Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2025 CT4V Blackwing?

I've voiced my nonexpert opinion on this. I don't think there will be a 2025. CT4 sales are terrible, values are tanking, etc. BUT at the same time, why not keep building them, even slower? If ICE is going away in another couple of years and your costs are already factored in, 9000+ units a year are better than none. As long as they are turning a profit and still selling some, why kill it? Maybe cut the trim levels. Keep the BW, the Lux and Prem Lux, kill the V and the Sport. But, GM is GM. We should know for sure in a few months.

If GM would put the LT2 into the chassis they would sell every single one they make.

:upthumbs
I think they should do this as some kind of limited special edition....makes sense to me. And maybe one with a supercharger a la 5 BW (Ok slightly detuned/defanged)

And I like finally-a-v's idea to maybe keep production but scale back on the trims....I'd keep the V and BW only...

Don't you guys think it's more likely that GM is avoiding what we saw a few years ago where the CT5-V Blackwing completely overshadowed the CT4-V Blackwing when both were introduced at the same time? The 4 never got the full credit it deserved, always being compared to its big brother, essentially.

For the record, I'd be surprised if the 5 continues while the 4 is discontinued. I don't think they'll do anything special to it, no significant changes. They're not trying to be suspenseful. They just want the 4 to have some time in the spotlight on its own this time. Just my guess.

Don't you guys think it's more likely that GM is avoiding what we saw a few years ago where the CT5-V Blackwing completely overshadowed the CT4-V Blackwing when both were introduced at the same time? The 4 never got the full credit it deserved, always being compared to its big brother, essentially.

For the record, I'd be surprised if the 5 continues while the 4 is discontinued. I don't think they'll do anything special to it, no significant changes. They're not trying to be suspenseful. They just want the 4 to have some time in the spotlight on its own this time. Just my guess.
Yea, our resident "I'm not going to tell you so I don't get fired guy" @Jameson's Viggen made a 100% non-incriminating hint to the same overshadowing mistake not happening again.

If GM would put the LT2 into the chassis they would sell every single one they make.

:upthumbs
Yes, the number of people who didn't buy the 4BW because it has a 472hp TTV6 instead of a 472hp V8 is in the dozens. And most of them have Youtube channels.

Yes, the number of people who didn't buy the 4BW because it has a 472hp TTV6 instead of a 472hp V8 is in the dozens. And most of them have Youtube channels.
I hope my sarcasm detector is on point here. Dozens of ppl would have bought it, dozens I say.

Ps- these are the same folks who kept complaining about the Camaro ss’s interior and visibility and got it canned.

I love mine. That said, I will have a deposit down on a V8 version the day it's announced.

It'll never happen, but if they decide to do a "hair on fire" analogue to the M3 CSL and slap the V8 in... it would be really special.

I've voiced my nonexpert opinion on this. I don't think there will be a 2025. CT4 sales are terrible, values are tanking, etc. BUT at the same time, why not keep building them, even slower? If ICE is going away in another couple of years and your costs are already factored in, 9000+ units a year are better than none. As long as they are turning a profit and still selling some, why kill it? Maybe cut the trim levels. Keep the BW, the Lux and Prem Lux, kill the V and the Sport. But, GM is GM. We should know for sure in a few months.
It's a multi use chassis going into LGR for the ability to handle ICE/EV 4 door Corvette EV, Camaro EV, Cadillac and running out final Chassis and ICE components related to CT4's and CT5's with the 4 components going to make the 5's and 86 the 4 all together. As dumb as GM is they aren't as dumb as you think they are.

Case in point? Drive a CT5 BW and then go drive another 4 door. Then tell yourself the car is no different than a camry 4 door. How would a camry compare with everything thrown at it to make it similar? That's right the camry chassis couldn't handle it or even be remotely possible as the CT5 regular Chassis is that good to begin with. Any TOYOTA is preeminent worlds greatest auto manufacture...ummOK?

Last edited:
Hi all - long-time lurker and first time poster!

Just purchased my 24 CT4VBW at the end of 2023 in part out of fear that the model would be killed off at some point this year (and that, any official announcement made by Cadillac would lead to a run on the existing inventory and/or the return of the dreaded ADM).

One thing that could be notable for the fate of the CT4 is that Cadillac was/is running some pretty sweet (but very surprising) incentives on the 4BW. I got $3k off MSRP and a pretty favorable interest rate - this incentive isn’t advertised on the Cadillac corporate website but you’ll find it advertised at the dealer level.

Maybe overthinking, but I thought it could’ve been a low key way for Cadillac to thin inventory before killing the platform. I didn’t expect Cadillac to run incentives on one of their halo cars (I imagine they never would on the 5BW) and the incentives were better than on the regular CT4!

Congrats and welcome! Share your thoughts on the car when you can.

Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to the forum.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back