Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2025 CT4V Blackwing?

I’m with you, except I’d switch Mazda Miata for Mazda RX-8.
I mostly wish the LF4 could rev more.
If it had a 7.2K redline (like the M4) that would be epic.
I test drove an MX-5 and although I loved driving it, the road/wind noise was excessive. I could see that being fatiguing over time. Is the 4BW reasonably quiet when driven normally?

Speaking of wind noise......I bought a 2022 Kia Telluride and drove it cross-country from NY to California. When I was driving across Texas, the roads were so long and straight, that at one point I actually set the cruise control to 106 mph ! While driving in a straight line and doing 106, it seemed like we were hardly moving. We were going so fast and the aerodynamics of the car actually made the passenger front window glass bow out where it wasn't seated properly and I had a huge wind noise coming into the car, I had to slow down to open and close the window to reseat it properly.

I’m with you, except I’d switch Mazda Miata for Mazda RX-8.
I mostly wish the LF4 could rev more.
If it had a 7.2K redline (like the M4) that would be epic.
Totally agree on the redline, especially considering that the lgx in base camaro gets 7.2k redline. I am in the mkt for a 4dr 6mt car with more than 6 cylinders. there are only 3 new cars on the market. 4bw, 5bw and the m3. I test drove a 6mt m2 (they didn't have a m3/m4 mt for test drive, should be close enough) and a 6mt 4bw. Both handle and steer extremely well and I would call them even in that department. The big difference is in the powertrain. The shifter in m2 feels just downright horrible compared to the 4bw, but the s58 is probably the best turbo 6 ever created (throttle response in high rev range better than the 3.0t in 992, almost feels naturally aspirated). a 4bw with s58 or a m3 with tremec would make me forget about the 5bw considering the huge price premium. If i have to choose between 4bw and m3 as they are, it would be the 4bw. The lf4 is decent, slightly laggy, rev a bit low. o btw the gauge on those new bmws are just stupid. I already dont like full digital gauge but at least 4bw has a round tachometer.

I test drove an MX-5 and although I loved driving it, the road/wind noise was excessive. I could see that being fatiguing over time. Is the 4BW reasonably quiet when driven normally?
Yes. The 4BW does the best “Jeckyll and Hyde” of any vehicle I have driven. Loud and rowdy when you ask it, refined and quiet when you don’t. The 4BW is very comfortable and quiet when you are cruising around in tour mode or with suspension and exhaust at lowest settings. The only road noise I really notice when cruising at 80mph in the 4BW is coming from the tires but that is probably because I have a dedicated winter tire on now, and a lot of that comes from the tire and road (it goes away almost completely on certain parts of the expressway).

We are already at 5 pages here talking about v6 vs v8 so why not add to it.

I am a random guy on the internet, so who cares about my opinion but here you go. I am a mechanical engineer by trade but on weekends I work as a driver/transporter for an exotic car consignment company. I have had the lucky ability to drive basically every car I can think of on public roads, and usually, since we are in an industrial area on the weekend (it is quiet) I can do some spirited (on public road) driving (don't take anything I am about to say about track driving)

I've owned a 06 GTO 6spd, a honda civic si 10th gen, an audi s4 (v6 turbo) and s5 (V6 Supercharged), I drove for a 500 mile road trip a hellcat, I have driven paganis, lambos, porches, you name it. Old and new. 1950s all the way to yesterdays brand new cars. Not saying I know everything, I don't, but just my 2 cents and my stupid "resume"
to attempt to justify my opinion.

Wherever you land on the V6 vs V8 discussion with this car is just a reflection on what you value. Don't take this as a shot against the v8 side of the arguement, but IMO if you knock the v6TT and want the v8 in the 4BW. its probably, deep down inside of you, for really only 3 reasons. 1. Saying you have a v8. 2. The sound/feel (more on that later) 3. MAYBE I can argue the powertrain "feel" and response, but honestly spending time with the v6TT, this is a weak argument IMO.

The engine in the 4VBWisn't a V8. But taking how many cylinders it has out of the picture, if I was able to magically put you in this car, have you drive is as hard as you wanted, without you knowing what engine it had, and you just focused on driving it (I think we can all agree that's what we care about, the driving experience) I don't think anyone would have a single complaint. For the money, I haven't ran into a better driving experience without making SIGNIFIGANT compromises on useability. My B8.5 Audi S5 with a v6 super charger tuned to all hell was close, but this car is so much better at "doing both". If you want this car to be less refined and more visceral, go grab a track exhaust and stiffer suspension.. I did that on my Audi s5 and the thing felt more violent than any v8 I have ever driven. It felt like it was trying to rip itself apart while I drove it. It was awesome (and a v6)

Long story short, let's appreciate the 4BW and the 5BW exsist. In two or three decades we may have 0 options like these two. They both exist, and personally, I think they both are on top of the all time great sedan mount Rushmore. And as my wallet suggests, I bought the 4 over the 5 for a reason :) Obviously the v8 is probably number 1 in all time car "things". But it doesn't mean you can like/love/admire a car ONLY if it has one.

Thanks for reading my opinion...which doesn't matter at all.

Also.....6 speed!!!!!!!!!!! Just needs to be said.

The engine in the 4VBWisn't a V8. But taking how many cylinders it has out of the picture, if I was able to magically put you in this car, have you drive is as hard as you wanted, without you knowing what engine it had, and you just focused on driving it (I think we can all agree that's what we care about, the driving experience) I don't think anyone would have a single complaint. For the money, I haven't ran into a better driving experience without making SIGNIFIGANT compromises on useability. My B8.5 Audi S5 with a v6 super charger tuned to all hell was close, but this car is so much better at "doing both". If you want this car to be less refined and more visceral, go grab a track exhaust and stiffer suspension.. I did that on my Audi s5 and the thing felt more violent than any v8 I have ever driven. It felt like it was trying to rip itself apart while I drove it. It was awesome (and a v6)

Long story short, let's appreciate the 4BW and the 5BW exsist. In two or three decades we may have 0 options like these two. They both exist, and personally, I think they both are on top of the all time great sedan mount Rushmore. And as my wallet suggests, I bought the 4 over the 5 for a reason :) Obviously the v8 is probably number 1 in all time car "things". But it doesn't mean you can like/love/admire a car ONLY if it has one.

Thanks for reading my opinion...which doesn't matter at all.

Also.....6 speed!!!!!!!!!!! Just needs to be said.
Agree with everything you said here (including the parts i didn't quote). Thanks for the post.

As much as a V8...and the CT5VBW would be great....the CTV4BW is my preference...for me. Mainly due to being somewhat smaller, lighter and a bit more nimble. I value these things over the extra power (and better sound).

I also had a Biturbo V6 B5 S4 (Avant) that was Stage 3 tuned with heavy suspension mods...only sold it about 3 years ago. That car was a beast. Almost impossible to wheelspin in any conditions (but snow and ice....and even then it was grip grip grip and the Vredstein snow tires). Accelerate and it would grab you to the road and just go like crazy...significantly quicker than the CTV4BW off the line.(but probably not up top....debatable). It also handled great.

All that being said CTV4BW and the Audi are similar in some ways...but (aside from the benefits of AWD and the great utility of a wagon) the Caddy is clearly the better driving car and the better car in almost every way. It doesn't need a V8 - the engine is great. The chassis (and suspension setup) is just amazing, steering, clutch and transmission and creature comforts and features are outstanding IMO. Caddy just got about everything right with this car.

Two dudes on the internet agree! Call the presses! lol thanks Roadhawk. Can't wait to be daily driving mine everday. Scheduled build week for me is next week!!!

Two dudes on the internet agree! Call the presses! lol thanks Roadhawk. Can't wait to be daily driving mine everday. Scheduled build week for me is next week!!!
You will love it (and we get that you already know that).

All that being said (above) for the most part I still enjoy driving my other cars better - the GTI (also tuned and heavily suspension modded), our BMW ZHP (totally stock but well maintained) and the Audi S4 (wish I still had it). A lot is due to the BW still being new and me not having all the crazy driving experiences I've had with the other cars....but much is also due to those other cars being a bit lighter, smaller and more nimble feeling then the BW (though probably a wash wrt the Audi....its acceleration was just more beastly). Again, Caddy is clearly a much better all around car then all of them....maybe its just a bit too refined....but mostly its because its just a bit on the big and heavy side (for me)....

Funny...our Mustang (with a V8) is the slowest car we own. It is fun to drive but its no race or rally car. Its benefits and fun are in other ways....convertible helps....and it does drive very well for what it is...with acceleration thats still better than most other modern cars on the road (that aren't speedsters).

I wanted the ZHP in a convertible and sometimes wish we got it that way...wife nixed the idea saying we already had a convertible.

I wish the CTV4BW came as a wagon....like the CTS-V....then it would be perfect IMO. I'd love to see someone do a morph/photoshop or such. I think it would look sharp as a wagon. It looks great as is (CT5V looks better in most but not all respects). I've gotten many compliments WRT the looks of the car (and the sound....though its a bit quiet for me...but not bad)

Last edited:
I have seen a few videos online of aftermarket downpipe installs that seem to turn up the volume a bit without making it stupid for everyday driving..maybe explore that route? I know they are different motors, but my V6 turbo motor in my B9 S4 the AWE touring exahust did wonders, but didn't make as big of a difference as when i had them AND the downpipes. Looking at the configuration of the stock exhaust, I think downpipes alone will give you a much better/louder sound. Drone will increase slightly though.

I have seen a few videos online of aftermarket downpipe installs that seem to turn up the volume a bit without making it stupid for everyday driving..maybe explore that route? I know they are different motors, but my V6 turbo motor in my B9 S4 the AWE touring exahust did wonders, but didn't make as big of a difference as when i had them AND the downpipes. Looking at the configuration of the stock exhaust, I think downpipes alone will give you a much better/louder sound. Drone will increase slightly though.
I had AWE exhaust and downpipes on my Audi and it was fantastic. Originally had cats but they were destroyed when one of my turbos blew. You could smell the lack of cats a bit but it always passed emissions without a hitch...(unlike my GTI which has been a constant pain)

I doubt I'll do anything for a while with the Caddy. At some point (after warranty?) I'll likely do intake, downpipes and exhaust (seen some mods that make sense)...we'll see. In the meanwhile I'll possibly do the throttle body upgrade and other stuff that shouldn't affect warranty or (pain in the ass) Virginia emissions process. Even if i keep it stock (forever) its still got sufficient power and I see no need to lower it or mess with the suspension at all. I do have Apex wheels arriving in a few weeks and I'll have the summer tires mounted on them. Running Micheline Alpine snow tires on the stock wheels now - which are very impressive handling wise for snow tires.

Last edited:
Long story short, let's appreciate the 4BW and the 5BW exsist. In two or three decades we may have 0 options like these two.
Forget decades, we may have 0 options like these in two to three YEARS. They're already some of the very last ones, and the 5BW is the last manual V8 sedan.

My 1967 Caddy convertible has a V8/ 429 cubic inch engine . It produces 340 horsepower and 480 pounds of torque. Back in the day, a 429 ci engine was a monster. Cadillac then came out with 472 ci and 500 ci engines. I checked the weight of my 67' and its 4622 pounds. Convertibles weigh more than 2dr hardtops. My 2022 5BW weighs 4138 pounds. Only 484 pounds lighter than my convertible. I am impressed with how much horsepower engineers can get out of a 4 cylinder engine these days.
The LT4 is reported as 376 ci engine.

tmp.gif

I'm changing my guess.....I was initially thinking 2024 was going to be the last year, but now I'm leaning towards it continuing with a refreshed interior and no exterior changes other than color options. I just think GM would've made more of a fuss if it was discontinued so that more people might have wanted to jump on a '24. Anyway, I have zero insider info, just my complete guess.

C&D is just now releasing info on the 2025 Escalade, so maybe there will be updates on the other 25 models (ct4 included) coming soon?

The order guide for the 2025 CT4-V/Blackwing was posted on GM's fleet website last week. You can see it attached or at

This should quell any fears that the model was being cut...however I do think it was on the chopping block but the recent dip in EV sales forced GM to pivot and extend the model another year or so. The fact that the guide reflects 0 changes from 2024 further emphasizes this.

If you want to order one, GM normally opens retail orders for a new MY within a month of posting this guide. You can take the RPO codes to help streamline the process at your dealer.

Attachments

• printbook.pdf
    281 KB · Views: 47

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!