Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4Bw IMSA Edition-Decals, keep or remove?

Should I remove the decals?

• Yes

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
Removed the door decals and front splitter. Came off super easy, really no residue left behind. No heat used just pulled over on way to work this morning and picked at it a little, seemed easy and it was.
Hopefully I don't lose too much performance!!

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 140
  • D2.jpg
    D2.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 143
  • D3.jpg
    D3.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 145
Keep the details. It's literally the reason for the special edition. If you're going to take the decals off, just buy a "base" Blackwing and save the money. My two cents.

Keep the details. It's literally the reason for the special edition. If you're going to take the decals off, just buy a "base" Blackwing

Keep the details. It's literally the reason for the special edition. If you're going to take the decals off, just buy a "base" Blackwing and save the money. My two

Beautiful color, but removing those sticker/decals just cost you $10,000 in resale value, lol!
Thanks! The decals don't cost 10k to replace. Even without them I'm not worried about it effecting resale.

Keep the details. It's literally the reason for the special edition. If you're going to take the decals off, just buy a "base" Blackwing and save the money. My two cents.
Appreciate that. I bought the car for the color and carbon package. If the car was that special then I should not even be driving it much, but I will. I expected some people to not agree and I understand why for sure. The decals were just not my thing.

So which one is it?
When I was referring to the book value. If the books have an option or an "add" for the package then the cars book would benefit from that add. The car will always have the package per the vin. The decals are only going to matter to a specific client or dealership appraiser that really knows what they are looking at. (I personally think both are the minority). Unless the car was being treated as a true collector which this one will not, it's a daily driver.
To answer your question "Which one is it?"
1. I will use this car up to the point where a simple add in book value is all the benefit I might get. The decals wont matter at that point.
2.☝️Is why I'm not worried about the decals effecting resale

Last edited:
Here is the pricing on the decals for anyone this may help. I am sharing the true cost as well, just be aware a dealer most likely will not give you the dealer cost even if you know the amount.
The only thing missing is the hood decal as GM hasn't listed it yet. We have a call out to our GM rep and he is working on it . Will post it soon.

Attachments

• 20230831_112350.jpg
    20230831_112350.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 128
  • 20230831_112354.jpg
    20230831_112354.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 130
As we've discussed, as a fellow Sebring track edition owner, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to share this info. Thank you again!

Here is the pricing on the decals for anyone this may help. I am sharing the true cost as well, just be aware a dealer most likely will not give you the dealer cost even if you know the amount.
The only thing missing is the hood decal as GM hasn't listed it yet. We have a call out to our GM rep and he is working on it . Will post it soon.
They're the same across all 3 Track Editions?

I voted no as I’m not a sticker/decal guy (except for the occasional hood/full car stripe). Admittedly, I’m boring though to with how I like my cars to look (solid color/no chrome etc).

As we've discussed, as a fellow Sebring track edition owner, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to share this info. Thank you again!
No problem at all! Glad to meet someone else crazy enough to buy the IMSA Package😜. Enjoy the car, make sure to use wax free soap when washing it.

Any update to replacement decals matching for the other editions and a number for the hood? I'm looking to remove mine also and keep the replacements stored on a shelf...

I removed the hood decal from my WG edition but kept the rest. No regrets, I think it looks much better

Any update to replacement decals matching for the other editions and a number for the hood? I'm looking to remove mine also and keep the replacements stored on a shelf...
Dm me your last 8 of vin and I can find out.

The hood/doors and red imsa logos are all the same part number.
The track logo in 1/4 glass and rockers are edition specific. The rockers say the specific track in the decal.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back