Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4Bw IMSA Edition-Decals, keep or remove?

Should I remove the decals?

• Yes

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters

Tms1224

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23 4BW IMSA 6spd, 22 4BW A10, 21 Ct5 V
Recently Traded my 22 A10 for this 6spd. Having a hard time deciding if I should leave the decals or remove them?
Hood, doors, carbon skirts, lip and diffuser.
Maybe remove some or none?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 23bw1.jpg
    23bw1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 252
  • 23bw2.jpg
    23bw2.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 23bw3.jpg
    23bw3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 236
Recently Traded my 22 A10 for this 6spd. Having a hard time deciding if I should leave the decals or remove them?

Nice, love the color and definitely like this the most of all the special editions.

Still not a huge fan of the stripe pattern. I think the side stripes just stand out too much and distract from the lines of the car. The hood is relatively plain to start so that may help it stand out in a good way, but I'd personally prefer no stripe there either.

So I vote leave the IMSAs but nothing else. Not sure how hard it'd be to get the same decal later so might also be worth getting them now and making sure you know exactly where to put them back on if/when you sell

Nice, love the color and definitely like this the most of all the special editions.

Still not a huge fan of the stripe pattern. I think the side stripes just stand out too much and distract from the lines of the car. The hood is relatively plain to start so that may help it stand out in a good way, but I'd personally prefer no stripe there either.

So I vote leave the IMSAs but nothing else. Not sure how hard it'd be to get the same decal later so might also be worth getting them now and making sure you know exactly where to put them back on if/when you sell
Thanks! I agree the side decals are my gripe for sure.

Curious why you would buy the car knowing what it would have on it and then want to remove it. I know they are just stickers, but that is what intentionally sets the car apart. Plus, I would think any future value would be in its original configuration.

What’d you get for your 22 and how much did you pay for the Track Edition if you don’t mind me asking?

Curious why you would buy the car knowing what it would have on it and then want to remove it. I know they are just stickers, but that is what intentionally sets the car apart. Plus, I would think any future value would be in its original configuration.
My plan was to buy the car and remove the decals. I keep getting mixed reviews in person so I have not yet. I bought it because I like the color, carbon and 6 speed. This car will get driven daily so to me the book value increase for a added package is probably all I will benefit in the future.
I will look into replacement decals if available.

I wonder if the matte paint is going to cause any issues removing the decals. Any sort of imperfection left behind is going to be a pain in the ass to fix.

I personally wouldn't buy one of the track editions, but I'm of the opinion that you leave the package in tact. Personal taste notwithstanding, its a special car and deserves to live on in tact. #ownit!

Don't have an opinion on the decals, but you need some CF mirror caps.

I personally wouldn't buy one of the track editions, but I'm of the opinion that you leave the package in tact. Personal taste notwithstanding, its a special car and deserves to live on in tact. #ownit!
I thought the same originally but a fully loaded carbon car isn't that far off on price. Then add for the paint and it's close. I remember they had a matte green I think it was a $3-4k option.
The other 2 track car colors you really aren't gaining anything. Thanks for the #ownit! .. it's actually been helpful!

I wonder if the matte paint is going to cause any issues removing the decals. Any sort of imperfection left behind is going to be a pain in the ass to fix.
Any residue left behind can’t be buffed off and will require a chemical to remove.

You know of any available?

There are cheaper options as well, but you want full cover replacements. ATS-V uses the same caps as the CT4.

There are cheaper options as well, but you want full cover replacements. ATS-V uses the same caps as the CT4.
Thank you, those look great. Now lets see if I can get the cover off without breaking the glass

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back