Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 BMW M2

I have obtained leaked spy shots of the 2025 M3 [pics of SsangYong Rodius]

Dood! I have a friend in the auto industry in Europe. He and his euro buddies actually use the word "rodius" as an adjective for something unredeemingly ugly.

Unlike, say, a Fiat Multipla for which the ugliness is a feature rather than a bug.

As for the BMW vs Cadillac thing: after owning nothing but Japanese cars for 34 years, I was a little nervous about getting into either of them. The 4BW's 6year/70k mile powertrain warranty was absolutely a factor in my making the Cadillac purchase. That's 50% more years and 40% more miles than BMW offers.

So far the 4BW is way better screwed together than the WRX STI I traded in.

Honestly is it kinda weird that I like it?

Maybe because the X3M comp we have has an s58 but I'm a huge fan of that engine and this is the smallest and cheapest vehicle that engine comes in.

The only difference that I know of between the weakest version of the S58 in this M2 and the strongest version with 542hp in the M4 CSL and upcoming M3 CS is a software tune. That M4 CSL has a higher trap speed and quicker 0-150 time than the M5 CS and CT5 BW.

Overbuilt twin turbo inline 6 with huge tuning potential, 2+2 body style, available 6 speed manual transmission. Thought to be the last of its kind from BMW (manual + ICE). Honestly has all the makings for a modern MK IV Supra.

Only downside I see is that BMW doesn't think the manual transmission can handle the torque of the uncorked S58 motor.

Last edited:
Unlike, say, a Fiat Multipla for which the ugliness is a feature rather than a bug.
I can't stop looking at this styling abomination, how did that make it to production? It's the same fascination I have with the Pontiac Aztec.

Attachments

• 1200px-Fiat_Multipla_front_20080825.jpg
    1200px-Fiat_Multipla_front_20080825.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 61
Wow.. looks like a 5th grader was in charge of the design!

Honestly is it kinda weird that I like it?

Maybe because the X3M comp we have has an s58 but I'm a huge fan of that engine and this is the smallest and cheapest vehicle that engine comes in.

The only difference that I know of between the weakest version of the S58 in this M2 and the strongest version with 542hp in the M4 CSL and upcoming M3 CS is a software tune. That M4 CSL has a higher trap speed and quicker 0-150 time than the M5 CS and CT5 BW.

Overbuilt twin turbo inline 6 with huge tuning potential, 2+2 body style, available 6 speed manual transmission. Thought to be the last of its kind from BMW (manual + ICE). Honestly has all the makings for a modern MK IV Supra.

Only downside I see is that BMW doesn't think the manual transmission can handle the torque of the uncorked S58 motor.
Yeah - even the base M3 has 473 HP paired with the 6 speed, but apparently people tuning those have been destroying clutches.

It's probably a clutch for now and a full rebuild at some point in a couple years when the torque finally gets the rest of the box.

Yeah - even the base M3 has 473 HP paired with the 6 speed, but apparently people tuning those have been destroying clutches.

It's probably a clutch for now and a full rebuild at some point in a couple years when the torque finally gets the rest of the box.
Looks like they have hobbled it though. Check out throttle house review. Apparently torque outside of the turbo range is non existent.

Wouldn't even entertain the BMW thing....take your goggles off folks they pulling the sham on you all for quite sometime and their latest are even more cheaply made...but you will keep buying it....
Something's working for them. Record sales for BMW USA in Q1 2023. Different owner base than what it used to be, that's for sure.

This reminds me of when GM botched the facelift on 2019 Camaro and had to fix it for the next model year since everyone was puking. The M2 needs a new face and ass. :)

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 5.26.44 PM.png

I'm in the minority, since I liked the face of my 19 Camaro SS 1LE...
20190520_083655.jpg

But still can't get in to the looks of the new M2.

Slow down, look, even take a pic and a few thumbs up every now and then along the way. Nothing more than that...BMW 4M to most recently convertible 8M comp blinged out! I believe the BW's are recognized for what the car promises in performance in a 4 door package those that know what the car is.....Its delivers.

I'm in the minority, since I liked the face of my 19 Camaro SS 1LE...
View attachment 18239
But still can't get in to the looks of the new M2.
You will have the unique one. It is actually not as bad as when I first saw it. The same thing will happen with the M2 styling, over time is get less polarizing. You may not love it but you accept it.

Road & Track seems to love it.

I’m not in the market for something like this but it doesn’t offend me. Maybe if/when the Comp/CS is released.

It does look good in black.

I can't stop looking at this styling abomination, how did that make it to production? It's the same fascination I have with the Pontiac Aztec.

I think there's as big difference between the those two vehicles.

I'm pretty sure that the people who designed the Multipla intentionally made it weird looking. And that the people who designed the Aztec (and Rodius) didn't.

I thought this was very strange as well. Also looked at the previous gen M2s pretty hard before going with the CT4 BW. I thought 2 doors would be too impractical, and I remember them having an extremely small gas tank
Did you get a chance to drive the last gen M2? Would be great to know how they compared.

Did you get a chance to drive the last gen M2? Would be great to know how they compared.
Most of the driving reviews say it's fast but sterile, lacking much feedback. The ride is overly stiff and the exhaust doesn't sound good. Jason Cammisa was particularly harsh on it. He also reported that it turns on lane keep assist with every key cycle, and the only way to turn it off was to go through a bunch of menus on the touch screen. :rolleyes:

Basically everything the Blackwing does great, the M2 sucks at.

Most of the driving reviews say it's fast but sterile, lacking much feedback. The ride is overly stiff and the exhaust doesn't sound good. Jason Cammisa was particularly harsh on it. He also reported that it turns on lane keep assist with every key cycle, and the only way to turn it off was to go through a bunch of menus on the touch screen. :rolleyes:

Basically everything the Blackwing does great, the M2 sucks at.
I think Cammisa was talking about the new M2. Was thinking of the previous gen. like the M2 Comp.

I think Cammisa was talking about the new M2. Was thinking of the previous gen. like the M2 Comp.
The previous m2 was quite a front runner for me. It’s a fun little car with surprising amount of interior space.

I liked the engine and the playful nature of it. It felt easier to push the rear out. I also liked the styling too.

Things I didn’t like- the ride was quite firm(no adaptive dampers) and that sometimes felt like it would disturb it mid corner.

Also didn’t like the shifter feel but that’s a known bmw thing.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back