Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

500 miles

tateintx

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
So I pulled up to my office today at 498 miles. I am too dense to figure out a poll on here, but my question is: Do I listen to the tach and let er' rip at 500 or do I RTFM and stay out of it until 1500?
Miles.jpg

Just curious what everyone else is doing or has done.

No need to change the oil, those days are long gone.
Z06 Corvette with the LT4 required a 500 mile oil change, and I got some decent chunks of metal out of my pan at 500 miles, but if you aren't going to track the car, probably not important.

Attachments

• 2018_chevrolet_camaro_track_prep_guide-min.pdf
    66.5 KB · Views: 101
I know 1500 miles was for rear differential break in etc before tracking it...if people are doing their first oil change early, curious at what mileage?
Thanks

The owner's manual for the 4BW actually says the engine break-in period is 1,500 miles:

Follow these recommended guidelines during the first 1,500 mi of driving this vehicle. Parts have a break-in period and performance will be better in the long run.
  • Avoid full throttle starts and abrupt stops.
  • Do not exceed 4000 engine rpm.
  • Avoid driving at any one constant speed, fast or slow.
  • Do not drive above 129 km/h (80 mph).

Z06 Corvette with the LT4 required a 500 mile oil change, and I got some decent chunks of metal out of my pan at 500 miles, but if you aren't going to track the car, probably not important.
It's funny, I took my V3 for it's first oil change at about 1200 mi I think? I don't recall when it's supposed to be done per the maintenance schedule but the SA was like "uhhh you only have 1200 mi on it, you're going to have to pay for it..." My V didn't have the CF hood vent so I think he must have thought it was a standard CTS.

Dude, I'll pay for it, just change the oil. I got a rec for a different SA my for the next time I brought it in. That was my first Cadillac service experience.

The owner's manual for the 4BW actually says the engine break-in period is 1,500 miles:

Follow these recommended guidelines during the first 1,500 mi of driving this vehicle. Parts have a break-in period and performance will be better in the long run.

1658952961125.png

I RTFM'd it. If you can leave your family to other things and reconvene at dinner, it's an 'easy' 3 Saturday's work to get to it ;)

Same for 5BW

Whoops

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop