Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

A Dilemma, What Would you Do?

With you on that 100%. I'm on 2 lists at MSRP and if I'm fortunate enough to get an allocation I will remove myself from the other list. The only thing that bugs me more than dealers charging over MSRP is people buying cars from dealers selling at MSRP simply to flip them. Both actions prevent enthusiasts who actually want to own and use these cars from acquiring them at prices that GM felt was appropriate.
I’m 100% not condoning someone buying something at MSRP just to flip it, this isn’t the same case IMO. As he does actually want the car but just can’t get it the exact way he wants. I would hate to see someone who really and truly wants the car pass and not get the opportunity for another 2 years.

That being said and the end of the day I’m still less upset about individuals buying to sell above sticker than I am about dealerships auctioning allocations or wanting ADM. GM left plenty of meat on the bone and I bet most of these places haven’t sold a car at less than MSRP since late 2020.

If it were me, I’d take the ‘22 and get the ‘22 “discount.” I like Shadow but for me personally, the interior color would be important. Black interior is a non starter for me.

I don’t have a big issue with the black seats, other than they can get hot in Arizona. My current AMG has Nut Brown seats with black headliner and I prefer that over black. But the entire seats are one color. I’m not a big fan of the Cadillac two-tone tan seats or the two-tone Sky. So that leaves me with the only solid color being black.

@rubberduck .....we both know this dealer. I've lost some respect for them. I was number one, but wouldn't give up CF1 and 2 and seats. I lost.

Are you sure about price? Their deal was order at list, buy "stock" at $7500 ADM. Or has that changed? There's still no guarantee you'll get an allocation from them, though they still have 3 (?) 2022's coming in, so, you might.

Being stubborn, I'd wait and get what you want. That backfired on me, but, oh well. If you wait, I think the market will come back, but rates will be up too. I'd love the carbon backed seats. I'd also like CF1.

And why would they cancel your order? Maybe change it some for stock. I think they're a bit goofy.

I'd say if you don't track the car then it's a no brainer to take the 22 car if they are doing sticker.

The 23 carbon seats are 2k more and combined with the 7k increase in MSRP you are bascially getting the carbon ceramics brakes for free. Or getting the top tier seats for free and some cash on top.

If I had to do it all over again I'd probably order the CCBs. My experience with my 5BW is that its suspension does not control its unsprung weight well in corners and bumps especially compared to the X3M comp we have, which makes no sense. The only explanation I can think of is that the engineers tuned the shocks for the CCBs weight and left it the same for the steel brakes that are 60+ pounds heavier.

Also that reduction in rotational mass seems to really show up in acceleration testing. CCB CT5 blackwings will trap up to 127 to 128mph manual or auto whereas I've not seen too many traps over 124ish for the steel braked cars. 3 to 4mph in the 1/4 mile is a significant difference, equivalent to what about 60 extra hp would get you based on 1/4 calculators.

The biggest issue against the CCBs is replacement costs if you do track work, which combine with the lack of PDR makes waiting for the 23 make more sense. If you aren't going to do much track work I think taking the current car is a much much better option.

Last edited:
@rubberduck .....we both know this dealer. I've lost some respect for them. I was number one, but wouldn't give up CF1 and 2 and seats. I lost.

Are you sure about price? Their deal was order at list, buy "stock" at $7500 ADM. Or has that changed? There's still no guarantee you'll get an allocation from them, though they still have 3 (?) 2022's coming in, so, you might.
And why would they cancel your order? Maybe change it some for stock. I think they're a bit goofy.
So, I need to correct myself going back and recalling the 3 phone calls I had yesterday. They never said explicitly that I couldn’t order another one. But used words like instead of your 2023 order. So at their discretion they could but me at the back of the queue for 2023. We never got far enough to discuss that and quite frankly I wasn’t thinking that far ahead. I was looking at it like one or the other. There was also no mention of charging me an ADM. But, we all know that the sales manager can do whatever he wants since the only agreement we had was on my order, not an in-stock order.

Hopefully by this morning I’ll know the status of things. I have lost some trust do to the way things were handled yesterday. But, I think most of this has to do with the sales person being new and inexperienced. For something as important as this I think the sales manager should’ve been making the phone calls to avoid confusion and have a single point of control.

For something as important as this I think the sales manager should’ve been making the phone calls to avoid confusion and have a single point of control.
I agree with this 100%.. GM doesn't seem to think a severely limited sports sedan deserves special treatment but the dealer should treat it that way. Make sure things are clear cut and concise. No room for confusion at the price these cost and the limited numbers available

I'd say if you don't track the car then it's a no brainer to take the 22 car if they are doing sticker.

The 23 carbon seats are 2k more and combined with the 7k increase in MSRP you are bascially getting the carbon ceramics brakes for free. Or getting the top tier seats for free and some cash on top.

If I had to do it all over again I'd probably order the CCBs. My experience with my 5BW is that its suspension does not control its unsprung weight well in corners and bumps especially compared to the X3M comp we have, which makes no sense. The only explanation I can think of is that the engineers tuned the shocks for the CCBs weight and left it the same for the steel brakes that are 60+ pounds heavier.

Also that reduction in rotational mass seems to really show up in acceleration testing. CCB CT5 blackwings will trap up to 127 to 128mph manual or auto whereas I've not seen too many traps over 124ish for the steel braked cars. 3 to 4mph in the 1/4 mile is a significant difference, equivalent to what about 60 extra hp would get you based on 1/4 calculators.

The biggest issue against the CCBs is replacement costs if you do track work, which combine with the lack of PDR makes waiting for the 23 make more sense. If you aren't going to do much track work I think taking the current car is a much much better option.
These are all good points. With the 2023 price increase I'm essentially getting the CCBs for free versus 2023 pricing. And who knows if those will be on constraint. Sale guy called today and said I can get the car at MSRP. I'm going down in a little bit to hopefully work out the details.

What is a reissue VIN?
Doesn't really mean anything. A lot of the stickers come out that way.

Good luck to you, and get EVERYTHING in writing. Can't believe those bastards are selling at list to you. If they would have done that on a stock unit for me, I'd have a white 5 in the garage now.

I have the PDR on my 4 and love it. Runs all the time, awesome camera resolution. I wish I could order that on a GM truck (or any vehicle) for $1600. But, if you can get this car at MSRP, do it. You can trade later and likely lose nothing (I would not advise that on a 4, but on a 5, should be easy).

Sale guy called today and said I can get the car at MSRP. I'm going down in a little bit to hopefully work out the details.
Sorry was driving and missed this.. Congrats on the pickup! Maybe you'll find someone local to swap seats with. Maybe you'll get even luckier and find someone to swap brakes with. Both of those items plus cash and you could get a smoking deal on a 5BW LOL

Doesn't really mean anything. A lot of the stickers come out that way.

Good luck to you, and get EVERYTHING in writing. Can't believe those bastards are selling at list to you. If they would have done that on a stock unit for me, I'd have a white 5 in the garage now.
Well on the phone that’s what I was told. Going down to the dealer in an hour and we’ll see what happens.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back