Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

A Dilemma, What Would you Do?

Was at the dealer for 4+ hours today. Completing the deal tomorrow. They did the MSRP as they said they would. They added a window tinting charge of $400 which I knew about from my original order. But, there was another charge of $990 for PPS paint sealant. I tried for a long time to negotiate that to a ceramic coating, but since they do it in their detail shop, he didn’t think they’ll be able to do the ceramic. Instead they offered a 7 year wheel and tire warranty for the same price. For example, if I bent the wheel they would replace it at no cost to me. So in real terms I’m walking out of there with a $1K ADM.

The car should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Now for the best part, I can keep my position with my 2023 order. So while one rodeo may end soon, 5 months from the date I ordered in February, another one is beginning. At some point I will have two 5BWs. I feel like I’m beginning to get the hang of the rodeo.

Was at the dealer for 4+ hours today. Completing the deal tomorrow. They did the MSRP as they said they would. They added a window tinting charge of $400 which I knew about from my original order. But, there was another charge of $990 for PPS paint sealant. I tried for a long time to negotiate that to a ceramic coating, but since they do it in their detail shop, he didn’t think they’ll be able to do the ceramic. Instead they offered a 7 year wheel and tire warranty for the same price. For example, if I bent the wheel they would replace it at no cost to me. So in real terms I’m walking out of there with a $1K ADM.

The car should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Now for the best part, I can keep my position with my 2023 order. So while one rodeo may end soon, 5 months from the date I ordered in February, another one is beginning. At some point I will have two 5BWs. I feel like I’m beginning to get the hang of the rodeo.
Congrats! Sounds like you worked out something that will be beneficial in the long run. Can always relinquish the 2023 if you fall in love with how this one is equipped as well

Congrats! Sounds like you worked out something that will be beneficial in the long run. Can always relinquish the 2023 if you fall in love with how this one is equipped as well
Thank you. Yes, I could end up doing that. I’m not financing much of the 5BW, but I was able to get 3.19% through USAA. Hard to say where that will be in eight months from now, higher no doubt.

Last edited:
Thats fantastic news, Im in the same boat as you. Took a failed delivery from a customer who backed out. There is no way I loose any money getting a 5BW at sticker if my on order gets allocated at some point for 2023.

@rubberduck .......well, congrats to you! You will with out doubt have to PM me after you get it and we can get together and do lunch!

Other than that.......they are bastards. Sell you a cancelled order at list, wanted to sell to me a cancelled order at $7500 ADM. What's changed in 3 or 4 months other than MORE demand? It's not like BW's are crowding their lot. Maybe your cash is greener. I'm so pissed, but I'll let it go....maybe

@rubberduck .......well, congrats to you! You will with out doubt have to PM me after you get it and we can get together and do lunch!

Other than that.......they are bastards. Sell you a cancelled order at list, wanted to sell to me a cancelled order at $7500 ADM. What's changed in 3 or 4 months other than MORE demand? It's not like BW's are crowding their lot. Maybe your cash is greener. I'm so pissed, but I'll let it go....maybe
It's a bitch to watch market volatility and have to deal with the carnage. At some point you have to say "it is what it is" , make the best deal you can at the time and be ok with the aftermath.

@shbox .....I understand what you're saying, but we both have had "mixed" experiences with this dealer. The previous sales manager was awesome and he "got it". Easy to deal with, fair, wanted to foster relationships. Seems these "new" guys are either clueless, don't get it, or do what they want today verses yesterday. There is a lot more here that we haven't disclosed.

Sounds like you did a great job negotiating! You gotta get creative at times to put these deals together. Can't wait to see the photos!

@shbox .....I understand what you're saying, but we both have had "mixed" experiences with this dealer. The previous sales manager was awesome and he "got it". Easy to deal with, fair, wanted to foster relationships. Seems these "new" guys are either clueless, don't get it, or do what they want today verses yesterday. There is a lot more here that we haven't disclosed.
Oh, I know how this kind of stuff gets under the skin and especially when it has a monetary component. I'm not patting you on the head and saying everything is going to be ok. :) I'd like no better than for some of these people to gets some sense knocked into them. I don't know how to change the world as it is in a sorry state right now, but hopefully we will all persevere and those will get their due.

I don’t have any answers. I made it a point to go down to the dealership once a month to talk with them. I’m a firm believer in having face-to-face conversations to try to foster a business relationship. I also had no skin in the game. Meaning, I was OK either getting a car or not getting one. I try my best to not get attached to situations, and it’s not easy all the time, and I’m like everyone else, far from perfect. I also try to be fair and reasonable (I think I’ve read every James Allen book). Not saying that others are not, just speaking about my best attempt at life. I also mediate in the morning. That might be a good thing for anyone in the rodeo.

I'm not sure at this moment that I will other than the drag strip. I was under the impression that the surround video system was somehow different on the PDR cars. I read a thread about it, need to go back and re-read that.
Edit: It's the parking package that has the SVR in the trunk, nothing to do with PDR.
I'm confused - I thought the SVR was standard on all BWs, manual and auto. Is that not the case? My car (still at 3400) - is supposed to have the auto but since it's a manual, I don't believe parking pkg was an option...

I'm confused - I thought the SVR was standard on all BWs, manual and auto. Is that not the case? My car (still at 3400) - is supposed to have the auto but since it's a manual, I don't believe parking pkg was an option...
I’m not sure if the SVR is standard on all BWs. But it is listed as part of the Parking pkg which can be had on the M6. I had it on my original order and it is on the M6 car I just bought.

7C6D23F2-ECA6-4157-B34E-F757B8E339D8.jpeg

How is it possible to have surround vision without a rear camera?

How is it possible to have surround vision without a rear camera?
I should clarify- I don't have the camera on the shark fin, but it uses the one on the trunk.

Maybe that's the big difference. With PDR, you get the front camera (above the mirror), and with the parking package you get the rear camera on the shark fin. So they probably all have SVR but with varying cameras.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners