Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing Order Guide

Looks like those are the CT5-V, non-blackwing wheels, including the option codes. Wonder if this is an error, or perhaps they are adding some options for narrower (winter) fitments? The latter may be just wishful thinking.

2020 Cadillac CT5-V Wheels
So I am likely going to need a set of all season tires for the northeast winters and I am considering the 20-inch SSJ option.

@Mirza Grebovic, any issues that you see with running these wheels and an appropriate set of Michelin AS/3+ tires (which I have served me well on my other cars in the snow) on a CT5 BW w/ the carbon ceramic brakes?

1623684121307.png

@Mirza Grebovic, any issues that you see with running these wheels and an appropriate set of Michelin AS/3+ tires (which I have served me well on my other cars in the snow) on a CT5 BW w/ the carbon ceramic brakes?
@Mirza Grebovic I have the same question, but for 19s and standard brakes - You were quoted a while back in an interview saying you had been driving a preproduction car on winter tires. Can you share if there will be recommended winter fitments (I'm asking for the 5 but I am sure others are interested for the 4)? Thanks in advance!

A/S 3s are not winter tires. I would not run those if you get a decent amount of slop. They are all season in the “occasional dusting” of snow sense. I run them on my RWD 328 to give me more season then summer tires, but switch to real winters (Xice 3) around thanksgiving.

A/S 3s are not winter tires. I would not run those if you get a decent amount of slop. They are all season in the “occasional dusting” of snow sense. I run them on my RWD 328 to give me more season then summer tires, but switch to real winters (Xice 3) around thanksgiving.
Honestly, I've been using them without problem in snow of up to 3-4 inches of local driving with no problems (generally don't go out above 4 inches if I don't have to). Admittedly, that's on FWD and AWD cars, but not RWD. But I was hoping that the "Touring" mode on BW would be docile enough in similar conditions with all season tires.

Honestly, I've been using them without problem in snow of up to 3-4 inches of local driving with no problems (generally don't go out above 4 inches if I don't have to). Admittedly, that's on FWD and AWD cars, but not RWD. But I was hoping that the "Touring" mode on BW would be docile enough in similar conditions with all season tires.

A dedicated winter tire will always be better than an all season tire--as will dedicated summer tires. There are performance winter tires that provide better handling in cold wet and dry conditions at the expense of some snow and ice traction, and they can be a happy medium for performance cars. Check out Tire Rack's guide for some options: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/types/perfCat.jsp?perf=PPW It's really about the compound and the tread pattern, and all seasons will compromise on the compound to give a wider range of effective temperatures, making them less effective in winter conditions than a comparable performance winter tire.

I highly recommend getting a dedicated pair of snows for these monsters. You want narrower tires to penetrate the snow, not 315 rears or whatever BWs get. I have staggered A/S 3s on the 328, 225 front and 255 rear. I switch to square 225 for winters which allows me to rotate the tires for longer life, and get better snow handling. If you mostly drive on plowed roads, go with the performance snow tires. They will handle even better than the A/S 3s in cold temps, like mkrup suggested.

It dumped 4-5 inches in Ohio in May and I had already switched to my A/S 3s. The traction control was constantly kicking in on my way to work. I made it safely, but it was more due to driving like a white-knuckled grandma then the tires helping me out. That stormed pwned one of the trees in my yard, was pretty crazy :)

Attachments

• IMG_8614.jpg
    IMG_8614.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 183

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace