Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2025 5BW updates

I use it all the time for pause/mute/play since there isn’t a play/mute/pause button on the steering wheel for some reason!!
Doesn't the mute button with the telephone handset on it that is on the steering wheel do that?

New one looks better. It looks more hunkered down in the front vs the current one looks like it has a long face. Like scar from Lion King.

I like the front end refresh and thought the Knight Rider effects with the lights was cool. The front lights finally look like Cadillac prototype race car.

I really like the PDR updates, but the change to the Google platform likely means we won’t see any sort of backdating which is too bad. I bet the Google OS let them load up the AliveDrive app with relatively little work.

Someone mentioned the new car loses CarPlay, is that confirmed?

Overall they did a great job, but no motivation to trade my 22 for a 25 at $20k+ additional cost.

I am also suspect of those weights. I’ve posted this before, but this is the corner weights on my 22 M7 with full fuel.

1706187238536.png

Or, maybe the mistake of releasing both to media where the 4 was always compared to the 5, won't be done again. Maybe give them some media breathing room this time?
I hope this is true. I’m still in for a 4 if it gets the updated PDR goodies.

I like the front end refresh and thought the Knight Rider effects with the lights was cool. The front lights finally look like Cadillac prototype race car.

I really like the PDR updates, but the change to the Google platform likely means we won’t see any sort of backdating which is too bad. I bet the Google OS let them load up the AliveDrive app with relatively little work.

Overall they did a great job, but no motivation to trade my 22 for a 25 at $20k+ additional cost.

I am also suspect of those weights. I’ve posted this before, but this is the corner weights on my 22 M7 with full fuel.

View attachment 23795
Do u have ceramics?

It'll be interesting to see the new base price. That screen has to cost something. With super cruise being standard in the auto, that'll drive the price up too. I believe SC is something like $2500-3000? I'll guess $4K for manual and $5K for the auto, maybe $5500.

The new nose is ok. That vertical line is what bothers me. A body shop could paint it if needed. I'll reserve my expert opinion until I see it in the flesh, but I think I like the 22-24 BW better.

Did anyone notice the mid tier Blackwing seats in the Regular V? I'd guess that's part of an "option package". Once again GM being GM.

I'm excited to pick up a 22-24 from one of you at a bargain price! I'll except your bids. 🤣

Last edited:

View attachment 23795
In one of the videos I saw, a GM person said CarPlay was still there.

Been waiting over a year for the refreshed model so I could get my allocation and get the new one. So far I'm on the fence and looking at '24's. Love the updated interior tech, but front on the '25 CT5-V looks better than either new or old blackwing models I think.

5 minute photoshop to remove the mini "blackwings" from the front bumper...hmm. Want to see the refreshed front on a Black Raven colored car.

Good work, Nick. That piece of black plastic bisecting the painted bumper is offensive. You're right of course, at least Black Raven will mask it. In addition to that detail, I' very surprised they left the lower corners as they have. The open vents are so much better integrated on the 22-24. Looks like an afterthought here.

before after 2025 ct5v.jpg

I'm glad I have a '23 5BW

I'll be honest I am kind of surprised they did a 2025 and to give it its own styled front end is nice. That being said I don't really like it, maybe it looks better in person, but none of the changes give me the itch of upgrading. Kind of surprised they didn't up the power a little bit to give people more reason to upgrade.

As for the interior changes. I am not a fan of that huge screen.

All-in-all cool they are keeping it going for 2025, but I am happy with my 2022, especially considering the price I paid for it compared to the 2023+.

Changes tend to grow on people after they have been around for just a bit. You can say the BW now has whiskers. ;) It is an animal after all, right?

There are screens in the pre-25 CT5 already - it’s just less obvious due to the separation and shrouding. Oversimplifying here, the 25+ have the screens smashed together with less jewel-work and shrouds. Less cost, commonization across models, arguably better stage set for HMI/software features..

About that black speckled piece! It’s rad on black diamond cars - an exact match? So I don’t notice it or maybe even love it for that. Also it’s a place to put my lazy-ass hand or thumb when screwing around w/ the screen.

I didn’t notice the volume knob going away - bummer. I wish it and the home icon were lit.
I use it all the time for pause/mute/play since there isn’t a play/mute/pause button on the steering wheel for some reason!!

It appears manuals totally lost the volume knob and selection knob and home button, whereas autos still have them in front of the shifter. Kind of disappointing as I use the home button and knobs all the time.

Also, it looks like they moved the camera button from the physical button area in front of the shifter, to a virtual button on the giant screen. This seems especially dumb. I've learned where the button is and with muscle memory reach forward and press it when parking to know how far forward to park. So now, while parking, with no home button, I'm going to.. umm.. have to figure out whatever gesture is needed to invoke the home screen, and then look at the screen and find the camera button.. all the while stopped like an idiot halfway into the parking spot. Thanks, GM. LÖL.

All we wanted were some better cupholders with those little tabs that hold your drink in. And a bigger fuel tank.

(edit) @vagabond, I forgot to tell you... the knob and buttons *are* backlit - in theory - but when you dim your gauges below a certain point, they stop dimming and just turn off. I too keep mine dim enough that my volume knob and buttons are not backlit.

They said the CF splitter is updated, AKA different, which makes sense given the new face.

Which means, if you ever thought of getting the CF splitter for your pre-refresh 5V Blackwing, ORDER THAT SUCKER NOW. The side deflectors too.

They said the CF splitter is updated, AKA different, which makes sense given the new face.

Which means, if you ever thought of getting the CF splitter for your pre-refresh 5V Blackwing, ORDER THAT SUCKER NOW. The side deflectors too.
By federal law, manufacturers have to supply parts for 10 years. The old splitter should be available for at least 10 years so accident damage can be repaired

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back