Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

A Dilemma, What Would you Do?

rubberduck

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
22 CT5V BW Shadow Metallic 6M
So, my dealer calls me today and offered me an incoming 22 5BW that the customer backed out of. I have an order in play for a 2023 Midnight Steel 5BW, and barring anything weird, I am assured to get that.

It has most of the things I wanted, Shadow Metallic, 6M, no sunroof, parking pkg. It is missing the PDR which I really wanted. And it has things I don't want, Carbon Ceramic brakes and the Carbon fiber backed seats.

My first thought was to be patient and wait for the 2023. I can swing it, but my financial condition has taken a pretty big hit since January, like many of us. I'm hoping in 8 months from now things will be better, but they could also be worse. [insert political comment here].

So, what would you do?

I think if it had the PDR if would be a tougher decision. I don't have anything against the other options, except the car is more expensive, but so will a 2023. Maybe I just like being in the rodeo too much to leave?

Last edited:
I’ll be in the “buy it and sell it” camp until things normalize a bit. Obviously this viewpoint won’t be right for every car, But I think it’s safe on a 5BW.

Rather have one to drive while waiting. No telling how long the 2023 wait might be

Question about PDR.. Are you tracking the car?
I'm not sure at this moment that I will other than the drag strip. I was under the impression that the surround video system was somehow different on the PDR cars. I read a thread about it, need to go back and re-read that.
Edit: It's the parking package that has the SVR in the trunk, nothing to do with PDR.

Last edited:
Will they sell you the incoming and still let you keep the car on order until the recieve an allocation? How many people ahead of you with this dealer? I just stumbeled on a 5BW at MSRP and took delivery a week ago, it was not my color choice but it was at least a manual. I still have orders with 2 other dealers for the color and options I want and judging by the market on these cars i would have no problem selling the current car and breaking even on the new one.
Personally I say take the incoming unit, the car is an absolutely beautiful machine.

I'm not sure at this moment that I will other than the drag strip. I was under the impression that the surround video system was somehow different on the PDR cars. I read a thread about it, need to go back and re-read that.
Edit: It's the parking package that has the SVR in the trunk, nothing to do with PDR.
So you don't actually need the PDR for the feature you're after?

Asking because I'm sure you can find someone who wanted the carbon brakes and carbon seats but got hit with constraints. You could probably get a little money back now and get it all back later when you got your exact build. Just a thought

Will they sell you the incoming and still let you keep the car on order until the recieve an allocation? How many people ahead of you with this dealer? I just stumbeled on a 5BW at MSRP and took delivery a week ago, it was not my color choice but it was at least a manual. I still have orders with 2 other dealers for the color and options I want and judging by the market on these cars i would have no problem selling the current car and breaking even on the new one.
No I wouldn’t be able to keep the 2023 order spot. I visited the dealer 3 times since I ordered in February in an effort to develop a rapport with them. They are selling to me at MSRP while no other dealers in Arizona will. If they knew I was going to flip the car, which I was not, they wouldn’t sell it to me at MSRP. I’m number 2 or 3 in line and I should get an order allocation this year.

My time is worth a lot more to me that using it trying to track down a car across the country, so I’m not going to be looking much away from home my territory. So whatever 5BW I buy that’s it, I’m just keeping it.

So does this one have everything you wanted plus a little more or is it missing a ton of options? I know you mentioned PDR but sounds like you figured out you don’t need PDR. It’s the color you wanted, im assuming?

No I wouldn’t be able to keep the 2023 order spot. I visited the dealer 3 times since I ordered in February in an effort to develop a rapport with them. They are selling to me at MSRP while no other dealers in Arizona will. If they knew I was going to flip the car, which I was not, they wouldn’t sell it to me at MSRP. I’m number 2 or 3 in line and I should get an order allocation this year.

My time is worth a lot more to me that using it trying to track down a car across the country, so I’m not going to be looking much away from home my territory. So whatever 5BW I buy that’s it, I’m just keeping it.
With you on that 100%. I'm on 2 lists at MSRP and if I'm fortunate enough to get an allocation I will remove myself from the other list. The only thing that bugs me more than dealers charging over MSRP is people buying cars from dealers selling at MSRP simply to flip them. Both actions prevent enthusiasts who actually want to own and use these cars from acquiring them at prices that GM felt was appropriate.

The color is what I had in my 2022 order. Although now that I switched to Midnight Steel for 2023 I’m very excited about that. But, in the long run it doesn’t matter.

Sales guy called me later and apparently another sales guy also picked up on the incoming car with no buyer attached. Supposedly this guy is buying 3 vehicles from them and offering $7500 over MSRP on the 5BW. They’re giving him until tonight to commit to the deal. Seems like they are a little disorganized over there because I was also told I had until tonight to commit. I was in the middle of work at around 1:30 PM when I got the first message. By the time I got free at 4:30PM I was willing to buy. Doesn’t really matter much, I believe things always work out the way they’re supposed to work out.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back