids and adults both than I ever had with any of my v's. Plus this one has exhaust and sounds amazing. And I can tune it to run much faster. The bw I'd an amazing car no doubt .

Didnt buy it for track use. Bought it for the styling. Seeing kids faces light up when they see it is priceless. Had it one day and more thumbs up from kids and adults both than I ever had with any of my v's. Plus this one has exhaust and sounds amazing. And I can tune it to run much faster. The bw I'd an amazing car no doubt .
It's time to take her to Jayson at Motorsports Technologies!

It's time to take her to Jayson at Motorsports Technologies!
Jayson and Billy don't tune them, but they referred me to dme. They also don't have awd dyno.

Great to know you sold your BW at such a profit and enjoyed it plenty beforehand. Your R-8 is a real beauty and they DO sound amazing !! Exotics are a blast to own for the attention. Love my (not red) 488 GTB and I even still get run down for pictures and thumbs up in my tuned GTR every now and then. Looking so forward to adding that V-8 American muscle and 3-pedals to my stable though. My BW just got produced yesterday, so hopefully I'll be hammering it by this fall.

Attachments

• IMG_9745.JPG
    IMG_9745.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 100
So originally i had it taped on top of the small factory spoiler and drilled a couple screws from the bottom (opened up the trunk liner for access).

Now i took off the original small spoiler and installed directly on the trunk lid. There are several holes in the trunk lid, just have to cover them with double sided tape and i generously used a lot of double sided tape to stick it down. Now it fits perfectly and lines up and looks much better than before i removed the original spoiler. Yes i did it myself.

I also put 4 small screws in it through the factory holes with some washers to secure it even better. The spoiler I have is hollow so i only used maybe 1/2 inch long small screws and used a screwdriver instead of a drill to keep from stripping. When i had it on top and screwed down, i saw over 160 mph with no problems.

I was just at Spring mountain a week or so ago and saw the original factory carbon, and the one i have is probably the exact same height as factory but it doesnt have the two small vertical indentions that the factory carbon does. I have had compliments at car shows and most people think it came like that from the factory. (for a $280 spoiler LOL)
Where did you get your spoiler?

Thought i would share. Originally had stuck the aftermarket carbon spoiler on top of the original shorty one. Fyi original is only double stuck taped down. Looks and fits much better. Also found an extra one on ebay so i have an extra in Houston area if anyone wants it. Would prefer not to ship $200.
Where did you buy this replacement spoiler?

ebay

@Brandonvk .....Welcome fellow AZ resident! Your tag is one I thought about getting but you beat me to it. Anyway, that spoiler looks pretty good. Any brief details on install?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back