Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 2023 CT5V Blackwing - Green Filter Installed/Part #

CT5-V Model

Brandonvk

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5V Blackwing
Hey everyone! I was reading through posts/searching for vendors online and didn't come across any cold air intake solutions (or really much of any bolt on solutions) for the 2023 CT5V BW as of yet. Because I can't leave any of my cars alone for long, I did acquire a green filter that I installed today. No engine codes or anything so far.

Thought I would share the part number for anyone interested: the website lists it fits the 2022 BW, and I installed with no issues on my 2023.

Greenfilter #7481
Screenshot_20221126_132550_Chrome.jpg

Hey everyone! I was reading through posts/searching for vendors online and didn't come across any cold air intake solutions (or really much of any bolt on solutions) for the 2023 CT5V BW as of yet. Because I can't leave any of my cars alone for long, I did acquire a green filter that I installed today. No engine codes or anything so far.

Thought I would share the part number for anyone interested: the website lists it fits the 2022 BW, and I installed with no issues on my 2023.

Greenfilter #7481
View attachment 14750
Have you noticed any increase in intake noise? Id love to get a little more supercharger whine in the cabin.

Greenfilter #7481
View attachment 14750

He isn't touching the intake. Changing to a much better filter element. Green and AEM Dry are the best in the business.
I thought he wanted an aftermarket solution.. My question then is, what difference does this new filter make?

I thought he wanted an aftermarket solution.. My question then is, what difference does this new filter make?

You are right. I missed where he was originally looking for a CAI.

I agree, GM left very little on the table with regards to the airbox.

AEM Dry and Green are excellent replacements from OEM. They are less restrictive than OEM, while managing to breathe better. The filter element isn't paper like the AC Delco filter, so it has a longer life and can be cleaned.

Personally, I prefer AEM Dry filters to Green (or K&N) because I don't like introducing oil into the intake side. I have seen too many examples of oil on the MAF when some get over zealous about servicing their filters.

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one hoping to hear a little more noise from the intake. This vehicle is too quiet for how much power it makes!

Also waiting for Kooks to call me when their exhaust is ready to sell. I called them last week and they said it would be soon.

We worked with Green Filter to develop both the CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing air filters. We have the CT4-V Blackwing filters in stock for immediate shipment now. The CT5-V-Blackwing filters haven't gone into production yet, so you're probably looking at four to six more weeks before your order ships.

Last edited:
I'd like some long-tube ARH or Kooks headers, but still want the stock exhaust to be able to alternate between quiet and louder track modes.

I agree it's too quiet overall for how powerful it is. It does sound better from the outside, but a bit too quiet inside. :D

Yea i cant wait for kooks to drop….the only other two i care for (and feel the car needs upgraded) is an mgw shifter and swift springs….then im done …..i swear……maybe 😏
I think the throw on the shifter is great the way it is. Its plenty short compared to my old C6Zs with MGW shifter and zero notchiness. I need lowering springs to close the wheel gap in the rear. Once its lowered, then the wheel itch will kick in next.

I like where this headed! Plus +1 for the MGW shifter! Will place an order for the green air filter because I’m a child lol. Just ordered a replacement filter I will use, before the green one is made.

We worked with Green Filter to develop both the CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing air filters. We have the CT4-V Blackwing filters in stock for immediate shipment now. The CT5-V-Blackwing filters haven't gone into production yet, so you're probably looking at four

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one hoping to hear a little more noise from the intake. This vehicle is too quiet for how much power it makes!

Also waiting for Kooks to call me when their exhaust is ready to sell. I called them last week and they said it would be soon.
I'm so glad you already reached out to kooks! They were on my list to get in touch with. I can be patient!

I'm so glad you already reached out to kooks! They were on my list to get in touch with. I can be patient!
We spoke with them today, and offered to handle test fitting and dyno validation for their soon to be released cat-back exhaust systems.

I called them last week as well lol. Back when they announced it was coming they told me they were waiting on some components to finish the valves and get them on shelves for customers. Last week they told me the same - very soon. Can’t wait to add some more volume to the car, only thing I’m not excited about is losing the OEM tips

We worked with Green Filter to develop both the CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing air filters. We have the CT4-V Blackwing filters in stock for immediate shipment now. The CT5-V-Blackwing filters haven't gone into production yet, so you're probably looking at four to six more weeks before your order ships.
My Green Filter for my 5BW will be received tomorrow.

Arrived today. Impressed by the build quality.

Initial impressions with the new filter. Intake noise is a little noticeable now. Still can't hear the SC though. Maybe a little more power from this. Butt dyno says it feels a little faster.

IMG_1122 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop