Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Aftermarket carbon spoiler

FishinV

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 Blackwing
Thought i would share. Originally had stuck the aftermarket carbon spoiler on top of the original shorty one. Fyi original is only double stuck taped down. Looks and fits much better. Also found an extra one on ebay so i have an extra in Houston area if anyone wants it. Would prefer not to ship $200.

Attachments

• 20220301_150618.jpg
    20220301_150618.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 645
  • 20220301_150539.jpg
    20220301_150539.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 717
Thought i would share. Originally had stuck the aftermarket carbon spoiler on top of the original shorty one. Fyi original is only double stuck taped down. Looks and fits much better. Also found an extra one on ebay so i have an extra in Houston area if anyone wants it. Would prefer not to ship $200.
Looks great! BTW - does anyone in this forum have any insights as to the CF constraint situation? Any improvement? @Mirza Grebovic

Too funny, I have the exact same Cricut made logo on the same spot except you can't see it on my black car (have the same in a carbon fiber look sticker on those blanks on the c-pillars.) If I could figure out to cut carbon fiber sheets on the Cricut I'd use that instead (tried a couple of thicknesses without luck so far.)

@FishinV I'm in the boat of having to drop CF to get a car (it worked) and am looking at aftermarket options. I would like something larger on the rear other than the standard one that matches the one on the V. Can you share more about how you mounted the spoiler? Is it taped over the taped-on small factory one? Did you DIY? I like the one from Savage, but they confirmed it is taped on.... which just doesn't feel right on a car with these capabilities.

@FishinV I'm in the boat of having to drop CF to get a car (it worked) and am looking at aftermarket options. I would like something larger on the rear other than the standard one that matches the one on the V. Can you share more about how you mounted the spoiler? Is it taped over the taped-on small factory one? Did you DIY? I like the one from Savage, but they confirmed it is taped on.... which just doesn't feel right on a car with these capabilities.
So originally i had it taped on top of the small factory spoiler and drilled a couple screws from the bottom (opened up the trunk liner for access).

Now i took off the original small spoiler and installed directly on the trunk lid. There are several holes in the trunk lid, just have to cover them with double sided tape and i generously used a lot of double sided tape to stick it down. Now it fits perfectly and lines up and looks much better than before i removed the original spoiler. Yes i did it myself.

I also put 4 small screws in it through the factory holes with some washers to secure it even better. The spoiler I have is hollow so i only used maybe 1/2 inch long small screws and used a screwdriver instead of a drill to keep from stripping. When i had it on top and screwed down, i saw over 160 mph with no problems.

I was just at Spring mountain a week or so ago and saw the original factory carbon, and the one i have is probably the exact same height as factory but it doesnt have the two small vertical indentions that the factory carbon does. I have had compliments at car shows and most people think it came like that from the factory. (for a $280 spoiler LOL)

@Mirza Grebovic Awesome! Thanks - and please know how much we appreciate you, Brandon Vivian, Tony Roma and all the others on this forum who have made these wonderful cars a reality!

I bought this one.
spoiler.jpg

spoiler2.jpg

Should be here tuesday. Then I'll see how the quality is.
Claims to be decent CF, but if it looks crappy, I have no problem bodyworking it and painting it to match.
Or selling it/throwing it out.

When my car actually gets here though, who knows.

Dude's claiming CTS-V and CT5BW use the same diffuser.

Can anyone confirm? If so, look for front wrecked CTSVs lol.

Dude's claiming CTS-V and CT5BW use the same diffuser.

Can anyone confirm? If so, look for front wrecked CTSVs lol.

I just compared pics, not the same.
It looks similar but its still different.
The sides that wrap forward are totally different shapes. Its like a long triangle on the V3, but has a curve down on the CT5BW

diffuser.png

Last edited:
I just compared pics, not the same.
It looks similar but its still different.
The sides that wrap forward are totally different shapes. Its like a perfect triangle of the V3, but has a curve down on the CT5BW

View attachment 7684
I had a feeling.

Attachments

• 20220301_150539.jpg
    20220301_150539.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 157
Mind sharing where you got your CF spoiler? Link to seller?

Mind sharing where you got your CF spoiler? Link to seller?
Search ebay for Ct5 v carbon. I bought from 2 different sellers and was the exact same product. You can catch deals on there. I bought one for 180 and the other for 280 including shipping. They sold out so the exact links dont exist anymore. I have seen them as high as 500 plus 200 shipping, but keep looking. They pop up from time to time. They are hollow so not as solid as factory piece, but very good weave and nice piece.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back