Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

A Little-V Blog: The ATS-V purchase and ownership experience

Stopped in at Bunnin Chevrolet/Cadillac today to chat with some of my pals there and learned that they just took an order for an ATS-V from someone who read about the car on this Blog and then wanted one.

That's awesome.

Glad to see interest in "A Little-V Blog" is growing.

Whoever you are...I know you'll enjoy the car!
:rocker:

Thanks for the great info Hib. Yeah noticed the battery situation awhile back. WTH were they thinking...? LOL

Hib that was me at Bunntin ordering my ATS-V

Stopped in at Bunnin Chevrolet/Cadillac today to chat with some of my pals there and learned that they just took an order for an ATS-V from someone who read about the car on this Blog and then wanted one.

That's awesome.

Glad to see interest in "A Little-V Blog" is growing.

Whoever you are...I know you'll enjoy the car!

On Saturday the 7th of Nov. I ordered my ATS-V at Bunnin in Santa Barbara. I've been following the ATS-V since Nov 2013. Back then the rumors were flying thick and fast. What will its name be? which V8 will it have? what! no V8, it'll have a 3.6 V6, but it'll be a turbo, no it'll be a 3.0 V6 dual turbo (thicker cyl walls for higher boost pressure) will Recaros be std? etc. Then along came the 2014 LA car show and they finally settled on a name for the car, the HP went from 455 to 464 and the top speed from 185 mph to 189.

Recently when they finally started to show-up at local dealers , I visited a couple here in Ventura co. But they only wanted to sell me what they had on the lot, no interest in ordering the car I wanted (if I'm spending this much $$ I expect to get what I want). They always had some excuse, limited production, low allotment etc.

I had previously read your positive experience with Bunnin and by chance I was referred to Bunnin's general manager by a family member. The GM called me and said Juan would call me. Juan called; I told him I knew what I wanted, about 15 min later I got an Email with an attached window sticker with all the details. The next morning I drove up to Bunnin, a few min later Juan "pushed the Button" and out popped order #SZXTV5 for a Blk, Coupe, auto, lux pkg, safety/ security pkg, std seats (I like them), std wheels (didn't like the option wheels, why spend $$ on wheels I'll replace later) plus a few other minor options. I'm waiting for that call telling me my ATS-V is ready for me to pick up. It's been a long haul following this car for 2 years.

About me? I grew up in San Fernando Valley, liked cars with forced induction. Aerospace engineer moved to Ventura Co. married a couple of times, had lots of cars, but liked forced induction most of all. My toy is a 1996 turbocharged Mitsubishi eclipse, aka DSM (Diamond Star Motor co) built in Normal Ill. Mine is very stealth, but much modified, even passes CA. smog check. They, along with the EVO's are amazing cars that have time and time again blown away more powerful cars. The AWD Eclipse's are hard to beat out of the hole and can do the 1/4 in the high 7's at 190+ mph, that's a lot for a 120 cu in. 4 banger.

Anticipated modifications? Water injection, it doesn't modify the engine, just let's run like it does on those cool foggy mornings with all that moisture suspended in the air and you say wow! I wish it ran like this all the time. Possibly a tune also

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there, "madjack", welcome to the ATS-V community.

You mention water injection...now, are you going to use water/alcohol injection or just water? Also, what system are you considering?

Good hunting...for M3s that is.

Too good to be true

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]Ordered my car @ Bunnin on a Saturday, 7th of November. Friday 20th of November, I contacted Juan at Bunnin and was told my car has been assigned a "Broadcast Code" of 3400. Now the definition I have for code 3400 is "Order broadcasted for production, loaded on assembly plant computers". Alongside there's the following note " should take about 24 man hours to build." Nooo way, can't be true, 10 working days since order, no point in me getting all excited. [/FONT]<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->

For those who haven't been reading the thread on dyno testing started by "Djason", take a look it's pretty interesting.

While I'm into performance enhancements just as much as anyone else, I'm not rushing around the shop yelling "More power, Scotty!" just yet.

Yeah, I've seen ATS-V chassis dyno tests around the Internet along, "Djason's" testing thread here on the V-Net and I've downloaded and read my LF4 engine controls calibration and I agree–GM has "left some stuff on the table" as far as calibration, but for now, performance-wise, I'm happy with the car as it is. A good part of that is because my Wife and I, also, own a few Corvettes and two of them, a 2012 Z06/Z07 and a 1971 Big-Block Coupe with a blown motor, are occupying my hot rodding time right now, so, as far as the ATS-V goes, other than putting an Odyssey Battery in the car, installing some colder Denso Iridium Power spark plugs, possibly some different air filters and changing the trans fluid to a new Dexron 6 synthetic ATF the Joe Gibbs Driven brand is developing, I don't have any immediate plans to increase the performance of my LF4 beyond what I've already done with Gibbs Driven LS30 engine oil and Gibbs Driven 75W110 gear lubricant in my ATS-V's rear drive axle. With LS30, the Joe Gibbs Racing folks and I have begun an oil analysis program. At every oil change, Gibbs Driven will have a sample of LS30 I supply analyzed by "Carolina CAT" a Caterpillar Dealer down in North Carolina which runs an oil analysis laboratory. Each time we sample the oil, I'll report on the findings

I am getting ready to do some "convenience and durability mods" to "Pearl the Bimmer Buster". The first is the application of paint protection film (PPF) to the car's front end, sideview mirrors and rocker panels. Some call this a "Clear Bra". The PPF I'm going to use is made by Xpel Technologies Corporation of San Antonio, Texas. For a number of years 3M's "Scotchcal" owned the PPF market but nothing stops the march of technology and in recent years, the Xpel people, though a combination of a better product, a more varied product line and marketing more responsive to the needs of their dealers and installers, Xpel has become the market leader in paint protection film installations on high-end applications such as Corvettes, Cadillac V-Series and other performance cars.

The Xpel product we're going to use on Pearl is called "Ultimate" and is one of four brands of PPF that Xpel markets. XPEL's ULTIMATE PPF provides a new level durability and clarity not previously available in the market. One reason for this is Ultimate's proprietary "four-layer" design. According to Xpel's web site, these layers are as follows:
1) 0.5-mil low-surface-energy urethane clear coast
2) 6-mil polyurethane formulated for memory when it's stretched
3) 1.6-mil clear acrylic copolymer which is engineered to stick on automotive exterior finishes but also have rework- and removal-ability.
4) 2 mil polyester release liner.

With its low surface energy, ULTIMATE tends to "shed" contaminants that may stain or yellow other PPFs. In addition, the clear coat employs special elastomeric polymers that "heal" over time eliminating swirl marks and other fine scratches without having to do anything.

The product has a 10-year warranty against, yellowing, cracking, peeling, staining, and hazing, and this warranty covers parts and labor. In the vast majority of situations, Xpel ULTIMATE is not a DIY product. Xpel has a network of factory-trained and experienced installers who apply it's products and in most cases we recommend those installers do the work.

Next Tuesday, we're taking "Pearl the Bimmer Buster" to Transhine Auto Detailing in Whitter, California to have Xpel PPF installed. Transhine, run by long-time PPF installer, Bill DeBever, has been doing paint protection film installations on my project vehicles for the last seven years. DeBever's Transhine has been in the PPF installation business since the process was introduced to the automotive market in the early '00s. I'll have more info and a few installation photos to post after the installation is finished.

The other accessories I'm going to put on my ATS-V are an assortment of products made by WeatherTech, but before I get into that, I should disclose that I made a post about WeatherTech products on another Cadillac forum and some members there felt I was shilling for the WeatherTech brand. In fact, I don't for McNeil IP LLC, the company which makes and markets WeatherTech Products nor does McNeil pay me to endorse their stuff.

The only reason I talk about them in this Blog is I've used them for a number of years in my other cars. I like their practicality, their durability and that the vast majority of them are made in USA. For ATS-V owners looking for floor mats and the other products McNeil makes, I think the WeatherTech brand makes good sense.

For my ATS-V, I've ordered a set of WeatherTech Floor Liners. A Floor Liner is a very durable plastic "insert" which goes into the footwells of an ATS-V or other car. They fit very precisely and are just the thing for a car that's in daily driver service or is used for long road trips. For people who like the feeling or appearance of carpets, Floor Liners are not a good choice. In fact, on the other Cadillac forum there was even one member who said that he felt that they were unattractive and weren't appropriate for a car like a Cadillac. Actually...I can understand that viewpoint and accept there are people who would see a Floor Liner as an abomination in a luxury automobile.

But, that's not me. I like WeatherTech Floor Liners partially because of the sort of "industrial look" they give the footwels. I also like them because they make the interior of a car which is in daily use much easier to keep clean. If a Floor Liner gets dirty, muddy or full of debris, you just lift it out, flip it over shake it and put it back in. Once I go to sell the car, if I so choose, I can take the Floor Liner out, and have the carpet underneath in excellent condition. I put the OE floor mats back in an–viola–instant increase in asking price because the floors look so good. We also going to put a WeatherTech Cargo Mat in the trunk. Say we go over to Home Depot to buy some stuff to plant in the yard. If we get some dirt on the truck floor, we pull out the Cargo Mat, shake off the dirt and put it back in.

Another WeatherTech product I've used for years on our other vehicles is "LampGuard". They are adhesive-backed sections of thick Urethane film which go on the exterior of the headlamp assemblies. They prevent oxidation along with damage from small stones, gravel and other road debris. When you consider the amount of work it takes to restore a plastic headlamp assembly or the cost of replacing them if they get "sand blasted", WeatherTech LampGards are cheap insurance.

A new WeatherTech product I decided to try for the first time in my ATS-V is called a "TechShade". At first when the McNeil people told me about these things I was skeptic because you can buy folding, reflective shades for windshield from lots of sources for a lot less money. But then I was reading on the WeatherTech web site that these are a custom fit and that they cool in the summer then, in places which get really cold in the winter, can be flipped over to reverse side which absorbs heat in cold weather and can reduce and, in come cases, even prevent frost build-up. Admittedly, where I live, it almost never gets cold enough for frost to form on the glass, but I like the idea of a custom-fitted sun shade. When deployed, the TechShade looks a hell of a lot better than the first universal fit shade I bought at a department store. Plus, the quality of the materials WeatherTech uses appear to be much better than what's used in a mass-marketed, universal fit product.

So...Xpel and WeatherTech are my ATS-V shopping spree for this week.

Last edited:
Agree with everything in your post Hal...I'm not in a huge hurry to start modding but I see somethings that an be improved on pretty easily and hate to see so much left on the table. After my track rental in December I'll probably start with the tune and DP's. I'll wait for a good, quality CAI that I hope my guys at Motorsport Technologies will bring to market. You're right I won't trust just anyone with tuning the car. The LF4 is a different animal for sure.

One thing I've noticed though...I don't like the inconsistency I feel at different times during changing weather conditions, air quality, etc. It's more pronounced than I remember any of my previous FI cars to be. Today is a great example. PERFECT day here in Houston. Low humidity and in the 40's when I woke up. Took the car for a spin later in the morning. Was in the low to mid 50's. Got all the op temps up and made a few hits. Saw 10lbs of boost max on several passes. I was like WTH? Its seems the ECU is reading the better air quality, DA (I'm at sea level), etc. and pulls back on the reigns a bit which is ridiculous IMO.

I understand the "marketing" behind the cars being able to make the same power at sea level and then in higher elevations and lower air quality but come on...why hinder the cars abilities when and where it should be making its best numbers?

Not sure if that's the case but it sure seems like it to me. Would love to see a consistent 18-20lbs of boost every time I'm in the car. The most I've ever seen is 14 and I think touched 15 once a couple weeks back but never held 14 or 15lbs. Usually settles in around 12lbs. Tune, DP's and CAI should give me what I'm looking for and still keep perfect drivability.

I'll be doing the Xpel clear bra next week as well. Had great luck with it on my Z06.

Last edited:
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->Ordered my car @ Bunnin on a Saturday, 7th of November. Friday 20th of November, I contacted Juan at Bunnin and was told my car has been assigned a "Broadcast Code" of 3400. Now the definition I have for code 3400 is "Order broadcasted for production, loaded on assembly plant computers". Alongside there's the following note " should take about 24 man hours to build." Nooo way, can't be true, 10 working days since order, no point in me getting all excited. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->

My guess is you are not going to have to wait nearly as long as some of use who ordered cars last Spring. I think part of the long delay for my car and others was they were pretty early in production and GM had some "bugs" to work out of ATS-V production.

Keep us updated on how your order progresses. While my car was on-order, I found Juan Miller very good at communicating the car's status to me.

(snip)

Not sure if that's the case but it sure seems like it to me. Would love to see a consistent 18-20lbs of boost every time I'm in the car. The most I've ever seen is 14 and I think touched 15 once a couple weeks back but never held 14 or 15lbs. Usually settles in around 12lbs. Tune, DP's and CAI should give me what I'm looking for and still keep perfect drivability.

I'll be doing the Xpel clear bra next week as well. Had great luck with it on my Z06.

I don't think you'll ever see 18-20 from stock turbos and their associated hardware. The people at GM Powertrain told me the turbochargers are capible of maximum boost of 18-psi but that's not what they can do when installed on the engine. That said, proper calibration will help as will a well-engineered air filter assembly and associated plumbing.

As for those down-pipes...if we're talking about the ones discussed by NewEra Performance, they don't have cats and any set of down pipes with no cats is going to make for a significant increase. Unfortunately, where I live, in the People's Demokratic Republik of Kalifornia, going without cats is asking for trouble. In fact, it's looking like some of the "fall-out" from the VW diesel scandal is that California may restart it's program of unannounced, roadside emissions testing using remote sensing devices on freeway onramps.:frown:

I don't think you'll ever see 18-20 from stock turbos and their associated hardware. The people at GM Powertrain told me the turbochargers are capible of maximum boost of 18-psi but that's not what they can do when installed on the engine. That said, proper calibration will help as will a well-engineered air filter assembly and associated plumbing.

As for those down-pipes...if we're talking about the ones discussed by NewEra Performance, they don't have cats and any set of down pipes with no cats is going to make for a significant increase. Unfortunately, where I live, in the People's Demokratic Republik of Kalifornia, going without cats is asking for trouble. In fact, it's looking like some of the "fall-out" from the VW diesel scandal is that California may restart it's program of unannounced, roadside emissions testing using remote sensing devices on freeway onramps.:frown:

LOL...good ole' Cali. My gf just moved back to Texas after 15 years in the Woodland Hills area (San Fernando Valley). I absolutely loved visiting the area but don't think I could live/afford to be out there and live as comfortably as I do here in the good ole state of Texas!

How the hell can Mr. Leno get away with driving/registering/insuring all of his collection when we all know most would never pass Cali emissions? Wait never mind...lol

I see Mike (NewEra) was able to get 18-20lbs from his tuning, DP's and CAI. And possibly a better set of cold pipes as the stock ones may tend to collapse under that much boost. Looks like it holds 18-20lbs through the runs so it seems doable with the stock turbos. If I can get at least 16-18 lbs consistently I think I'd be happy with that. Not interested in finding the limits of the stock set up.

Once I get everything lined out after my track event in December I'll be posting more findings and of course some dyno numbers to compare. 550rw is my goal and seems to be very doable with stock drivability.

That would be close to CTS-V territory in a smaller, more nimble, better handling Caddy. Should be FUN!

LOL...good ole' Cali. My gf just moved back to Texas after 15 years in the Woodland Hills area (San Fernando Valley). I absolutely loved visiting the area but don't think I could live/afford to be out there and live as comfortably as I do here in the good ole state of Texas!

How the hell can Mr. Leno get away with driving/registering/insuring all of his collection when we all know most would never pass Cali emissions? Wait never mind...lol

I've been to the Big-Dog garage a couple of times and from what I remember of the collection, the stuff that is likely unable to pass is probably exempt, either because of the age or because they are specially constructed vehicles. As for the ones which are not exempt, in state with a strong anti-car and anti-wealth political system like California, I doubt Leno has any "special deal" that gets him out of the Smog Check. My guess is the few of them which are not exempt and won't pass are not currently registered. If someone is driving them and gets stopped, he can well-afford to just pay the fine.

I see Mike (NewEra) was able to get 18-20lbs from his tuning, DP's and CAI.

Interesting. I was led to believe by GM Powertrain that those turbos were limited to 18-psi by hardware but I may have misunderstood the Powertrain guys.

And possibly a better set of cold pipes as the stock ones may tend to collapse under that much boost. Looks like it holds 18-20lbs through the runs so it seems doable with the stock turbos.

When you say the cold pipes tend to collapse...what do you mean by that?

If I can get at least 16-18 lbs consistently I think I'd be happy with that. Not interested in finding the limits of the stock set up.

Could have fooled me.
:chuckle:

Once I get everything lined out after my track event in December I'll be posting more findings and of course some dyno numbers to compare.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your track day. Which track do you run?

550rw is my goal and seems to be very doable with stock drivability. That would be close to CTS-V territory in a smaller, more nimble, better handling Caddy. Should be FUN!

550 at the wheels is just shy of 650 at the flywheel or nearly a 40% increase. My guess is that's unachievable unless you come up with a better high-pressure fuel pump.

What kind of gasoline will you run at that power level?

Last edited:
550 at the wheels is just shy of 650 at the flywheel or nearly a 40% increase. My guess is that's unachievable unless you come up with a better high-pressure fuel pump.

Those kinds of gains are not uncommon in modern engines, but most everyone's experience is not with direct injection, so we will have to see.

I've been to the Big-Dog garage a couple of times and from what I remember of the collection, the stuff that is likely unable to pass is probably exempt, either because of the age or because they are specially constructed vehicles.

Jealous...very jealous. Might have to hit you up next time I'm in Cali to get the inside scoop. Would love to tour his place.

Interesting. I was led to believe by GM Powertrain that those turbos were limited to 18-psi by hardware but I may have misunderstood the Powertrain guys.

Yeah Mike has seen 21 or 22 lbs but backed off as fuel pressure seemed to drop a bit so he backed it down to 18-20.

When you say the cold pipes tend to collapse...what do you mean by that?

Cold side meaning all the intake side (factory intake tubing)

Could have fooled me.
:chuckle:

LOL...

I'm looking forward to hearing about your track day. Which track do you run?

I'll be at the former Houston Raceway Park now Royal Purple Raceway.

Looks like it's very achievable with what I've seen using the stock fuel system. I'll know for sure in a few weeks.

Good ole' 93 oct. We seem to think Meth will be a good addition down the road as well. May look into that before the Texas summer rolls back around.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I got my WeatherTech FloorLiners (PN 444971, 444972) and CargoLiner (PN 40594) installed. Actually, WeatherTech's web site does list the 2016 ATS-V in its application choices. I ordered them for a standard 2015 ATS. Turns out, the footwells for an ATS and an ATS-V are the same. They are available in two colors, black and tan. We ordered black. The installation was simple. We took them out of the boxes and dropped them into the front and rear footwells. The fit was perfect!

Here's the full set:
ATSVmats3.jpg

Here's how the a FloorLiner in the driver's footwell looks:
ATSVmats1.jpg

...and here's how the CargoLiner looks:
ATSVmats2.jpg

I, also, decided to try a "TechShade" from WeatherTech (PN TS0261). I was skeptical of why someone needs a sunshade which costs 50 bucks, but I knew, if I wasn't satisfied, I could just send it back. After installing it, I'm a believer. First, they are an exact fit for the windshield. There is no uncovered glass nor any sloppy-looking overlap typical of universal or "semi-universal" fit shades. There's no acordian folds hanging down, either. When you unroll the TechShade, it fits flat on the glass. Finally, the product is "dual-mode". It can be used reflective-side-out in the summer to reduce heat radiation into the interior, or, in the winter, if you live where it freezes at night, you can use it black-side-out to absorb heat and resist or eliminate the formation of frost or ice on the windshield.

Here's how the TechShade looks on an ATS-V:
ATSVshade.jpg

I'm pretty happy with how the WeatherTech stuff worked out. Let me know what you think.

As for the Xpel Ultimate paint protection film...well...I had to cancel my Xpel installation appointment at Transhine Auto Detailing due to a photographic equipment failure I discovered the night before. This piece of equipment is out of service being repaired and will be ready in a week. We rescheduled the Xpel installation for the 8th of December.

Last edited:
Looks great Hib...thought about something similar but decided on another set of custom Lloyds floor and trunk mats with the V series logo. We don't get the sloppy winter weather here in S. Texas as many do up north. Was super happy with them in my Z06.

welcome to the ATS-V community.

Hib, answering your Water Injection (WI) questions.

"You mention water injection...now, are you going to use water/alcohol injection or just water?"

'll probably use a water/20% methanol mix. Why? Tuning for water and 20% methanol is relatively easy, since the demand usually only comes @ wide open throttle and very little fuel (methanol) is added.Water is usually 25% of your fuel injector flow and the methanol would only be 20% of the total mix. Higher % of methanol/alcohol (fuel) can cause tuning problems because you are adding more fuel and would probably need a modification to the ECU or a piggy back controller.

"Also, what system are you considering?"

In 2002 when I first got interested in WI there wasn't much available except Aquamist's systems. They were the WI gold standard for road racing, but very expensive $455.00 (2002) for a pump alone. The others were generic systems that required much modification. Like you, being a resident of the People's Demokratic Republik of Kalifornia, I have to keep my system's stealth. I've made a couple and will probably do so once more. One of the reasons for buying this car is so I have a car that performs well and I don't have to hide modifications. On second thought I'll have to hide the WI won't I?

There are decades of WI experience & volumes of data that explain the subject better than me. If anyone is interested I'll go dig out my 3" binder on the subject and check to see if any of the old forums are still around.

A bit of trivia from a reliable source. During WWII water/alcohol injection was used by the military on forced induction aircraft flying at high altitude. Also Buick's V6 Turbo Regal had a "Power Injection" light on the dash & a like location in the fuse box, unfortunately Buick's WI system never went into production.

Hib, answering your Water Injection (WI) questions.

"You mention water injection...now, are you going to use water/alcohol injection or just water?"

'll probably use a water/20% methanol mix. Why? Tuning for water and 20% methanol is relatively easy, since the demand usually only comes @ wide open throttle and very little fuel (methanol) is added.Water is usually 25% of your fuel injector flow and the methanol would only be 20% of the total mix. Higher % of methanol/alcohol (fuel) can cause tuning problems because you are adding more fuel and would probably need a modification to the ECU or a piggy back controller.
When you say "Water is usually 25% of your fuel injector flow.." are you talking about the engine's fuel injectors or are you talking about the injector(s) used by the water injection?

"Also, what system are you considering?"

In 2002 when I first got interested in WI there wasn't much available except Aquamist's systems. They were the WI gold standard for road racing, but very expensive $455.00 (2002) for a pump alone. The others were generic systems that required much modification.
Have you looked at the Banks water/alcohol injection?

Like you, being a resident of the People's Demokratic Republik of Kalifornia, I have to keep my system's stealth. I've made a couple and will probably do so once more. One of the reasons for buying this car is so I have a car that performs well and I don't have to hide modifications. On second thought I'll have to hide the WI won't I?

What will be interesting is finding a place that is near the engine to hide a water/alcohol injection system.

There are decades of WI experience & volumes of data that explain the subject better than me. If anyone is interested I'll go dig out my 3" binder on the subject and check to see if any of the old forums are still around.

A bit of trivia from a reliable source. During WWII water/alcohol injection was used by the military on forced induction aircraft flying at high altitude. Also Buick's V6 Turbo Regal had a "Power Injection" light on the dash & a like location in the fuse box, unfortunately Buick's WI system never went into production.
I'm familiar with water/alcohol injection's history and development by the military in WW2. After use in WW2, it was common on military aircraft powered by reciprocating engines until the end of their service. Water/alcohol injection was also common on large, multi-engine civilian aircraft powered by recips, ie: Douglas DC-7s, Lockheed Constallations and so forth. Not only was water injection used on supercharged reciprocating engines, but it was, also, used in the early years of jet aircraft to improve take-off performance.

Fun fact: during WW2, not only did the military use water injection or water/alcohol injection as an antidetonat, but the military, especially the Germans, used nitrous oxide. It was first used by the Luftwaffe on Messerschmitt Bf 109s and later was used on a lot of German aircraft. The Brits also used nitrous oxide and even liquid oxygen injection. The U.S. did not use nitrous oxide other than on an experimental basis.

The Fairest Sandra the Red and I took the V-net's ATS-V test car to Henderson, Nevada and back last week. Went up there to take in one day of NASCAR's Champion's Week festivities in nearby Las Vegas and to visit my Mom.

Champion's Week is a big freakin' party for NASCAR drivers, teams and fans which takes place two weeks after the season-ending race at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Because of limited time off from work, we could only make one day, so we picked Thursday. The main events that day are: the "Victory Lap", when the cars of the 16 drivers who were in the Chase for the Sprint Cup "cruise" up and down the Las Vegas Strip and do burnouts at the two locations where they turn around. If you're into the whole burnout thing, it's a total blast to watch.:burnout:

18burnout.jpg
Sprint Cup Champion, Kyle Busch, at the wheel of the #18 M&Ms/Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota Camry, does his final burnout of the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup season on the Vegas Strip at the corner of Las Vegas Bl. and E. Harmon Av. Check out the Vegas Metro cop at far right. Probably the only time in his career he stood by watching while someone did a burnout in front of Planet Hollywood. Image: Sandy Rubel.

We also had tickets to the "After the Lap" show in the Pearl Theater at the Palms Resort just off the strip. This is an unscripted, mostly comedic but sometimes serious, Q-and-A session with the 16 Chase drivers. Asking the questions were cable TV personalities, Rutlege Wood and Courtney Hansen, along with Miss Sprint Cup, Madison Martin. We've been to After the Lap a couple of times and it's always a fun gig. Kyle Busch's amazing achievement in winning the 2015 Sprint Cup Championship along with the retirement of Jeff Gordon, made this After the Lap Show one to remember.

GordonHarvick.jpg
Four-time Sprint Cup Champion, Jeff Gordon (left), driver of the #24 Axalta/Hendrick Motorsports Chevy SS, talks about his retirement from NASCAR Sprint Cup Racing during the "After the Lap" Show. At right is 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, Kevin Harvick, driver of the #4 Budwiser/Stewart-Hass Racing Chevy SS. Image: Sandy Rubel.

As for our ATS-V, it was another, six-hour Henderson run in the "Bimmer Buster". This is the second time I've made that trip on a beautiful Winter day in the California high-desert. Most of the time, I cruised along between 75 and 85-mph. Fuel economy was in the high- to low-20s.

The little V, is a great road-trip car. The Recaro seats, with their wide range of adjustability, are quite comfortable, once you get all the adjustments the way you want them and get the tilt column set the way you like. For highway cruising, the best mode for the chassis controls is "Tour" even though it reduces the steering effort a little too much. ATS-Vs have some fairly high spring rates, but MagneRide comes to the rescue by damping low frequency ride movements such that the car rides quite nice on the highway. The high-frequency stuff, mainly a function of suspension bushings and tires, is still a bit harsh, but nothing the type of driver who should be buying an ATS-V will find uncomfortable. In fact, I think one reason Cadillac's V-series development team chose a non-run-falt tire was an RFT's inherent aggravation of high-frequency harshness. The combination of MR and non-RFTs is perfect for the ATS-V. My compliments to those who developed the car's ride.

Now that we've driven the car for nearly 4600 miles we've developed a few pet peeves:
1) The heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls in the center stack has some weird touch pad designations. "Auto" puts the HVAC into the automatic mode. Ok, I get that. "Off" however, is really not an "off switch". It toggles the system between "Auto" and "off" which made me feel like an idiot until I figured it out. The "off" pad should either be labeled "on-off" or with the on-off symbol, or the system software should be such that when you touch "off" the system goes off rather than toggling between on and off.

2) I have to admit, after several months of using the "Cadillac User Experience" or "CUE" so far, my "bonding" with CUE is a love-hate relationship. To my surprise, I actually like the navigation system. It works well. I really appreciate CUE's "weather" feature. The WiFi hotspot which comes with OnStar is wonderful.:worship: I like how CUE graphically portrays how the driver or passenger adjusts the air chambers in their Recaros. As I said above, I'm not enamored with HVAC controls and that extends to CUE's role in displaying them.

3) Some of those center stack touch bars, like "volume" are too sensitive. You can move your finger near the volume bar and volume changes. You don't even have to touch it. Also, in my experience, this is not a consistent problem. Sometimes I can simply change volume with my finger near the bar. Other times I must touch it. Perhaps its fluctuations in my aura driven by the phases of the moon and tides which cause that. Just sayin'...:chuckle:

4) The car still has a low-frequency, buzzing vibration coming from the rear of the car, :frown: however, on this second Henderson trip, I spent more time analyzing it. I hear/feel it most when the speed is 80-90-mph. Without some special equipment, I can't tell for sure, but my wildassed guess is this car has a prop shaft that just a tiny bit out of balance or maybe I've got a tire just a teeny-tiny bit out of balance.

The Bimmer Buster has freakin' killer brakes. Only brakes I've driven to date which are better are the carbon brakes on my '12 Z06. Whatever GM uses for brake pad material certainly emits a lot of dust and the gold chains types, who may buy the car for its image and performance potential but never actually use that potential, are not going to like how dirty the wheels get, however, I don't care. I just turn the hose on the wheels once a week. I want brakes which kick the asses of BMW Ms and Benz AMGs, so I'll take the dust, thank-you-very-much. Actually, I wish I could find the same pad material on a backing plate which would fit my 2001 Camaro, but...I digress.

I haven't had much chance to try out the car's at-limit ride-and-handing, but I can tell you that the electronic limited slip differential (eLSD) is freakin' awesome in the contribution it makes to ensuring optimal traction during high acceleration. It's a significant improvement over the limited slips we are used to driving in that it has a number of levels of slip between the two rear wheels ranging from "all slip," or an "open diff," to a "no slip", or a "locked diff". Having the large number of slip levels linked to the car's stability control system makes for some unique enhancements to the car's handling under maximum acceleration or maximum deceleration.

I like the dual-mode exhaust, but I wish I could hear the car more. I wish both modes were a little more authoritative. Also, I wish I could hear some intake noises, like the howl of a V6 induction in the mid-range and the occasional "wheeze" turbos make when you abruptly lift off a wide-open throttle. That brings me to the sound system's ability to enhance engine sounds. There's been some confusion about this feature, so, a while back, I emailed Cadillac's media relations Manager, Dave Caldwell about it and here is what Calwell said.
This (ability) has been somewhat exaggerated. All that system does is 'turn-down' certain noises. It attenuates some tones that are less pleasing so that other sounds are more consistently heard. It's quite subtle. There are no sounds which are not authentic. Nothing can be heard other than the naturally occurring sounds of the engine. It works if the audio system is off because it should be enabled when one is driving. Think of this like the conductor of an orchestra. He/she only has the musicians in front of him. He can balance the various instruments and players, but that's about it. Same for this feature. The real-world effect is subtle. When one is in 'Sport' or 'Track' mode, the affect is dialed-back even more and you hear closer to 100% (of the actual engine noise) for a more aggressive sound character. That's all that's happening.
I totally like the car's interior roominess. Ok, it's not a full-sized car, but for a compact, luxury sports sedan, it hauls around four adults in reasonable comfort. I also like the headroom but, then, I'm only 5'7". I'd like to hear what people 6' to 6'3" have to say.

I hate the car's front seat belts, but I've already bitched about that once in post #89. I also hate the car's temperature gauge, if you can call it that, but I've bitched about that, too, in post #82.

I constantly lust for the ATS-V's look. I like the car's rake. I like that the wheel opening fit tight around the tires. The front end is bad-assed. I like the front splitter and the rear fascia. Actually, I wish I had the more aggressive aero kit that comes with the track package, but the high cost scared me off. I, also, like how Cadillac goes the understated route on the badging on this car. Just a couple of small V-series emblems on the doors and one on the decklid. The BMW M3 drivers need to get close to read the "V" but they can't, so, when they get smoked;l they must be totally bewildered that their ass just got beat like a rented mule by a freakin' Cadillac.

Wednesday, is my rescheduled Xpel Ultimate PPF installation. Also, the oil life monitor is showing about 50%, so it's time to make an oil filter change. So far, the engine has not used any oil due to a combination of GM Powertrain's good build quality of the LF4 and my use of Gibbs Driven LS30, 5W30 engine oil.
Ok. That's it for now. Time for a cold beer.:beerchug:

Last edited:
Was down at Transhine Auto Detailing in Whittier yesterday afternoon and evening. I had them install Xpel Ultimate paint protection film on the front end, the first third of the hood, on the rocker panels and the lower few inches of the door. Took about six hours for Transhine's Bill DeBever to apply the entire Xpel Ultimate kit for ATS-Vs and after watching the work, once again I suggest that PPF kits like this are not really a DIY product unless said DIY already has experience applying PPF.

Also, this is my first experience with Xpel's product and I'm impressed with the smoothness of the top, "clear coat" layer of Xpel Ultimate PPF. The stuff really looks good on the car!

In the next week or so, I'm going to post a more in-depth article on Xpel Ultimate in the V-Net's product evaluation pages.

818.09.jpg

Last edited:
Had the car into Bunnin Cadillac this week so they can address my vibration problem. The Service Consultant took a ride with me and it didn't take long for him to agree with me. Between 75 and 85 mph, there is a vibration you can hear--a buzzing humm--and feel coming from the back of the car.

First step was to check the balance of the two rear tires. No problems found.:confused:

They gave us the car back for the rest of the week because of Christmas. Next week, they are going to inspect the rear drive axle and the prop shaft.

My guess is they are going to have to "instrument" the car to detect the source of the noise.

I'm still betting an out-of-balance driveshaft.

Merry Christmas everyone!
:beerchug:

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!