Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2014 Cadillac CTS-V to Get a Force-Fed LT1 Engine?

Do you know what size it is going to be?

I assume the new V-Series CTS will get the same basic engine as the ZO6 Vette - 6.2 L, 620 HP and 650 TQ.

I think you are right and it would make sense - CAFE requirements are crushing the viability of big V8 engines and there is no way Cadillac and Corvette are going to build different engines for what is essentially the same job - between Z06s and CTS-Vs that probably means a production run of about 5k engines a year - the next generation of this engine will probably be under 5.0 liters of displacement and will inevitably be supercharged (doubtful) or turbocharged (probable)

everyone is going the turbocharged route with smaller engines.. more fuel efficient and can still make the power. makes a lot of sense.. I've owned 3 turbo cars and I loved them. I'm "about" to own my 1st supercharged car. I know that supercharger scavenges power from the engine to make more power while a turbo takes wasted exhaust gases and makes more power... idk.. i prefer turbo's.. but ask me again in a month.

everyone is going the turbocharged route with smaller engines.. more fuel efficient and can still make the power. makes a lot of sense.. I've owned 3 turbo cars and I loved them. I'm "about" to own my 1st supercharged car. I know that supercharger scavenges power from the engine to make more power while a turbo takes wasted exhaust gases and makes more power... idk.. i prefer turbo's.. but ask me again in a month.

My daily driver is a twin-turbo charged car, and I love it, but the only thing I don't like is the turbo-lab driving around the city. That tends to get annoying after a while.

I know all about turbo lag.. I had a 35r on an evo... If i was crusing on the freeway at low speed then floored it.. it would go absolutely nowhere.. but I dont mind shifting.. drop it a couple gears and the thing took off like a bat out of hell lol.. i can see how that would get annoying with city driving.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back