Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2025 5BW updates

I think they did a really nice job integrating the large screen; it flows well with the interior curves and doesnt block sight lines. Too many cars just have giant rectangular tablets welded on.
I like the design of the screen but when I tried it out on the xt4 the wheel blocked part of the screen for me. This was my pov when sitting in my normal position
IMG_3706.jpeg

I like the old front end better.
The refreshed front end looks too busy. I do, however, like the new dash. I'd love to see the new Typhoon Metallic on the Blackwing. Overall, a great color selection.

Last edited:
I reserve final judgement until I see it in person but I think i like it overall. I can see me ordering a '25 to replace my '22 since I'm putting over 15k miles/year on the car.

Love that Typhoon Metallic color and in general I think the car looks good (inside and out)....sounds great too...but we already knew that...new screen looks way beter in the car than the new BMWs IMO.

OMG! The color is gorgeous! Whoever said it I agree.......the "V" nose looks better than the BW.

Supercruise included is pretty cool along with the new software, but not a fan of the full screen.

OMG! The color is gorgeous! Whoever said it I agree.......the "V" nose looks better than the BW.

The regular V nose is more like the current BW nose and looks good to me. I like everything I see in that video of the regular V. New colors are nice, too. People have been screaming for green to come back and here it is. Tempting...

That was me Sir. I actually wondered if you go buy a new Blackwing and could swap the front with a regular V. The extra open vents on the lower air damn are integrated so much better on the 22-24 Blackwing, and that piece of plastic continuing up to the headlight on the new Blackwing is awful. Honestly, I even like the tighter grill mesh on the regular V (yes, I know how the Blackwing went through countless hours of grill design to maximize the cooling). The new Blackwing front is just not a harmonious design.

The 2025 gained over 100lbs. What is that weight gain from? Also now the manual weighs more than the Auto?
Must be all that new software! Ha!

So the 2025 shows a weight of 4301 lbs vs 22-24 of 4123 lbs for a manual. If this is correct, I’m glad I got a 23. Weight is enemy of performance and to go up 178 lbs for new front, headlights and center console without any performance improvement is crazy. Heck BMW M CS tax charges you 20-30 percent premium to drop 100-150 lbs. maybe I should tack on a CSL badge right next to my CT5! Maybe one day if the carbon ceramics go down in price which I highly doubt, add that plus put on some lighter wheels, maybe hit 4000 lbs for a CT5. That would be interesting.

Maybe I ll pick up an automatic as a winter beater.
I was actually thinking this will massively increase the older versions, the interior changes the whole vibe, I think there will be a lot of people who agree. If you want fancy lights and a massive dashboard you should simply look at an Audi or a Mercedes. The BWs are really meant for niche car guys and the new interior says the contrary.

I expect the old ones to go up in value.

I like the design of the screen but when I tried it out on the xt4 the wheel blocked part of the screen for me. This was my pov when sitting in my normal position View attachment 23786
The screen shape is just stretched out and all one piece which is great, but is it really that much more real estate? I would have to pull out the measuring tape to find out but from this viewpoint it's several inches shorter in height. I do like that they axed that center gloss black speckled trim but then they removed the volume knob. It didn't work for VW and it's not going to work for GM.

Screens like this are counterintuitive to a drivers car, it dilutes the driving experience IMO. Take the Darkhorse for instance, why would anyone need this when you're going flat out on the track or for that matter in daily driving. How many of us stare at a screen all day for work, or come home to stare at a much larger screen on the couch to relax, or use a cell phone during the few seconds of downtime we have. I don't need more screens in my life, I don't think any of us do especially while driving down the road at 75mph. It's one thing if these cars were fully autonomous but their not and they won't be for some time. If manufactures would only invest in advanced handsfree voice controls because that's what's truly lacking in the automotive landscape.

Last edited:
The screen shape is just stretched out and all one piece which is great, but is it really that much more real estate? I would have to pull out the measuring tape to find out but from this viewpoint it's several inches shorter in height. I do like that they axed that center gloss black speckled trim but then they removed the volume knob. It didn't work for VW and it's not going to work for GM.

Screens like this are counterintuitive to a drivers car, it dilutes the driving experience IMO. Take the Darkhorse for instance, why would anyone need this when you're going flat out on the track or for that matter in daily driving. How many of us stare at a screen all day for work, or come home to stare at a much larger screen on the couch to relax, or use a cell phone during the few seconds of downtime we have. I don't need more screens in my life, I don't think any of us do especially while driving down the road at 75mph. It's one thing if these cars were fully autonomous but their not and they won't be for some time. If manufactures would only invest in advanced handsfree voice controls because that's what's truly lacking in the automotive landscape.
There are screens in the pre-25 CT5 already - it’s just less obvious due to the separation and shrouding. Oversimplifying here, the 25+ have the screens smashed together with less jewel-work and shrouds. Less cost, commonization across models, arguably better stage set for HMI/software features..

About that black speckled piece! It’s rad on black diamond cars - an exact match? So I don’t notice it or maybe even love it for that. Also it’s a place to put my lazy-ass hand or thumb when screwing around w/ the screen.

I didn’t notice the volume knob going away - bummer. I wish it and the home icon were lit.
I use it all the time for pause/mute/play since there isn’t a play/mute/pause button on the steering wheel for some reason!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back