Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 2023 CT5V Blackwing - Green Filter Installed/Part #

CT5-V Model
Thank you all for the feedback on this ! and keeping us up to date on the cat back options !

Same!
Mine will be here tomorrow...

I see you are in Tampa. You ever make it over to Bradenton?

Going to trailer my car down sometime and make a few passes once I can figure how what kind of tires I can fit out back.

Same!

I see you are in Tampa. You ever make it over to Bradenton?

Going to trailer my car down sometime and make a few passes once I can figure how what kind of tires I can fit out back.
Yep, taken it to BMP once and made a couple passes to see what it can do. B7D14139-B436-486B-8983-FAE10CEA96D2.jpeg

Looking good man. Think I may do the same here shortly.

Mine will be here tomorrow...
Also got mine on, throttle response feels faster(more direct) You really can hear the throttle body opening now.

To anybody on the fence I would say its worth it.

if MGW needs a 5bw my office is 5 minutes down the street from them

I emailed a while back spoke with the owner, he said the market wasn't large enough. if we can get 8-9 more guys to call and email i think he would do it.

I only have a few hundred miles on my whip and feel the shifter/throws are pretty damn good. I've own several MGW pieces of the years and would be on the fence to replace the current OEM piece. Also have owned several TR6060's and this one seems really impressive, even when it's cold, it doesn't act up like some of the older versions, IMO.

I only have a few hundred miles on my whip and feel the shifter/throws are pretty damn good. I've own several MGW pieces of the years and would be on the fence to replace the current OEM piece. Also have owned several TR6060's and this one seems really impressive, even when it's cold, it doesn't act up like some of the older versions, IMO.
Exactly what I was gonna say. These shifters are short throw enough and are so crisp. Id hate for MGW to make it worst and add notchiness to it. It made sense to upgrade on my Z06 since it actually changed the throw but the notchiness sucked.

We worked with Green Filter to develop both the CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing air filters. We have the CT4-V Blackwing filters in stock for immediate shipment now. The CT5-V-Blackwing filters haven't gone into production yet, so you're probably looking at four to six more weeks before your order ships.
You have a link to the filters for 4BW ?

Green just confirmed the first production batch of these new air filters will be shipping tomorrow, so we should be able to get all pre-orders shipped out on Monday or Tuesday.

That's one missing link, some noticeable SC whine!

Green just confirmed the first production batch of these new air filters will be shipping tomorrow, so we should be able to get all pre-orders shipped out on Monday or Tuesday.
Hello Scott, You or someone may have answered this somewhere in a thread? do these need to be pre-charged with oil at install? And, then after cleaning like a K & ....re-charged ? Or is it set it and forget it, no additional oil needed after install?

Got the answer, thanx!

Last edited:
I’d never use an oiled cotton filter on a car like this. They may flow more but that’s bc they don’t do a good job of doing what an air filter is suppose to do which is filter air. You’re not gonna notice any power difference (assuming there is any) either on car that has such a high baseline if it to begin with. Poorer filtering is not worth any trade off. I always point to this K&n test ISO 5011 Duramax Air Filter Test Report

What @Carguyshu said.

I stay away from oiled filters for a host of reasons: oil contamination on the MAF, 'dirty' air, etc.

There are better flowing filters, typically AEM Dryflow. If they ever make one for our airbox, or if Rotofab makes an intake for us, that's what I will be switching to.

What @Carguyshu said.

I stay away from oiled filters for a host of reasons: oil contamination on the MAF, 'dirty' air, etc.

There are better flowing filters, typically AEM Dryflow. If they ever make one for our airbox, or if Rotofab makes an intake for us, that's what I will be switching to.
I’ve begged rotofab multiple times and offered my car to corsa for a CAI since they’re kind of local, no luck yet.

I’ve begged rotofab multiple times and offered my car to corsa for a CAI since they’re kind of local, no luck yet.

I called and emailed Rotofab last week. Spoke to a nice lady who said it's such a small market. But she said to keep asking...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back