Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Product Review: 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan Review

Product Review announcement

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
2013 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan Review

By Bill Roberson — July 20, 2013
Digital Trends

249d1374412385-2013-cadillac-cts-v-sedan-review-2013-cadillac-cts_v-sedan-exterior-left-610x403-c.jpg

My old man had Cadillacs while I was growing up. The first was a monstrous red 1970 El Dorado coupe, a challenging choice for a family of four, but we got pretty good at squeezing through the two doors and into the rear seats. I was but a wee lad at the time and most of what I remember about the car was that it was hugely fast. Previous to that we had been tooling around in a VW Squareback (seatbelts? we don’t need no…), so it was a pretty big step up in every way. It barely fit in the garage.

By the time I had my drivers license, dad was rocking a V8 STS and Cadillac had finally turned the corner from squishy, wallowing land-yachts to something with a semblance of handling, which at first my dad didn’t like (he liked the squish) but eventually came to appreciate.

The STS was off limits to me UNLESS pops was in the passenger seat, or unless I snuck it out while he was out of town – which wasn’t often because, well, a high school kid in a fat Caddy was just weird and tended to attract cops. But I fondly remember the V8 power of that STS, and Cadillacs in general had a lot to do with my early enthusiasm for things with motors. But sneaking off in the STS was pretty much the last time I piloted a Cadillac of any sort, until now.

Now that I’m in my 40s, I’ve become somewhat inured to “fast” cars (not helped by my lust for ever more powerful motorcycles) and have watched as cars have gotten loaded with more technology and become more efficient. But those advances has been tinged with some sadness as performance has steadily slipped away to the demands of efficiency and eco-cleanliness. Sure, there are still really fast cars out there, but for the most part they are impractical for daily driving, too “sport focused” for families or are just plain stupidly expensive.

Except for this Cadillac, this 556 horsepower monster called the CTS-V.

Full Review: 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan review | Digital Trends Reviews

Attachments

• 2013-cadillac-cts_v-sedan-exterior-left-610x403-c.jpg
    2013-cadillac-cts_v-sedan-exterior-left-610x403-c.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 329

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC