Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2024 MY Cadillac CT4-V / CT5-V Blackwing - What's New!

While there at it, maybe they could possibly entertain the idea of a non carbon fiber black spoiler option for the CT5??

Made of what material though? If you say SMC, you realize how thick that piece would need to be in order to deal with deflection from aero forces? It'd be monstrously thick. And probably look like absolute ass.

It's CF for more than bling bling. ;-)

While there at it, maybe they could possibly entertain the idea of a non carbon fiber black spoiler option for the CT5??

You know so that people can actually get a Black Wing (get it?) with their Blackwing since the only one available is always on constraint. Even better, it would be 5x cheaper and I'm sure 80% of people would be satisfied with that.
That would be a nice option for a non-blackwing V as well (like my car LOL). At least throw one in the in the accessories parts bin, please.

Made of what material though? If you say SMC, you realize how thick that piece would need to be in order to deal with deflection from aero forces? It'd be monstrously thick. And probably look like absolute ass.

IDK, there are lots of spoilers on cars and they are not all CF. Not saying you are wrong in your thinking. 🙂

IDK, there are lots of spoilers on cars and they are not all CF. Not saying you are wrong in your thinking. 🙂

Shaped like the 5BW spoiler? And dealing with the speeds that the 5BW can hit?

(Answer: no and no. ;-))

Shaped like the 5BW spoiler? And dealing with the speeds that the 5BW can hit?

(Answer: no and no. ;-))
I'll have to say, that I have been curious about these tape on spoilers that are about the same shape that sell on eBay and wondering if they actually stay on. I wouldn't trust anything only taped on.

The same material they use for every other $500 spoiler option for the Camaro and Corvette in carbon flash.

If Corvette can have a "low profile spoiler" in black for cheap, why cant the Blackwing get the same treatment. Especially because the only spoiler option is never available, they really should come up with a non carbon fiber that can be made available for people who want a spoiler but can't get the carbon due to constraints.

I don't even care if its $1000.

Hell just make it an option for the current lip spoiler thats already on the cars in body colour to just be painted black.

I'm not asking for much here.

The same material they use for every other $500 spoiler option for the Camaro and Corvette in carbon flash.

If Corvette can have a "low profile spoiler" in black for cheap, why cant the Blackwing get the same treatment. Especially because the only spoiler option is never available, they really should come up with a non carbon fiber that can be made available for people who want a spoiler but can't get the carbon due to constraints.

The car already has a low-profile spoiler when not optioned with the CF1 package. So you're asking for a 3rd shape entirely?

I'll have to say, that I have been curious about these tape on spoilers that are about the same shape that sell on eBay and wondering if they actually stay on. I wouldn't trust anything only taped on.

Fwiw I had an eBay spoiler on my Miata, taped with 3M, and it adhered well

C
I was hoping for Regal Peacock as an option. Am I reading right that carbon seat backs are not an option again?
Carbon seat backs are on constraint, so if you order the highest seats you may never get a car. Now you can order the high-end leather and delete the CF seat backs and get a car without holding up your order forever. Presumably they'll have the suede seat backs from the mid-level seats.

This has been an option for a couple of months now

View attachment 18595

Just saw one of Miguel's old bikes (they claimed) at a Honda event recently...
1682691464400.png

I think there was confusion as the first 250 of each were collectors editions and some outlets erroneously reported they would be lifetime limited to those 250 which is obviously not the case
I cannot think of any car GM has produced in recent memory (20+ years or so) that were actually limited production. By that I mean, they claimed how many would be built before they built them. I'm not talking sticker packages either. The C4 Grand Sport at 1000 units is the closest I can think of, and it was nearly just a sticker package anyway.

EVERY car is limited production, it just depends on what is limiting that production. REAL limited production is saying, "Here is the limit to our production, we will only build x number."

That 250 collector number confused everyone at first, and some dealers jumped on it.

As far as low production numbers go, how about the STS-V? I always wanted one of them, but their time has pasted.

2006: 1,306
2007: 642
2008: 459
2009: 96

That 250 number confused me for months. All I saw were reviewers mentioning the 250 cars, not that the first 250 would be "special" and there would be as many built as they could supply.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back